talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Harry

football forum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you so different than rest of the Australians on this forum ?

When you delete a software where do all the zeros and ones go ?

You received phone calls from these three Spike, nudge and SirBalon whose would you pick up, reply with a text and whose you wouldn't answer at all and why.

Do you think questions like what's your favorite book etc are plain boring ?

Favorite Airline ?

Is it favorite or favourite ?

HP or Dell ?

8-ball or Snooker ?

China or Japan ?

Andes or Alps ?

4625904072_7e88cf95d1_z.jpg

Spot the differences

51 minutes ago, nudge said:

Have you started smoking?

What's your profession?

The best and the worst thing about Australia?

Most favourite book?

What car do you drive?

Not smoking just yet. I do still harbour a rebellious urge but with a 6 month old in the house (that I hold for hours on end each day) it doesn't seem a good idea right now... 

I work as a mechanical engineer at a water utility, in the asset management division. Managing risks, optimising maintenance strategies and prioritising asset replacements. Effectively keeping the risk profile at a consistent level whilst keeping the lifecycle costs of the assets as low as possible.

Best thing about Australia is the season of summer, and the lead in stretch from October to Christmas... The weather, the vibe, the Christmas lights going up, the smell of fresh cut grass in the air, daylight to 9pm every night, and the beaches come alive up and down the coasts all over the country. Worst thing about Australia I'd say is that we are so isolated geographically. It's limiting for a history buff to travel and disadvantages us economically - not to mention the time difference to Europe sucks for all those who enjoy watching European football...

My favourite book would easily be the Harry Potter series, and in particular the order of the Phoenix. I'd like to pick something more profound but that series gave me some of the most blissful and whimsical moments... the idea of cleaning up the Sirius Black family house in Grimauld place at the start of that book with all the odd things they need to clean, and a comically dodgy house elf running about was my meditative happy place I'd transport myself to at bedtime before going to sleep. Reading that chapter made me feel like a kid again. 😀

I drive a Toyota Aurion almost exactly like the below. 

ex85ez4wz5x7ixwl5p2t3sqq9.jpg

47 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

What is one statistic about your life that you would want to see?

The number of woman I've interacted with that found me to be a bit of alright.

(I'm totally oblivious to this type of thing so my assumption is zero, but it would be fascinating if that were not the case).

I'd also really love a running trend of average underutilized time per day which I could use to aim to drive it down over time so I could get more out of life.

• Administrator

@Stick With Azeem thinks asking what favourite book is boring but then asks 'favorite or favourite'. Why is that?

What's your most embarrassing moment you've experienced in your life? 

Have you ever been in a physical fight? 

If you could rid the world of only one disease forever what would it be? 

Would you rather lose your left leg or your right hand? 

• Subscriber
  • What do you wish you had more time to do?
  • What's the best thing you've eaten this past year? No, I do not need a MUFC styled answer.
  • Besides football, what other sport would you say you follow the most if there is one at all?

21 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Because I am my own person. Australia is a pretty diverse place. Why are so others so different from me?

When you delete a software where do all the zeros and ones go ?

They cease to exist. The same as when you delete text in a word document.

You received phone calls from these three Spike, nudge and SirBalon whose would you pick up, reply with a text and whose you wouldn't answer at all and why.

Wow. Three great posters. I'd take the call from nudge. There's just something incredibly respectful about nudge that would always lead me to return that, including picking up the phone when it rings. Balon definitely would be better to take a message. The 140 character limit imposed will save me some time reading before he gets to the point. 😉Spike I'd ignore but only because I don't think he'd take it personally. I'd call him back eventually.

Do you think questions like what's your favorite book etc are plain boring ?

Favourite book is a little dull but it can prompt an interesting story of why it's your favourite.

Favorite Airline ?

Favourite airline is Qantas. Never crashed.😉

Is it favorite or favourite ?

Assuming we're speaking English then it's favourite.

8-ball or Snooker ?

8 ball beats snooker.

HP or Dell ?

Dell. Better for business.

China or Japan ?

My wife is part Chinese. So... Japan. 🤣

Andes or Alps ?

Which Alps? I'll go Andes because they look great and I want to go one day.

4625904072_7e88cf95d1_z.jpg

Spot the differences

I count 9.... 3 colours changed. 2 things mirrored. 3 things missing from image 2. 1 object substituted.

22 hours ago, José said:

Blonde or brunette?

Favorite snack?

What age you lost your virginity? Was it worth it?

If you could go back in time, what year would it be and why?

Brunette. 

Favourite snack... Arnott's Bbq shapes.

I lost my virginity at 20 to a gorgeous just turned 18 year old Eurasian hottie that I'd been dating for 3 months, who was herself a virgin.... I ended up marrying her so I guess it was worth it? 

If I could go back in time I'd probably go for the late 1800's. I've always wanted to be an engineer who worked on steam engines. I find them an incredible feat of engineering. so I'd go back and ride that wave through to the industrial revolution

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Because I am my own person. Australia is a pretty diverse place. Why are so others so different from me?

You are not a cunt 

21 hours ago, Stan said:

@Stick With Azeem thinks asking what favourite book is boring but then asks 'favorite or favourite'. Why is that?

What's your most embarrassing moment you've experienced in your life? 

Have you ever been in a physical fight? 

If you could rid the world of only one disease forever what would it be? 

Would you rather lose your left leg or your right hand? 

Most embarrassing would be getting busted shagging in a car by the police. 

Not I haven't been in a serious physical fight from high school age onwards.

I'd rid the world of autism.... Or maybe mental health issues.... Or greed. 

Take the foot. It does less and a prosthetic leg will do a better job of getting you close to full functionality.

20 hours ago, Mel81x said:
  • What do you wish you had more time to do?
  • What's the best thing you've eaten this past year? No, I do not need a MUFC styled answer.
  • Besides football, what other sport would you say you follow the most if there is one at all?

I wish I had more time to Spend with my children. In particular organising playdates, taking them to swimming lessons and junior football... More time instilling then with the value of getting up and out there in the world... I don't want millennial couch potatoes that are interested only in screens. That's a pretty big worry.

Best thing I've eaten. Home made spaghetti and meatballs in Napoli sauce with shaved parmesan, made by Italian mother in law.

Sports I follow would be NBA but it's too hard to keep track from afar with the amount of games they play. Sports I play would be golf

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Balon definitely would be better to take a message. The 140 character limit imposed will save me some time reading before he gets to the point.

LMAO.... that's almost exactly what I was thinking when he posted the question.... I would defo ignore a call from @SirBalon because I only have about 10GB of data to use per month and if he talks as much as he types then I wouldn't want to use it all up in just one phone call... 

On 17/06/2019 at 23:18, CaaC (John) said:

I would imagine so.

My question, do you follow Australian Rules Football, if so, what team do you support?

I half heartedly follow Richmond. In honesty its more that I pretend to follow them for the sake of hoping my kids will be infected with some interest and grow to care for it more than I ever did.

It's kind of painful only being able to get truly hard for a club on the total opposite side of the world. I'd sooner my kids be more diversified.

1. What do you always wish you had been better at doing??? 

2. Do you think you could cope with life without the use of a phone or Internet??? 

3. If you could meet a celebrity of your choice who would it be??? 

4. If you could make one single law that had to be obeyed the world over what would it be??? 

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Harry said:

I half heartedly follow Richmond.

A half-hearted Tigers man lol, they won the flag 2 years ago, I miss the old Aussie Rules and when I was out there I went to all the Carlton (Blues) matches every season, mind you that was back in the '60s/'70s and there were 12 teams all based in Victoria and the longest journey was Geelong up the coast in Victoria, now a lot of the Victorian teams have moved interstate like Sth. Melbourne (Sydney Swans), Footscray (Brisbane Bulldogs), Fitzroy (Brisbane Lions) and even Hawthorn are based in Tassie now.   

6 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

A half-hearted Tigers man lol, they won the flag 2 years ago, I miss the old Aussie Rules and when I was out there I went to all the Carlton (Blues) matches every season, mind you that was back in the '60s/'70s and there were 12 teams all based in Victoria and the longest journey was Geelong up the coast in Victoria, now a lot of the Victorian teams have moved interstate like Sth. Melbourne (Sydney Swans), Footscray (Brisbane Bulldogs), Fitzroy (Brisbane Lions) and even Hawthorn are based in Tassie now.   

Footscray didn't move but they changed their named to the western Bulldogs in an effort to broaden their appeal to the region West of Melbourne.

Hawthorn are still based on Glenferrie road in Hawthorn but they do have an agreement to play 3 games or so per year in Tasmania.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Harry said:

Footscray didn't move but they changed their named to the western Bulldogs in an effort to broaden their appeal to the region West of Melbourne.

Hawthorn are still based on Glenferrie road in Hawthorn but they do have an agreement to play 3 games or so per year in Tasmania.

Now I know, went to Glenferrie road in 1968 to see if the great Peter Hudson could kick the first 100 goals for years and he did scoring 4, those were the days and seeing Teddy Whitton playing for the Bulldogs, I hated that ground as it was near an abattoir and you could smell all the dead animals, might have changed nowadays though. 

3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Now I know, went to Glenferrie road in 1968 to see if the great Peter Hudson could kick the first 100 goals for years and he did scoring 4, those were the days and seeing Teddy Whitton playing for the Bulldogs, I hated that ground as it was near an abattoir and you could smell all the dead animals, might have changed nowadays though. 

So much has changed since then mate. 

Places 30 minutes further out from central Melbourne than there are fully urbanised with multi storey apartments... Most agricultural and industrial businesses have been pushed much further out from the city.

Also now all the clubs home stadiums have become training grounds only... All games in Melbourne are played at the MCG or a fancy newer smaller stadium near the docks.

• The topic was locked

Archived