talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar - FC Barcelona Refuse PSG's Valuation

Barça are absolutely bonkers if they spend the suggested €300m to bring back Neymar. It will 100% mean the end for Josep Maria Bartomeu and that board, every single one of them and this isn’t a personal opinion or voice of anger in this. There is no way the club should spend that amount of money on one player and much less on Neymar Jr with everything about him aside from what he did to leave.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Their bizarre new galacticos policy is embarrassing enough but crawling back to Neymar after everything we've seen over the last few years would just be the nail in the coffin for Barca.

In fairness it should be the nail in the coffin of the board and its president because to criticise a club that is owned by its members and where a governing tenure dictates an ethos is unfair to actually say this about a club. But I agree that right now and with this shit that the club have it merits nothing but disdain.

On a further updated news note on this transfer saga... FC Barcelona have apparently offered PSG €113m + Coutinho which will probably be refused by the French club.

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Really hope that he leaves PSG - and going to Barca would be laughable. 

WIth Neymar, PSG become more likable and I'm beyond sick of Neymar. 

I have absolutely no idea how Paris Saint-Germain could be a more likeable club with Neymar’s departure mate. The club isn’t disliked solely because of that twat. It’s their ownership and everything it represents.

53 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I have absolutely no idea how Paris Saint-Germain could be a more likeable club with Neymar’s departure mate. The club isn’t disliked solely because of that twat. It’s their ownership and everything it represents.

I think he probably means "without" Neymar. 

• Subscriber

1551306697_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.4fe10e079b103e5d5c26271bd869d578.png

Neymar & Paris St-Germain: What next for the world's most expensive footballer?

It was supposed to be the move that saw Neymar step out of Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi's shadow.

However, the Brazil forward has hit the football headlines for both the right and wrong reasons since swapping the Spanish giants for Paris St-Germain.

He's scored 34 goals in 37 league appearances to help them to consecutive Ligue 1 titles.

But he's also been banned for three games for lashing out at a fan after PSG's shock French Cup final defeat reportedly been involved in a dressing-room incident with his team-mates and will miss his next three European matches for insulting officials.

And he's been stripped of the Brazil captaincy just before their home Copa America.

Not even two years on from his world record 222m euros (£200m) transfer, Neymar's spell at Parc des Princes could be nearing an end.

"I do not want to play more in PSG. I want to go back to my house, where I should never have left," he allegedly told PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi in a text message, as reported by Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo.

So what happens now? Does he return to Barcelona? Or perhaps a move to the Premier League?

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, journalists Tim Vickery, Miguel Delaney and Ben Haines discuss what happens next in the story of Neymar Jr.

More

neymar-saluda-dani-alves-concentracion-b

SPORT: Neymar Accepts Barça's Terms & Conditions To Return

According to Barcelona based sport's daily, SPORT, the wish Neymar has to return to FC Barcelona is so high that he's accepted the terms and conditions set by FC Barcelona which apprently means first and foremost a public appology for the way in which he departed from the club over two years ago, for his father to drop any plans to place that law suit on the €24m commission unpaid for his contract (which currently sits in full in the LFP bank account in Madrid) renewal a month before he negotiated behind the club's back with Paris Saint-Germain, and also that he will sign a 5 year contract on the same wages he had before he departed and which is almost half of what he's been earning at PSG.

Neymar is currently in Brazil following his country's fortunes in the ongoing Copa América and has apparently planned a lightning trip to Barcelona in the coming days if sources are to be believed coming from Brazil. Side news is that there are rumours Dani Alves has also requested a return to the club with the acceptance he would be a bit part player and earning less than he did when he left. According to sources from inside Barça, the club have in principal refused the offer but would like to have him come on board at the club in some capacity but not as an active footballer. It remains to be seen what Dani Alves wants to do with what remains of his career now that he's announced his departure from PSG.

Finally, according to all sources in the Spanish football media, Neymar's hypothetical return wouldn't change any decision made by Barça in the acquisition of Antoine Griezmann (currently an Atlético Madrid player until the 1st of June where his buy-out clause reduces from €360m to €120m as stipulated on his Atleti renewal a year ago) as the plan is to have as many goal scoring options as is possible with top end players. The analysis is that the team failed in the scoring department at the final moments last season after producing a magnificent campaign on all fronts with another La Liga title, Semi-final of the Champions League and Copa del Rey Final which was lost against Valencia CF.

Spanish sports dailies have been playing with hypothetical possible line-ups up front with the three front men, Luis Suárez, Neymar, Antoine Griezmann and Lionel Messi (both Messi and Griezmann with their natural game of dropping into midfield).

1561410160344.jpg

1561410160318.jpg

1561410220133.jpg

The third alternative (each and every one can be used depending on individual games) is my favourite although it does pose a midfield issue if you're also going to fit in Busquets, de Jong and Arthur.

Anyway... This is the latest in the Neymar saga and a couple of other issues revolving Barça's summer redevelopment of the squad.

It is not just a rumour, he is coming and nobody can stop him. This club is the best in the world and we'll win the treble next year with Neymar, Grizi and Leo at the front of the line.

Check my website out to get assignment help from experts. If you miss out on your assignments while watching matches, just visit us and we'll take care of your assignments without any fuss.

I am an academic consultant and have been delivering quality assignments to students for over 7 years now. And I absolutely love Leo and Barcelona. We're the best!!!

• Subscriber

How does one put a clause in a contract that states "Don't be a twat". Anyways, the other interesting call in here is Dani Alves.  I never saw that one coming and for the life of me I can't see how they'd even offer him anything at present but maybe something on the administrative side?

Staggered Barcelona would offer Neymar the same wages as before. His star has fallen greatly since that moment. He's worth less. Can't see the fans being happy with any big money deal for him either.

Also thinking of the age factor, with him and Griezmann both 27/28 years old the average age of the forward line will be almost 30. If they are spending such big money I'd have thought they'd like some more youth in that attack.

41 minutes ago, Harry said:

Staggered Barcelona would offer Neymar the same wages as before. His star has fallen greatly since that moment. He's worth less. Can't see the fans being happy with any big money deal for him either.

Also thinking of the age factor, with him and Griezmann both 27/28 years old the average age of the forward line will be almost 30. If they are spending such big money I'd have thought they'd like some more youth in that attack.

There is no youth at that level though mate. And they are in their prime age wise which is a good thing. 

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There is no youth at that level though mate. And they are in their prime age wise which is a good thing. 

To spend something like 300 million I'd imagine you'd be wanting to see the attack sorted for 5 years at least. All four of these players will require replacement by then.

36 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Welcome to TF365 @evanschris010 there are a few Barca fans in here who will keep you company, keep posting. :ay:

As if. It's another case study/marketing ploy. 

These "members" should be treated like bots and should be banned immediately. 

3 hours ago, evanschris010 said:

It is not just a rumour, he is coming and nobody can stop him. This club is the best in the world and we'll win the treble next year with Neymar, Grizi and Leo at the front of the line.

Check my website out to get assignment help from experts. If you miss out on your assignments while watching matches, just visit us and we'll take care of your assignments without any fuss.

I am an academic consultant and have been delivering quality assignments to students for over 7 years now. And I absolutely love Leo and Barcelona. We're the best!!!

Are you going to stick around so I can quote this back at you if Barca get knocked out of the CL again? Or do you just need us to get your homework done?

5 hours ago, evanschris010 said:

And I absolutely love Leo and Barcelona. We're the best!!!

No.

• Subscriber

Surely Barcelona are sacrificing what seemingly little self respect they have left in giving this overrated cretin the time of day after he fucked them off for oil money and some extra attention, let alone offering to pay him money to wear what their fans will have you believe is the most specialest football shirt in the whole wide world.

15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Surely Barcelona are sacrificing what seemingly little self respect they have left in giving this overrated cretin the time of day after he fucked them off for oil money and some extra attention, let alone offering to pay him money to wear what their fans will have you believe is the most specialest football shirt in the whole wide world.

Brilliant post, I actually LOL'd xD

Yeah I dont get the fuss about him me? Hes not even that good, hes just a little slag to put it bluntly. 

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I wouldn't say he was overrated as the lad is actually brilliant and from a footballing perspective, him leaving Barcelona was a massive blow. But you're right about the rest. It doesn't matter on how talented he is, buying him back would make the club look weak considering how he forced a move after being given everything.

He's also very injury prone now. That is the problem with Dembele, but if I was to take a chance on either player and hope they could stay injury free, it would be Dembele. Excellent young player who has it all to be one of the world's best and reach a similar level to what Neymar is, although being far less of a nobhead in the process. When he finally had a period where he avoided injuries, he was scoring important goals, dazzling the fans with his skill and playing with confidence. It's a shame that he is so injury prone, although hopefully this is something that he can overcome.

Honestly can't help but think this is bad for the Barcelona brand to be seen as taking PSGs leavings.

Also given the injury rate it's maybe not even a good signing at his old wages if any serious transfer fee is needed.

He is class but he burned some bridges pretty bad and became injury prone in a league that isn't known for its physicality.

• The title was changed to Neymar - FC Barcelona & PSG Reportedly Agree Fee
  • The topic was locked

Archived