talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar - FC Barcelona Refuse PSG's Valuation

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Should of really done all they could to keep him. Ridiculous money however. 

Neymar had signed an extension and financial improvement to his contract two months previous... What more can a club offer?

I don't know mate, maybe Barça went and committed the cardinal crime of not buying him a birthday cake like Man City did with Yaya Touré.

I'm not going to beat about the bush here because certain things are evident and he isn't the only one in a similar boat to this although he does behave and make decisions that would embarrass me from a 10 year old.

He's not intelligent at all. He's rather thick and you can see this but hey! The reasons he was apparently supposed to have moved for were a personal project which apprently was winning the Ballon d'Or... Does anyone really feel that a persin that says something like that to you should expect to be listened to and respected? Apparently Meesi told him in front of two other players that he wanted him to stay and that he himself would help him win that award in every way available to him. The club and the players themselves tried absolutely everything in their power and he did it anyway.

Honestly... I don't see what else the club or his colleagues which a part of the global club bubble he was living in at the time. He has gone onto have spats with countless peope at PSG and now he wants to leave again?

Well... I shall not swear and say what I feel.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Globo Esporte reporting that the negotiations for Neymar's return to Barcelona are very advanced. It would be Neymar for Umtiti, Dembélé, Rakitic + undisclosed fee. 

https://globoesporte.globo.com/google/amp/futebol/futebol-internacional/noticia/barcelona-encaminha-a-volta-de-neymar.ghtml

Jesus Christ! :dam:

I've withstood quite a bit in the last few years without saying this board is the total pits. But NOW I will say that they have no honour, no pride, no ethics and care very little about the crest and the history of the club.

I bet anything anyone likes that this is all down to three (I'm definite on the 3) and maybe even four players in the dressing room. They've played power games here.

I am disgusted if this goes ahead.

This will be an interesting Saga.

I could be proven wrong but I get the feeling we're seeing a bit of a correction in the market values of players and its left a few of the overpriced players struggling to find anyone willing to pay an asking price.

Neymar is one of the world's best players but has done his brand a lot of harm with the move to PSG and Butner a lot of goodwill at his old club. Requesting a move now looks like a very immature and irresponsible decision from a player in his position.

I can only see China being willing to stump up a fee that PSG would entertain, unless some sort of overpriced player exchange is done between clubs involving any of neymar, Coutinho, mbappe, Bale.

P.s I endorse and agree with those not wanting Neymar at Liverpool. The fluid attacking system we have I think is built on a system and should not flex to accommodate egos or players that aren't a natural fit. If Klopp wanted Neymar though I'd support it, but it would be unpleasant to have to defend him from his critics for his diving and other stereotypes and it would not be a great fit for LFC imo to have a punk like Neymar as a figurehead even if he is an incredible talent.

Thinking on it I don't think I'd ever like to see us sign players from PSG full stop.

It's like signing then back from China... They are players that chose the money over the football... That tells me enough about their character to know I don't really want them even if they are good.

17 hours ago, Harry said:

Thinking on it I don't think I'd ever like to see us sign players from PSG full stop.

It's like signing then back from China... They are players that chose the money over the football... That tells me enough about their character to know I don't really want them even if they are good.

I mean, I'd take Mbappe… but the rest of them can get fucked.

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean, I'd take Mbappe… but the rest of them can get fucked.

Me too... He apparently has a bit of a primadonna problem about him from what I read (nowhere near Neymar's levels though), but he can be forgiven completely for being at PSG unlike the foreigners at the Parisien club. He is French and he moved from another French club in the French league, Ligue1.

Nothing more to be said really.

Eiffel-Tower-lit-up-in-PSG-colours-63534

You couldn't write some of this stuff even if you were a really creative TeleNovela writer, but anyway, the news is there to be transmitted.

L'Équipe this morning have continued their daily Nasser Al-Khelaïfi versus Neymar war of words novela with a conversation both have had in the past few hours where Neymar supposedly said this to the Paris Saint-Germain onwer;

(let me add one things to put clarity on everything before I print the sentence Neymar told Al-Khelaïfi... Everyone always says that Nasser Al-Khelaïfi is the PSG owner, but that's not exactly factual. He is the employed figure-head of the club and the representative in face of the real owners which are the royal family of Qatar and their public representation toward the world, QSI. Paris Saint-Germain are infact owned by the State of Qatar)

Anyway, back to the point in hand...

Neymar responded with;

"I should never have moved to PSG! I want to go back to my home, the home I should never have left. I made a big mistake."

To which Nasser Al-Khelaïfi responded with;

"Nobody forced you to move and you searched us out knowing what we had to do to make it possible. You can leave but for that to happen there will be an XXXL transfer."

French daily sports paper, L'Équipe go onto say that both are threatening each other with bringing to light dodgy transfer dealings in the whole process that saw Neymar move from Barcelona to Paris just over two years ago... On Neymar's part he could envelope Paris Saint-Germain publicly in a disastrous and hugely destructive process which the football authorities themselves have been trying to keep quiet because of what it could mean for European football due to various clubs being involved in some shape or form... State funding is forbidden but more so from outside the country of which the club belongs and possibly including institutions that are known to have funded terrorist organisations. On Nasser Al-Khelaïfi's part he would offer proof of what's practically already known which is that Neymar and his father themselves went to Paris and PSG 6 hours after the player had signed his contract extension with FC Barcelona which also included a mega-deal financially plus the addition of €24m for his father alone... They both got on a plane that very evening and went to PSG to start all the machinery in motion to get a transfer that would rock the football world that very summer.

This could all get very tasty...

Neymar and his entourage want to cheapen the transfer back to Barça while PSG don't want to lose face in all of this considering the massive deal they made of the transfer publicly worldwide even putting the deal in lights on the Eiffel Tower itself. So unless one of them gives in, then all the dirty laundry could be exposed publicly where in reality both would lose hugely.

37 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Neymar: "I want to go home"

PSG/QSI: "Will that be in a box or in a bag?"

Hahaha... I'd keep out of visiting any embassies/consulates if I were Neymar...

(Jamal Khashoggi)

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hahaha... I'd keep out of visiting any embassies/consulates if I were Neymar...

(Jamal Khashoggi)

I honestly hope it doesn't come to that but you're not going against a club anymore you're going against a state and that has other implications considering the state in question is also part of another big issue surrounding football as well. 

All things aside I think Barcelona shouldn't even put their fingers in this anymore. Infact, none of the big clubs should either. For all the talent this man possesses its not worth the hassle of having to deal with this kind of insular behavior. There's talent and then there's this kind of behavior and the two are generally a recipe for getting fucked over no matter who vouches for you or wants you.

12 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I honestly hope it doesn't come to that but you're not going against a club anymore you're going against a state and that has other implications considering the state in question is also part of another big issue surrounding football as well. 

All things aside I think Barcelona shouldn't even put their fingers in this anymore. Infact, none of the big clubs should either. For all the talent this man possesses its not worth the hassle of having to deal with this kind of insular behavior. There's talent and then there's this kind of behavior and the two are generally a recipe for getting fucked over no matter who vouches for you or wants you.

It won't come to that ever because here we're talking about something that's very public although in saying that, taking out dirty laundry into the public domain with sensitive issues is something to be very wary about from both parties. Neymar should be careful and also PSG (QSI) because the whole point of owning clubs like Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City is so as to put a modern, advanced outlook on those regimes so as to look clean to the world. I mean, look at the whole thing surrounding the Qatar World Cup in every aspect!

As for Barça being advised not to touch Neymar again... There are plenty of voices saying this, voices they should take heed off but they won't do that. The dressing room itself has demanded the return of Neymar and there are three very influential voices in there that carry weight. The board is split heavily down the middle and if it were upto the club president, Neymar wouldn't return after the deception involved in Neymar's departure. But there are factors with even one of them being laughing in the face of PSG and QSI who Barça have been at war with for almost 7 years now... It would ge the ultimate slap in the face were he to return to Barcelona and I'm pretty sure PSG (the owners) wouldn't mind him leaving if it were to any other club.

Neymar is extremely talented, infact more talented than he's even ever shown, but that talent isn't worth what he brings along as baggage. The amount of shit the whole Neymar saga has carried with it even frok when he actually signed for Barcelona (the ex-president spent time in prison) to now shows us that this isn't some sensational over dramatised story.

Let me add this food for thought...

There are currently 6 different law suits active (of all types of variations) with the name Neymar and his family attached. The guy is bad news but this board at Barcelona are becoming more and more desperate the closer the elections get.

An interesting outcome to a poll run by the magazine that owns the Ballon d'Or Award, France Football.

The question for those a bit weak on their French asks;

Did PSG commit an error by signing Neymar?

img_xmunoz_20190619-165412_imagenes_md_t

14 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Let me add this food for thought...

There are currently 6 different law suits active (of all types of variations) with the name Neymar and his family attached. The guy is bad news but this board at Barcelona are becoming more and more desperate the closer the elections get.

In one of them, Neymar sues Barcelona, according to him he has the right to receive the bonus for renewing his contract in 2017, Barça argues that he left the club shortly after.

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

In one of them, Neymar sues Barcelona, according to him he has the right to receive the bonus for renewing his contract in 2017, Barça argues that he left the club shortly after.

Indeed, I've mentioned it a number of times on the €24m owed to his father which was included in the pack he renewed his contract with some weeks before starting negotiations with PSG. In the end the Neymar clan didn't sue and the money is in a total amount kept by the LFP in a bank account as Barcelona invited Neymar's dad to sue seeing as they negotiated behind the club's back which is a breach of contract. Barcelona were legally bound to place the money with the league authorities until the matter was resolved but as of yet no law suit has been brought and there are 7 months remaining before the time limit of three years passes. After that time limit no law suit can be ever brought against the club for the same issue.

So the latest on the Neymar 2019 Saga is that Florentino Pérez and Real Madrid have formally approached Paris Saint-Germain for the possibility of signing the want-away Brazilian. If Neymar is to leave, PSG would love it to be to any other club that isn't Barça for obvious reasons and if it could be to Real Madrid, then that would be a perverted dream come true...

The problem?

Real Madrid have the money, but due to FFP rules that they don't want to break, they have to make player + cash deals and there's the issue. The players Real Madrid are supposedly offering don't tempt PSG in the slightest with the two options being James Rodríguez or/and Gareth Bale. Infact Real Madrid are trying their utmost to find any formula to get rid of those two players and absolutely nobody has inquired about them in the slightest, not even on loan so as to release at least a decent proportion of their salaries into the permitted coffers.

Real Madrid have supposedly offerred; James + Bale + €130m and that has been turned down straight away.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, SirBalon said:

An interesting outcome to a poll run by the magazine that owns the Ballon d'Or Award, France Football.

The question for those a bit weak on their French asks;

Did PSG commit an error by signing Neymar?

img_xmunoz_20190619-165412_imagenes_md_t

My French is quite weak.

What's non and oui?

• Subscriber

I wonder if PSG are dumb enough to take them or they ask for someone better with the money. Its not like Bale or James aren't good but if you've got people like Assensio or someone else to pick from why bother with cannon-fodder.

In my opinion, Real is leaking information to the press about a possible Neymar transfer to drive the price up for Barcelona. I don't believe they really want Neymar. 

It will be a long saga because it's a complex and expensive operation, but right now Barcelona is the only way out from Paris for Neymar.

• The title was changed to Neymar - FC Barcelona & PSG Reportedly Agree Fee
  • The topic was locked

Archived