talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar - FC Barcelona Refuse PSG's Valuation

img_jsegura_20180227-165858_imagenes_md_

After the all the spectacular fuss made by Paris Saint-Germain and the Neymar entourage over two years ago when he ended up moving from the city of Barcelona to the capital of France, Paris. The war of words, the deepening battles already had between Barça and PSG we now have a public war of words between the owner of the Parisian club (Nasser Al-Khelaïfi) and Neymar.

Neymar started it off once the season had ended by making public his wish to leave and getting his agent to transmit this to his club. Nasser Al-Khelaïfi’s “honour” and pride seems to have been hurt where he’s gone public too over the past two days by fist saying that “It’s the end of players acting like stars at this club” in reference to both Neymar and Mbappé (Kylian has also gone public with his discontent) and today he went further by saying about Neymar; “Nobody forced Neymar to sign for PSG”

Various French newspapers including L’Équipe have stated categorically that Neymar is up for sale and if the price is right he can leave. Infact they prefer he leaves as the club are tired of the in-house battles he’s been involved since his arrival including the past 3 to 4 months with himself and Mbappé.

In Spain they’re saying his agent is working hard to get him back into La Liga (Spain) and this could only really mean one of two clubs. Florentino Pérez is thought to have cooled on him these days because he sees the player as damaged goods in marketing terms and he values this above all else. The other option is obviously his ex-club where he still has close friends from the playing staff but a very split boardroom on any option of a return and the general consensus of the members (the fans... those who really matter to the president who will soon be up for re-Election) against it somewhere in the region of 90+%. 

So who will go in there?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Both Neymar and Barsa made mistakes in parting ways. 

Which mistake did Barça make?

Not saying they didn’t, just that I’m unaware of any mistake they made in that saga.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Which mistake did Barça make?

Not saying they didn’t, just that I’m unaware of any mistake they made in that saga.

Should of really done all they could to keep him. Ridiculous money however. 

• Subscriber

The only real loser here is PSG. Neymar walks away with a load of money and because his agent happens to be his father its just as good as paying him the money anyways. I read somewhere that its being called an "XXL" transfer and that's pretty much what its going to be to have any kind of recovery possibility for PSG with the other possible loss being Mbappe who wants out. I think the young Frenchman is a bigger target for clubs than the Brazilian in this case because he's going to be far more affordable and has a better overall attitude.

1 minute ago, José said:

I'm sure that Barcelona would take him back on a heartbeat.. he would carry the team forward when both Messi and Suarez were slacking. He didnt get the love and respect from Barcelona that he deserves, fuck them. 

A player like Neymar(or even Dembele fully fit and injury free) is certainly lacking right now. There has been far too much of an over-reliance on Messi this season(well, for a few years now) and in those games where he doesn't have his day, a player like Neymar(or again, Dembele fully fit, preferably the latter for me) is needed for these situations. Even to make the most of Messi's passes, as when he's not scoring goals, he's usually creating chances, although someone to make more of these passes is lacking.

Even coming back to the game vs Liverpool at home. That should really have been 5-0 at the end when Dembele missed 2 straight forward chances, although had he been fully fit, you would have fancied him to score them. That, when you look back now, could have been the difference in the tie. 5-0 certainly wouldn't have told the story of course, as Liverpool weren't deserving of 5-0 on the night, but with a more clinical player in those positions at the end it could have been 5.

Suarez still scores goals, some of which have been important this season, although his great performances are few and far between nowadays and he can be a very frustrating player to watch. Age and niggling injuries that he has been carrying are starting to catch up with him.

• Subscriber

Surely it's either him or Griezmann for Barca? I can't imagine them signing both. Suarez needs replacing now anyway if Barca want to improve... use him as a squad player for a year then he will probably leave for the MLS/China.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Surely it's either him or Griezmann for Barca? I can't imagine them signing both. Suarez needs replacing now anyway if Barca want to improve... use him as a squad player for a year then he will probably leave for the MLS/China.

I thought Griezmann was heading Barca anyway. Atletico's CEO said so anyway xD 

Can't see Neymar going back to Barca. Reckon he ends up at Real but then again, they've already spunked £300m approx...

• The title was changed to Neymar - Transfer Listed by PSG
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I thought Griezmann was heading Barca anyway. Atletico's CEO said so anyway xD 

Can't see Neymar going back to Barca. Reckon he ends up at Real but then again, they've already spunked £300m approx...

Don't really think Real need him now with what they've spent. Front 3 of Jovic, Hazard and Vinicius/Asensio?

7 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Don't really think Real need him now with what they've spent. Front 3 of Jovic, Hazard and Vinicius/Asensio?

None of them are at Neymar's level, so I'm sure they'd want him if they can afford him. Big if though

If not them, there aren't many who can afford him. Man United, Man City, Barcelona. That's probably it. I don't think he'll go back to Barcelona, and I can see Man City straight up not wanting him. Not saying it's nailed on, but Man United look a decent bet at 25/1

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hes shite anyway, wouldn't want him or his leaches anywhere near my club. 

He's better than any of Liverpool's players, comfortably. As El Professor said though, his attitude is shocking and that lets him down quite a lot.

3 minutes ago, José said:

Neymar to man Utd would be a dream come true :x make it happen Woodward, yeah right 9_9

Its a dream made for each other. Both focused on brands more than actually playing football. Neymar would be doing whatever he wants, while Manchester would be selling shirts to their glory hunters.

With Real Madrid spending big on Hazard, I can't see them making a move for Neymar anytime soon unless it's some sort of swap deal involving Bale. After that there's Barcelona or Man Utd. I think Man Utd have maybe learnt that they're not in a position to go after diva types, however talented they are. A return to Barcelona could be a possibility, both Messi & Luis Suarez are in their 30s now and they don't seem to be too fond of Coutinho, who could be used as part of a swap deal, so I see them as the likeliest out of the 3 teams.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, José said:

Just pure talent alone, I agree with Libby, he is comfortably better than any of Liverpool's front three. 

On behalf of all staff...

giphy.gif

Our work here is done.

There is no further reason to keep this site going.

11 minutes ago, José said:

Just pure talent alone, I agree with Libby, he is comfortably better than any of Liverpool's front three. 

Hes fucking shite. He rolls round like an injured snowflake whenever he is touched. Give me Mane, Salah and Firmino any day over that prima Donna cunt. 

29 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

He's better than any of Liverpool's players, comfortably. As El Professor said though, his attitude is shocking and that lets him down quite a lot.

He is quality no doubt, but I (and I doubt any of the other LFC fans in here) would want him to replace any of our front three. Mane, Bobby and Salah work just fine. He is too expensive as an alternative/sub. 

@topic.

PSG won't get a good return from his sale. Them getting fucked would be brilliant. 

Neymar, most likely, won't be sold this season. Him rotting at PSG for one more year would be brilliant.

Either of these two scenarios are fine by me. They both deserve to be fucked in the arse for ruining the transfer market. 

• The title was changed to Neymar - FC Barcelona & PSG Reportedly Agree Fee
  • The topic was locked

Archived