talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar - FC Barcelona Refuse PSG's Valuation

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I had to edit my post above because on Semedo don't want Barça to lose him.

I don´t think Semedo will be in that deal. 

About Dembélé, I think he´s very talented, but I don´t think we´ll ever see the best of him at Barcelona. 

Actually, the move to PSG may do well for him. In his home country, in a more welcoming dressing room and under a coach who got the best out him, perhaps he can return to his best form. 

Also, with the Euro next summer, forming a strong partnership with Mbappé could be very important and perhaps could convince Deschamps to make him a starter. 

In the end of the day, 2 years later, the real winners from Neymar´s transfer were Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

About Dembélé, I think he´s very talented, but I don´t think we´ll ever see the best of him at Barcelona.

Maybe not, but there were signs last season and in pre-season that he was finally integrating but his habits outside in his personal life remained the same with childish issues like playing sick so as to not go to training or eating what he wants amongst many others.

But we were seeing incredible details of his talent like in a couple of Champions League games last season. All the same... His latest stunt that saw him injured for two to three months was the last straw.

9 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

In the end of the day, 2 years later, the real winners from Neymar´s transfer were Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool.

Especially Liverpool... Not just the financial gain they made from the Coutinho departure, but the most important thing was that Klopp had to then completely scrap what was being done and built what we have today in terms of the football being played... Plus using the cash to bring in the players to implement his vision.

Breaking: News coming in from France that a representative of Real Madrid landed in Paris 30 minutes ago and is searching for a late meeting with PSG officials including Leonardo Araujo. What will come of this is not known although stories say that PSG were willing to entertain a deal if Vinicius Junior was included which Real Madrid originally refused to do. But this morning there were reports that many players in the Real dressing room were demanding Florentino Pérez make a serious effort to sign Neymar.

Aside from that the news coming in from Barcelona's side of things as @El Profesor stated, apparently the technical team in meetings all day with PSG including their acting owner Naseer Al Khelaïfi and Leonardo say that a deal is very close but it hasn't been closed yet.

Practically every Barcelona based sports editor (the important ones with influence) are hitting FC Barcelona (the president and the board) hard in this morning's opinion columns. One has even headlined his coulmn with PSG WANT DEMBÉLÉ AND THE SAGRADA FAMILIA. They're criticising the president, Josep Maria Bartomeu for lacking control in this situation that has arisen by citing statements made by himself and the board since it all came to light with the main quote being "We will only sign Neymar if we don't have to pay a cent and can do a deal with players for exchange."

There is much much more from three major journalists which I won't translate as I haven't got the time this morning but more or less with what I've just provided you can sense where and how the shots are being fired. They ultimately state that Barcelona do not need any more front men no matter how good Neymar is and that even if Dembélé has been a very difficult character to mould into a man, that the talent is evident and has been witnessed to see that he cannot be used as an exchange coin.

Come what may, it seems the Barcelona president has created his own crisis when not necessary as Neymar was and is PSG's problem and not Barcelona's. Bartomeu will now have major issues if he does sign Neymar in the manner being rumoured and major problems from certain members of the dressing room if he doesn't due to lacking leadership.

• Subscriber

Bartomeu should only ask himself one question "Will Neymar ever do what he did to us and PSG ever again?". Anything other than a firm No in his mind should mean deal is off. Really simple stuff.

I also am curious what the fans living in Barcelona think of this? Will they welcome him with open arms or will there be utter silence till he proves himself?

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Bartomeu should only ask himself one question "Will Neymar ever do what he did to us and PSG ever again?". Anything other than a firm No in his mind should mean deal is off. Really simple stuff.

I also am curious what the fans living in Barcelona think of this? Will they welcome him with open arms or will there be utter silence till he proves himself?

Your last question mate... They've done various polls using iPS control and with member numbers and they've always come in the high 90% range against the Neymar return. They haven't forgiven him for what he did to Barcelpna and even though there isn't much love for PSG in Barcelona, they feel he's done exactly the same to them.

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I think it's actually quite a high risk he would do it again. Because he's not a player I think that would be able to handle having 90% off the fans against him. He'd make multiple attempts to get them back onside but I don't see him turning a blind eye to it if he's not fully forgiven pretty quickly...

On 27/08/2019 at 08:40, LFCMadLad said:

I cant believe anyone would want him at their club. Hes an absolute liability. 

People on here keep telling me how good he is but I think his stats are extremely skewed due to the shocking League that he plays in. 

I wouldn't swap him for Adam Lallana and I'm not joking! Hes just not worth the trouble that he brings. 

Absolute knobhead. Salah, Mane and Firmino all absolute blind him in terms of professionalism, work rate and almost everything else. 

He wouldn't get near our first 11, especially because Klopp cant stand knobheads. 

“Stats are skewed due to the shocking league he plays in”

and I suppose his time at Barcelona was a purple patch no?

Hes better than anyone on your team. Accept it.

Despite what I said above, missing 51 in 2-3 years games for a 260M fee is shocking. He is a liability but he’d still walk into any XI on the planet and I think it’s silly to suggest otherwise.

Like I said, Suarez missed halves of seasons and yet he’s seen as a saint.

11 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

“Stats are skewed due to the shocking league he plays in”

and I suppose his time at Barcelona was a purple patch no?

Hes better than anyone on your team. Accept it.

He wouldn't walk into our team at all, mainly because Klopp wouldn't even entertain such a colossal bellend. 

I'm just looking forward to his career fizling out and him being forgotten about.

He will never ever be remembered as a great player in years to come, only as a colossal bellend. Accept it.

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He wouldn't walk into our team at all, mainly because Klopp wouldn't even entertain such a colossal bellend. 

I'm just looking forward to his career fizling out and him being forgotten about.

He will never ever be remembered as a great player in years to come, only as a colossal bellend. Accept it.

Your last point may be true, but he’s still far above anyone on your team. 

Unbelievable how you praise Suarez when he was a liability as well. Wasn’t as big a bellend but he’s missed several tournaments and several key games thanks his own on the field stupidity.

1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

Your last point may be true, but he’s still far above anyone on your team. 

Unbelievable how you praise Suarez when he was a liability as well. Wasn’t as big a bellend but he’s missed several tournaments and several key games thanks his own on the field stupidity.

Suarez could be a dick, I'll give you that. But you give me his teamwork, determination, work rate, desire to win at all costs and general all round play over that shithouse every single day.

And at a fraction of the price. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Suarez could be a dick, I'll give you that. But you give me his teamwork, determination, work rate, desire to win at all costs and general all round play over that shithouse every single day.

And at a fraction of the price. 

When Liverpool fans say that they’d rather not have Neymar in their team, I get it. He’s a bellend and isn’t the most professional player for his value. However, I think you’re mistaking that for his actual level. He’d be the best player in the premier league, let alone Liverpool. He’s a great player but yeah if he wants to be remembered he’ll need to show more desire to win.

2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

When Liverpool fans say that they’d rather not have Neymar in their team, I get it. He’s a bellend and isn’t the most professional player for his value. However, I think you’re mistaking that for his actual level. He’d be the best player in the premier league, let alone Liverpool. He’s a great player but yeah if he wants to be remembered he’ll need to show more desire to win.

In my opinion he is more trouble than hes worth. Hes a total individual and football is a team game, therefore he wouldn't improve anyone, only hinder them. 

If we replaced Firmino with Neymar for example, we would be a poorer team for it. 

If football was a solo game about who can be the biggest dick then yeah, Neymar would be right up there with the best.

27 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Neymar isn’t better than Kevin DeBruyne. Nor Salah for that matter. 

Maybe not now but Salah and De Bruyne at their best don't come close to what Neymar was at Barca.

13 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Maybe not now but Salah and De Bruyne at their best don't come close to what Neymar was at Barca.

KDB is the best chance creator on the planet after Messi, quickest player ever to reach 50 assists in the premier league, yet doesn’t come close to Neymar at Barca? 

Youve now essentially spewed bollocks. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What exactly was Neymar better at.... Step-overs?

Successful step overs is only a bonus, but he was very impactful during his time at Barca. 

I can't convince you with just my judgement, but he's got some convincing stats and was great in build up. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

KDB is the best chance creator on the planet after Messi, quickest player ever to reach 50 assists in the premier league, yet doesn’t come close to Neymar at Barca? 

Youve now essentially spewed bollocks. 

It's not bollocks because KDB is a completely different position so you can't really compare assists.

However, given I did say he was "better at his best" you can certainly make the argument about who you'd prefer on your team. If you ask me, I'd take Neymar of Barca on my team over those 2 any day, but would take Salah or De Bruyne over the Neymar of PSG.

• The title was changed to Neymar - FC Barcelona & PSG Reportedly Agree Fee
  • The topic was locked

Archived