talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar - FC Barcelona Refuse PSG's Valuation

32 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

And this is what its come to. One player forcing a move and one player forcing a stay. Barcelona should just stop this and let Real have a go now.

Such a hard life being Barcelona where all the players feel trapped and persecuted unless they play for you...

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole saga from the perspective of analysing FC Barcelona's actions (their board) has been one of the oddest moments in my lifetime. None of it makes sense in reality and looks like a rogue attempt to press the self-destruct button. Barça don't even need him, it's not an area of the pitch that has any complications other than the unfortunate which is the mass injuries they've suffered there at the start of the season... But what do you do? Sign an elite player everytime another is injured? What's the point in appointing a coach!

The consequences of these actions if they're fulfilled will put the club in crisis further on down the line as an institution... This post stays here so as to recall in the future.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This whole saga from the perspective of analysing FC Barcelona's actions (their board) has been one of the oddest moments in my lifetime. None of it makes sense in reality and looks like a rogue attempt to press the self-destruct button. Barça don't even need him, it's not an area of the pitch that has any complications other than the unfortunate which is the mass injuries they've suffered there at the start of the season... But what do you do? Sign an elite player everytime another is injured? What's the point in appointing a coach!

The consequences of these actions if they're fulfilled will put the club in crisis further on down the line as an institution... This post stays here so as recall in the future.

That's the confusing thing in all this... Barcelona dont even need him!

They could improve everywhere else on the pitch with the money they want to throw at Neymar. Makes no sense to me. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's the confusing thing in all this... Barcelona dont even need him!

They could improve everywhere else on the pitch with the money they want to throw at Neymar. Makes no sense to me. 

Indeed!

And the thing is that they didn't even have to sign anyone else anywhere on the pitch. The fact is that the squad should've been announced as closed after the signing of Griezmann weeks back.

The moment now was to get the season underway and the only question hanging on an analytical scope was for Ernesto Valverde, the head coach. If he cannot provide what this board are so obviously searching for since a couple of years back (the Champions League crown), then THAT is the area to do work on for a future appointment, not players.

If stupid money was to have been thrown at a player, then that player was Mathijs de Ligt although, again, not really required as there is an overbooking in that area too.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed!

And the thing is that they didn't even have to sign anyone else anywhere on the pitch. The fact is that the squad should've been announced as closed after the signing of Griezmann weeks back.

The moment now was to get the season underway and the only question hanging on an analytical scope was for Ernesto Valverde, the head coach. If he cannot provide what this board are so obviously searching for since a couple of years back (the Champions League crown), then THAT is the area to do work on for a future appointment, not players.

If stupid money was to have been thrown at a player, then that player was Mathijs de Ligt although, again, not really required as there is an overbooking in that area too.

I think I said it in a post some pages back. Something is not right with how hes been escaping the guillotine. Then again we have to look no further than the Premier League and Guardiola to find similarities in the two clubs and their ambitions. Even they cant get their hands on a CL trophy and yet he remains.

18 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think I said it in a post some pages back. Something is not right with how hes been escaping the guillotine. Then again we have to look no further than the Premier League and Guardiola to find similarities in the two clubs and their ambitions. Even they cant get their hands on a CL trophy and yet he remains.

The difference between Guardiola and Valverde is that Pep's domestic acquisitions until now have been appreciated in the manner they should because it's unprecedented and actually unique. Guardiola also has a trademark game which is visible but as we all know, the owners are only searching for thr European Crown even though football fans understand the real value of the dominance.

Ernesto Valverde has dominated Spanish football but in Spain the Champions League (European Cup) has such a skewed incomprehensible value, that the pressure on the coach is almost unliveable... Ask Guardiola himself or we can read his interviews on his time at Barça as coach since he departed, there are many.

Another thing is Valverde's style of football which is very conservative for how Barça is historically perceived. He has many detractors in that sense.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The difference between Guardiola and Valverde is that Pep's domestic acquisitions until now have been appreciated in the manner they should because it's unprecedented and actually unique. Guardiola also has a trademark game which is visible but as we all know, the owners are only searching for thr European Crown even though football fans understand the real value of the dominance.

Ernesto Valverde has dominated Spanish football but in Spain the Champions League (European Cup) has such a skewed incomprehensible value, that the pressure on the coach is almost unliveable... Ask Guardiola himself or we can read his interviews on his time at Barça as coach since he departed, there are many.

Another thing is Valverde's style of football which is very conservative for how Barça is historically perceived. He has many detractors in that sense.

I was talking more on the lines of the owners wanting CL success eventhough they have one of the best coaches and yet they cannot achieve it due to an innate flaw in the coaching approach to matches which has happened more than once now. With Valverde on the other hands its a philosophy problem that the club doesn't want which is far worse considering the history built around that philosophy and the success attained as a result.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

The consequences of these actions if they're fulfilled will put the club in crisis further on down the line as an institution... This post stays here so as to recall in the future.

It actually makes me sad to see it happen mate. Barcelona no longer a club that could bring through as youngster such is the pressure to maintain football perfection.

Indeed!

Future Captain though if you'd signed him. I think you lacked that Captain grit and he'd have made a bigger difference to your ability to get the job done than a pretty flower like Neymar.

23 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't think that's true. City seem to be determined to win in a specific style and way. They are not like Chelsea's win at all costs side that arose under Roman.

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

It actually makes me sad to see it happen mate. Barcelona no longer a club that could bring through as youngster such is the pressure to maintain football perfection.

Future Captain though if you'd signed him. I think you lacked that Captain grit and he'd have made a bigger difference to your ability to get the job done than a pretty flower like Neymar.

I don't think that's true. City seem to be determined to win in a specific style and way. They are not like Chelsea's win at all costs side that arose under Roman.

Trust me mate, the owners aren't searching to win in any particular style... The owners of Man City are looking to win that crown at all costs and they believe Guardiola and the setup is the way to do it.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I was talking more on the lines of the owners wanting CL success eventhough they have one of the best coaches and yet they cannot achieve it due to an innate flaw in the coaching approach to matches which has happened more than once now. With Valverde on the other hands its a philosophy problem that the club doesn't want which is far worse considering the history built around that philosophy and the success attained as a result.

There wasnt a flaw in the coaching last year in the CL, we just battered them, same as we battered Peps City the year before :D

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

There wasnt a flaw in the coaching last year in the CL, we just battered them, same as we battered Peps City the year before :D

Liverpool lost 3-0 at the Camp Nou and won by 1 more goal at Anfield which means you won by 1 goal. Battered mate? Are you referring what covers fish at a fish and chip shop? :ph34r:

Liverpool lost 3-0 at the Camp Nou and won by 1 more goal at Anfield which means you won by 1 goal. Battered mate? Are you referring what covers fish at a fish and chip shop? :ph34r:

We knocked seven bells of shite out of you lot without two of our 3 main attackers. Got your arse slapped and that's it. Was shameful. 

13 minutes ago, Rick said:

We knocked seven bells of shite out of you lot without two of our 3 main attackers. Got your arse slapped and that's it. Was shameful. 

You lost 3-0 in one game (that means the other team won 3-0) and you won 4-0 in the second game. Maths isn’t my strong point, BUT I think that made 4-3 or am I wrong?

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You lost 3-0 in one game (that means the other team won 3-0) and you won 4-0 in the second game. Maths isn’t my strong point, BUT I think that made 4-3 or am I wrong?

You watched both games yeah. Yes, the first game ended 3-0 but the performance from Barcelona was not a dominant one, we were all quite furious that we had given up three goals despite the game being fairly even. The second leg was completely different, Barcelona game to a field already beaten and put up barely any fight at all. 

25 minutes ago, Rick said:

You watched both games yeah. Yes, the first game ended 3-0 but the performance from Barcelona was not a dominant one, we were all quite furious that we had given up three goals despite the game being fairly even. The second leg was completely different, Barcelona game to a field already beaten and put up barely any fight at all. 

The facts are facts mate and what I thought about the game is all there written at the time. It was 3-0 and it should’ve been 4 or 5 as Liverpool collapsed in the final 20 minutes. Those are the facts and then Liverpool tore Barcelona a new arsehole in the second leg and won the tie with 1 goal. That’s it mate!

There was no battering because both battered each other over two legs with goals and Liverpool progressed with all justice.

I have no cares for what team or tie we’re talking about because I’ll always be honest and not create some belief based nonsense. But then again we live in times of beliefs and emotions being stronger than facts.

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Barca lost 4-0, losing a bloody 3-0 lead, against a side with Origi and Shaqiri up top. 

To argue against that embarrassing display as not being a battering, is so so wrong. 

Whoever was missing is bye the bye as it isn't the first time that's occurred in top end football. Manchester United done a "remontada" in Paris with plenty of players missing last season just to remember something recent.

Like I said... What I thought about the games/tie is all written and can be quoted. Liverpool got battered in the first leg having played better and totally bottled it where had it not been for amateur finishing it would've been a crazy scoreline.

At the end of the day they aggregate scoreline was 4-3 to Liverpool and justifiably so.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.0cf65e0ea61a3f5124c19749693bdebb.png

Paris St-Germain want Tottenham's Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen, 27, as a replacement for Brazil forward Neymar, who is close to returning to Barcelona. (Le Parisien - in French)

Paris St-Germain boss Thomas Tuchel has phoned Barcelona attacker Ousmane Dembele, 22, to convince him to move to the French capital as part of the Neymar deal. (Le Parisien via Mirror)

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Harry said:

This signing is going to make Barcelona a fair bit less likeable to the neutrals

If they start to run teams into the ground and win trophies I'll bet the neutrals will start to love them faster than they hate them.

• The title was changed to Neymar - FC Barcelona & PSG Reportedly Agree Fee
  • The topic was locked

Archived