talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar - FC Barcelona Refuse PSG's Valuation

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

PSG listened to Barça´s offer for Neymar, but they will take that offer to Madrid to see if the Merengues can beat it. 

Looks like PSG will have success in creating a bidding war for Neymar in order to drive his price up. 

My feeling is that Neymar will end up at Real Madrid. Pre-season results are rarely important but I feel like that defeat to Atlético really changed Real Madrid´s power dynamics. Florentino was going to let Zidane dictate the transfer market, but that defeat probably changed the power structure. Now, Florentino feels like he has to intervene and he´s always wanted to bring Neymar to Real. 

I feel like Real Madrid can deal more easily with PSG, the relationship between the clubs is better, and also Real still have more funds and more players who would interest PSG. 

Doesn't Real have a accounts balancing act to also perform like pretty much every other club that has chased this idea? I figure if they want him to come over someone has to go the other way and from what I have read PSG want Isco which Real aren't willing to negotiate on.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Doesn't Real have a accounts balancing act to also perform like pretty much every other club that has chased this idea? I figure if they want him to come over someone has to go the other way and from what I have read PSG want Isco which Real aren't willing to negotiate on.

Indeed Real have balancing acts to perform via what they can spend and FFP. They are in exactly the same position as Barcelona only that as @El Profesor says, they probably have more players that interest PSG as neither Barça or Real can pay straight-up what the French club want for the want-away player. It's a double-barrelled relief scenario for both clubs in terms of off-loading players and especially their wages and also reducing the payment in cash to the selling club.

PSG do have a problem with Real though because negotiations broke down between them two nights ago due to the fact PSG want Isco and Isco doesn't want to play for them under any circumstances. Real are obviously offering either and both of James Rodríguez and or Gareth Bale... Problem arises there because James is kind of ok although they're not too happy with that and with Bale neither does he want to go there and neither do PSG particularly want hIm... France's golf courses aren't all that to be honest. What I'm ultimately hoping for is that Neymar stays at PSG because they obviously don't know how to get rid of a lost cause no matter how much the potential me be valued at and the best bit about Neymar staying would be to see him and his father suffer staying in purgatory, a position that means absolutely nothing for the brandname Neymar could/could've provided.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I just dont get why anyone would want that utter prick anywhere near their club?

Surely it would be the funniest thing if nobody gave him the slightest bit of attention and his career just fizzled out to nothing. 

Hes not even that good tbh.

I hate the bastard, but hes definitely an excellent player. Can absolutely see why clubs would want him. Brings world class talent and bucketloads from sponsoship and merchandise. Its a huge fee upfront, but both clubs will make much more back. But its more likely to be Real Madrid that he ends up at.

Ok, some latest authentic news just come in on why the negotiations have stalled today between Barça and PSG in Paris...

Barcelona offered both or either of Coutinho and Rakitić in the deal... PSG opted for the Rakitić deal and when communicated to the Croatian he point blank refused to play for the Parisien club even though PSG are willing to double his salary with which he earns at Barcelona.

The next bit is a runour...

According to a journalist close to Ivan Rakitić he told Barcelona he would rather play for free at Levante than play for PSG and that he's worth more than going there for a currency exchange.

28 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

67 goals in 90 caps

12 goals in 38 games

One is neymar and the other one is Firmino. Not only stat wise, unless he is injured, Neymar has always been dependable during big matches unlike the overhyped Firmino. If neymar is not even that good, I wonder what that says about Firmino :rofl:

That obsession kicking in again pal! You'll end up in hospital. 

There isn't really any point debating with you mate because you know absolutely nothing about football. Just a massive fanboy. 

19 minutes ago, Rick said:

I hate the bastard, but hes definitely an excellent player. Can absolutely see why clubs would want him. 

Really? 

He has  been nothing but trouble at every club hes been at. He is a serial diver that gives absolutely no fucks about the game, only his personal image. Absolute tit.

Picking up on the Firmino point... If we sold him and signed Neymar I'd be absolutely livid. Firmino brings so much more than goals... Hard work, great professionalism, great movement, hes so unselfish and is a proper team player. All Neymar brings to the table is a great big massive ego. 

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Really? 

He has  been nothing but trouble at every club hes been at. He is a serial diver that gives absolutely no fucks about the game, only his personal image. Absolute tit.

Picking up on the Firmino point... If we sold him and signed Neymar I'd be absolutely livid. 

Neymar is extremely talented, nobody can dispute that mate. But everything around that which you say I agree with and I would rather have Firmino too because there's more stabIlity surrounding him as a player.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Neymar is extremely talented, nobody can dispute that mate. But everything around that which you say I agree with and I would rather have Firmino too because there's more stabIlity surrounding him as a player.

Peter Suttclife was a very talented truck driver.....

Say no more. 

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Peter Suttclife was a very talented truck driver.....

Say no more. 

Were Eric Bristow still alive, I'd prefer him too... At least he had the ability to pinpoint a target. :ph34r:

I don't understand why Neymar wants to leave to be honest. He fits in at PSG to perfection.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Were Eric Bristow still alive, I'd prefer him too... At least he had the ability to pinpoint a target. :ph34r:

I don't understand why Neymar wants to leave to be honest. He fits in at PSG to perfection.

Imagine Neymar playing under old managers such as Fergie, George Graham or even as far back as Shankley?

They would have just took him into the boot room and flogged him to death. 

No discipline in football nowadays :coffee:

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Imagine Neymar playing under old managers such as Fergie, George Graham or even as far back as Shankley?

They would have just took him into the boot room and flogged him to death. 

No discipline in football nowadays :coffee:

Beckham could tell him a story ot two about the repercussions of being a primadonna... xD

No way would Neymar be able to play under those coaches and we could add other names like Clough of Reeves to the list too. As much as I understand his talent and resoect it, he is bad news, he is totally wrong.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Because he could have gone to any big club in England, Spain (although that'd really just mean going to Real Madrid, which Barca wouldn't have allowed... although it was a release clause wasn't it, so they wouldn't have had much say - but it was probably not going to happen), or Italy (he could have been treated like a fucking god at any club in Italy that wasn't Juve, and at Juve he'd have titles guaranteed) and he'd have ended up with more prestige than what he ended up doing.

Instead he became the face of a very unpopular club that is (imo, rightly) viewed by many as just polluting the French league. He didn't really escape Messi's shadow like he wanted, he just moved into the much bigger shadow of his ego and his reputation has suffered for it.

It's hurt his reputation, so it's hurt his "brand" and now he wants go to back to where he had it better before, only know he's got his own self-inflicted wounds to his reputation and a few bad injuries in his medical history. I'm surprised Barca and Real Madrid are seriously in for him. It doesn't seem like a good use of money that'll really help either team in the long run, it seems like more of a favour to Neymar.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Because he could have gone to any big club in England, Spain (although that'd really just mean going to Real Madrid, which Barca wouldn't have allowed... although it was a release clause wasn't it, so they wouldn't have had much say - but it was probably not going to happen), or Italy (he could have been treated like a fucking god at any club in Italy that wasn't Juve, and at Juve he'd have titles guaranteed) and he'd have ended up with more prestige than what he ended up doing.

Instead he became the face of a very unpopular club that is (imo, rightly) viewed by many as just polluting the French league. He didn't really escape Messi's shadow like he wanted, he just moved into the much bigger shadow of his ego and his reputation has suffered for it.

It's hurt his reputation, so it's hurt his "brand" and now he wants go to back to where he had it better before, only know he's got his own self-inflicted wounds to his reputation and a few bad injuries in his medical history. I'm surprised Barca and Real Madrid are seriously in for him. It doesn't seem like a good use of money that'll really help either team in the long run, it seems like more of a favour to Neymar.

In my personal opinion mate, they're in for him because they know they can't get Kylian Mbappé. That's who they all really want.

I agree with all of that.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

In my personal opinion mate, they're in for him because they know they can't get Kylian Mbappé. That's who they all really want.

I agree with all of that.

Yeah I'd like to tell all clubs, hands of Mbappe - he's ours, he plays as us on FIFA.

In all seriousness, if Real Madrid and Barca can't get Mbappe - that doesn't mean that Neymar is necessarily the answer.

Firstly, I don't even think Barca need another attacker they just need to play with a different strategy in big games to just "have Messi carry us." Barca used to be a club that always played with a certain identity and spirit and they've lost their way... and it doesn't even really matter because they still ran away with the league. If they want CL success, they need to evolve their tactics to something just beyond "give ball to good player, he do good things" - yes, Real Madrid winning the CL 3 times was heavily indebted to Cristiano Ronaldo being incredible (as would any Barca CL success). But Zidane's tactics, while leaning heavily on their best player (why wouldn't they) still were beyond that super basic idea of how to get a team to do well.

Don't get me wrong, Messi is good enough to turn a game on his own and be a massive difference maker. But Barca have incredibly talented players all over the pitch and they just seem shoehorned into Valverde's system rather than playing as a cohesive team that has an identity beyond "Messi plays here."

And with Real Madrid, the fact that the lesson Real Madrid learned from "oh shit, Ronaldo papered over a lot of the cracks here" was "ohhh fuuuuuckkk let's go buy good attacking players to paper the cracks over" rather than have a cohesive strategy just screams: "This is Real Madrid!!!!!" Ronaldo is a generational talent, like Messi, and a few other generational talents that have come before them. I don't think this is new to Real Madrid, like it is with Barca, but they're just a team that's built on individual talent of the player rather than being a well built team that I've just come to expect it. On the one hand it sometimes seems easy for a Real Madrid manager, because they always work with top level talent - whether that manager signed them or not - on the other hand it's pretty difficult as you're often trying to build a side with players that are signed for you based on reputation and "prestige" rather than with a focus on what they provide to the team... and sometimes it's not even players they bought.

I think that's why only really top top top managers go on to win stuff at Real Madrid, you've got to be able to build a team spirit and have a cohesive strategy with big egos and no real long term thought process to the players in your squad.

But anyways, I think it's just typically short sighted of Real Madrid to realise that things would be much harder without Ronaldo. Buy a player that the manager has vocally said he's wanted for years in Hazard (who was one of the best players in our league, pretty comfortably) and then while still in pre-season it looks like there's still problems all over the pitch (literally all over the pitch, not just in attack) they decide the fix is for another big name attacker.

It's mental too, because Neymar is not fucking Cristiano Ronaldo, just like he's not fucking Messi. He's not even close to either of them imo. Them thinking he'll just slot in and bring them back to glory is fucking mental to me.

Paulo Futre was on Spanish radio the other night and the conversation turned to the Neymar saga and he said that PSG could've won the Champions League and even then it wouldn't have made Neymar's transfer to PSG a comprehensible one. It wouldn't have fixed or balanced out what he felt back then was unjust. I agree with that and to be honest, as much as I dislike Paris Saint-Germain (it goes way further back than that transfer), they are the victims here like Barcelona were when he negotiated behind their backs to to there.  There is no way in hell any true football fan can have any respect for this guy.

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Paulo Futre was on Spanish radio the other night and the conversation turned to the Neymar saga and he said that PSG could've won the Champions League and even then it wouldn't have made Neymar's transfer to PSG a comprehensible one. It wouldn't have fixed or balanced out what he felt back then was unjust. I agree with that and to be honest, as much as I dislike Paris Saint-Germain (it goes way further back than that transfer), they are the victims here like Barcelona were when he negotiated behind their backs to to there.  There is no way in hell any true football fan can have any respect for this guy.

What I will say is that I'm absolutely astounded that Barcelona, after the way Neymar engineered his move away, would even contemplate taking him back?

Can only mean one thing really... Neymar is bigger than Barcelona! :ph34r:

26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What I will say is that I'm absolutely astounded that Barcelona, after the way Neymar engineered his move away, would even contemplate taking him back?

Can only mean one thing really... Neymar is bigger than Barcelona! :ph34r:

It's the players mate... Heavyweights which shows how weak and ridiculous the boardroom are and why several of them have left in recent times (not just because of the Neymar interest). Messi, Suárez, Piqué and Alba are the culprits. 

Barcelona have an immense attack for this coming season on all fronts and they literally do not require anyone else im that area.

42 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's the players mate... Heavyweights which shows how weak and ridiculous the boardroom are and why several of them have left in recent times (not just because of the Neymar interest). Messi, Suárez, Piqué and Alba are the culprits. 

Barcelona have an immense attack for this coming season on all fronts and they literally do not require anyone else im that area.

In my opinion, the desire for Neymar is a product of Roma and Liverpool defeats. 

It's definitely an overreaction, but I understand why the veterans feel like this wouldn't have happened with Neymar. 

In my opinion, there is a problem regarding decision-making at Barça. It's good to hear what the players have to say but you can't let it guide your transfer policy. Players often are not moved by rational reasons not to mention the fact they are not familiar with the whole financial picture.

I think Neymar makes Barcelona better, he's a huge talent but I don't think he makes them better enough to justify the huge opportunity costs that comes with this deal.

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That obsession kicking in again pal! You'll end up in hospital. 

There isn't really any point debating with you mate because you know absolutely nothing about football. Just a massive fanboy. 

You're right that Teso knows absolutely nothing about football, but saying he's not that good is outrageous. A liability yes. Not that good, no. It's actually almost an outlandish claim. On form he's easily the 3rd or 2nd best player in the world.

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

The fact he´s such an unlikeable character made him underrated recently, but Neymar is comfortably the best brazilian player of his generation.

I'd actually say ignoring attitudes that he's walk into one of the World Cup winning sides of 2002 or 1998. It's a bit of a hot take but I am struggling to name a player with better technique. The only one who comes close is Messi (I'm not saying he's better than Lio for the record)

• The title was changed to Neymar - FC Barcelona & PSG Reportedly Agree Fee
  • The topic was locked

Archived