• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ivan Rakitić - Back to Sevilla

• The title was changed to Ivan Rakitic & Philippe Coutinho - Man Utd Linked
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Wasn't it someone on here who said that Rakitic's wife has a huge part to play in him wanting to even leave Spain? I don't think he'll leave La Liga and even if he is 31 I am sure there are teams out there who'd love to have him play for them.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11743458/philippe-coutinho-will-not-join-manchester-united-out-of-respect-for-liverpool

Sky reporting Coutinho won't move to United out of "respect" for us. Not sure I'm buying that, as a player that feigns injury to force a move likely has no respect for the club they were at when they feigned that injury. More likely he doesn't want to move to a club that's not in the CL, as that represents a step backward in his career.

Hope he enjoys eternal CL qualification with PSG, but never winning it or even making a final.

There comes a time in life when your own ambitions and desires have to take second place to the ones of those you love!  Ivan's little girts are now 6 (next month) and 3 and only know Barcelona and wife is the result of his moving from 04 to Seville.  If Man U are serious then so will he be, but the idea of leaving Barcelona for Lancashire would - whatever the reason - not impress most of those who read TFF and No CL next season for the first time in years!  Fond memories of captaining the Europa winning team might not be enough so it's all unclear.  If he comes to United they will have a late replacement for David Beckham - Ivan's game as a youngster was based on that - his accuracy on set pieces and his vision on attack is exactly what young guys like Rashford will thrive upon - last time I watched him at Old Trafford - years ago when Croatia played Germany - he was outstanding on the grass there even then.  It would be nice to see him and the family again this time in the UK, but he and Raquel will make the decision!

I don't harbour any ill will towards Coutinho. We got a great price and I was always happy to sell.

I'd think United would be a good move for him tbh but think United should drive a hard bargain to get a bit of value for once. Too often they overpay. They are in total rebuild mode again so should be strategic about who they bring in. If he fits the vision then have a go.

Rakitic is a quality player but at his age, given where United are in their rebuild, I'd question the value of United signing him for the long term. Maybe a good example player for the younger squad members...? 

Following Harry's comment if I were able to advise and a move to the UK would be acceptable I would put Ivan in touch with Kloppy whom he knew from his time at 04.  What he could do for the front runners at Anfield would be awesome and the Wirral would be a much nicer place to live.9_9

6 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Following Harry's comment if I were able to advise and a move to the UK would be acceptable I would put Ivan in touch with Kloppy whom he knew from his time at 04.  What he could do for the front runners at Anfield would be awesome and the Wirral would be a much nicer place to live.9_9

Nah I don’t want him and I don’t want him living in my neighborhood, probably bothering my parents

6 hours ago, Harry said:

I don't harbour any ill will towards Coutinho. We got a great price and I was always happy to sell.

I'd think United would be a good move for him tbh but think United should drive a hard bargain to get a bit of value for once. Too often they overpay. They are in total rebuild mode again so should be strategic about who they bring in. If he fits the vision then have a go.

Rakitic is a quality player but at his age, given where United are in their rebuild, I'd question the value of United signing him for the long term. Maybe a good example player for the younger squad members...? 

Tbh I hope Man United overpay on every signing they make for the rest of the time I’m alive

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Adding Coutinho to Pogba and Lukaku will make it 3 players you basically have to build your team around individually to get anywhere near the best out of them. Good luck, Ole

wp-1479300855464.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 18/06/2019 at 09:58, SchalkeUK said:

Sevilla, where he's gone back to is definitely the right place I think. They love him there and he's pretty much Andaluz like @carefreeluke

He did well at Barcelona in his first few seasons then always played a role in the squad. But he is one who needed to move on so it's the best all-round.

• The title was changed to Ivan Rakitić - Back to Sevilla

Archived