talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Europa League - Qualifying Rounds

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kostic though has been a beast tonight, he's got one of the best left foot's in the game. He's also one of the most improved players over the last year or so. I love his crosses and his shots, they are almost always a real threat to the opposition.

Just now, Stan said:

The Rangers/Legia game has been stopped due to crowd trouble apparently.

It's because of the smoke from the flares the Legia fans set off. There was loads of them going off and you could barely see a thing on the tele xD

Just now, LFCMike said:

It's because of the smoke from the flares the Legia fans set off. There was loads of them going off and you could barely see a thing on the tele xD

I'll tune into that match when the Franfurt match is over in a few minutes. Sounds like crazy scenes in Glasgow.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

In hindsight that Rebic red card was a blessing in disguise as it gave Frankfurt more motivation than anything else could xD 

Yes, that is true, they did come out fighting right at the start of the 2nd half, with that Kamada chance just one example. I am happy with this convincing win over a mid-table French team.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Have you ever been to Poland? There are roadside shrines to St. Mary and other religious figures every few kilometers on every road xD  

Yes, it's right next door to where I am. I've been to Warsaw, Gdansk, Krakow, Lublin, Wrocław and Szczecin. Poland is still a very religious country and probably the most religious Catholic country in Europe, definitely more so than Ireland these days. Their shrines to St. Mary and their Catholic Churches are everywhere around their country. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Rangers score in 92nd minute!

Yes, a crucial winning goal for them. They wouldn't of lived it down if they got knocked out tonight, with Celtic advancing in their match against AIK. Morelos has been super for them since joining Rangers.

59 minutes ago, nudge said:

Kamada has been class today.

Yeah. That really surprised me. Had not seen much of him until today and he played really, really well.

Another great match from Eintracht in Europe and another great atmosphere. 

Referee was a joke though. Both red cards were laughable. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Yeah. That really surprised me. Had not seen much of him until today and he played really, really well.

Disagree with the Strasbourg red card being laughable. Planting one's hands into an opponent's face after the foul/when the play is stopped for me is as clear a "Tätlichkeit" as it can get. Provoked by Kohr and made it look worse than it was? Absolutely. Still a red for me though. 

12 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Kamada's performance today, was the best I have seen him play in a Frankfurt shirt so far. He was excellent. 

Hopefully Frankfurt can go far in the Europa League again this season and hopefully even win it. 

The Rebic incident was definitely never a red card offence. As for the Strasbourg sending off, I think that most referees would of given a red card, whilst others might not have. This refereee decided to send him off. I have  a strong suspicion that at halftime, this referee was told that he got the decision to send Rebic off completely wrong. So when Lienard of Strasbourg lashed out at the Frankfurt player, the referee had no hesitation to send him off. To be honest, Kohr made the most of it, but Lienard should not of touched him in the face, even if it didn't look that forceful.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Disagree with the Strasbourg red card being laughable. Planting one's hands into an opponent's face after the foul/when the play is stopped for me is as clear a "Tätlichkeit" as it can get. Provoked by Kohr and made it look worse than it was? Absolutely. Still a red for me though. 

I think most referees would of given the red card. You can't touch the opponents face like that deliberately. It wasn't the most forceful of touches and Kohr did make the most of it. But you can't be doing that to an opponents face. 

I get both of your points. Maybe it's just my understanding that it should not be a red card if you just touch somebody in his face which was all the Strasbourg player did. If you hit or push someone that is another story.

I don't blame Kohr though. I blame the referee for totally losing control of the march and therefore he pretty much forced Eintracht to also make more out of such situations. 

Alfredo Morelos heads the winner to send Rangers back into the group stages ! 

this is huge for our club ! Steven Gerrard has really turned this club around !! & Morelos well he is one hell of a player. 

Also crazy to see the Legia fans display a banner of Pope John Paul & letting of the flares ! stopping the match briefly. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/rangers-vs-leg-warsaw/report/420179

8 hours ago, MrDevyJaxx said:

Alfredo Morelos heads the winner to send Rangers back into the group stages ! 

this is huge for our club ! Steven Gerrard has really turned this club around !! & Morelos well he is one hell of a player. 

Also crazy to see the Legia fans display a banner of Pope John Paul & letting of the flares ! stopping the match briefly. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/rangers-vs-leg-warsaw/report/420179

Morelos always does what needs do be done. Welcome to the forum.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.71ced4abb1608ddf806d008b8a7b0c80.png

Celtic & Lazio both charged after Europa League game

Celtic and Lazio have both been charged by Uefa after supporters sang "illicit chants" in the Europa League meeting of the sides last week.

The chants were not racist but related to the use of obscene language.

The Scottish Premiership club have also been sanctioned after fans displayed "illicit banners" during the 2-1 win.

One depicted former Italian leader Benito Mussolini hanging upside down and another displayed swearing in Italian.

The cases will be adjudicated upon by Uefa's control, ethics and disciplinary body on 21 November.

FULL REPORT

• The topic was unpinned

Archived