talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Europa League - Qualifying Rounds

On 19/08/2019 at 12:00, Rab said:

We've made easy work so far but this will be the first real test of our team. I'd be delighted with a win but I think it'll be a 1-1 draw.

Legia Warsaw are Rangers biggest test so far, but it's been pretty even so far, with both sides creating chances.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

It will be interesting to see how Torro plays against decent French opposition. I hope Kamada impresses as well. I still think the Joveljic and Pacienca strike partnership with Rebic just behind them is the best forward line in this squad. This should be an interesting match between two teams from big leagues.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Weird lineup for Espanyol. Massive match for them and they're resting players.

Think there's still enough there to beat Zorya though. 

1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

Weird lineup for Espanyol. Massive match for them and they're resting players.

Hopefully Zorya Luhansk can cause a shock. But they are not even playing in their home city because of the war. It should be another interesting matchup. Espanyol obviously feeling confident.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Think there's still enough there to beat Zorya though. 

Yeah, probably, the money's not there for Ukrainian teams anymore. Shakhtar are the only club who can realistically go far in Europe. Dynamo Kyiv try their best but there is only so far they can go. Aside from the lack of money that the sides have theses days, the league is really battled out between Shakhtar and Dynamo, not much other opposition. Dnipro used to be a huge club, but financial corruption destroyed that club, they were in the final of the Europa League only a few seasons ago, now they are in like the 3rd Division. All the best Ukrainian players leave their league anyway these days.

Just now, Eco said:

I can't watch, but I also can't believe they have the lead. 

From the sounds of it on here, they have been the better team. 

Yes, they have been the better team so far in terms of chances created.

Just now, Eco said:

Which is crazy as they've been really poor this year in their two league games. 

Yeah, I think it's early days. You can't judge a team after only two league games. Fitness levels at this part of the season is not always at peak level for many teams as well. I think Frankfurt need to bring on Rode and Paciencia and take off Torro and Kamada. Rode works very hard in midfield and his distribution is good, while Pacienica can offer a lot in attack, he is especially good at getting on the end of crosses.

Just now, Michael said:

Yeah, I think it's early days. You can't judge a team after only two league games. Fitness levels at this part of the season is not always at peak level for many teams as well. I think Frankfurt need to bring on Rode and Paciencia and take off Torro and Kamada. Rode works very hard in midfield and his distribution is good, while Pacienica can offer a lot in attack, he is especially good at getting on the end of crosses.

No doubt - but I'll also stress that they were really good last year, finishing mid-table in a league that is very top heavy. They are only in this tournament due do winning one a cup that few teams attempt to win. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

No doubt - but I'll also stress that they were really good last year, finishing mid-table in a league that is very top heavy. They are only in this tournament due do winning one a cup that few teams attempt to win. 

Yeah, I know, but they did beat some good teams on the way to winning that cup. Anyway, from my perspective, I hope Frankfurt step it up. They are starting to press and attack more, but more needs to be done. Changes need to be made at half time.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived