talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Europa League - Qualifying Rounds

Red card for Rebic??? That was never a red card, that's way too harsh, their keeper play acted to get him sent off. Hutter is going to be furious with the sending off, but to be fair, it's not Rebic's fault.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nudge said:

Just turned the game on - how the fuck is  that a red for Rebic???

That was never a red card, terrible decision by the referee and now he has made our task much more difficult. That decision could cost us a place in the next round.

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

That was never a red card, terrible decision by the referee and now he has made our task much more difficult. That decision could cost us a place in the next round.

Unbelievable. He went for the ball and I'm not sure he even touched the goalkeeper anyway. Ridiculous. VAR not intervening and not even asking the ref to watch the replay? 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Unbelievable. He went for the ball and I'm not sure he even touched the goalkeeper anyway. Ridiculous. VAR not intervening and not even asking the ref to watch the replay? 

There's no VAR before the final.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yes, even if there was any contact with the keeper, it was the most minimal of contacts. I as well really don't know why VAR is not reviewed in such a decisive situation. Frankfurt were in control for most of that half and a 2nd goal looked like it was in it's way. But the referee's crazy decision to send Rebic off, has now thrown the cat among the pigeons!

• Subscriber
Just now, ...Dan said:

There's no VAR before the final.

Yeah I realised that after posting. Still a shite decision but without VAR I can at least understand that the referee might not have seen it properly especially since Strasbourg's keeper did his best. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

especially since Strasbourg's keeper did his best. 

You can say that again, he looked like he was dying to be awarded for an Oscar.

It will be interesting to see how Hutter plans his tactics for the 2nd half now. I was really confident coming into this match and I wasn't disappointed by Frankfurt's performance before the red card. Now the task is obviously much tougher.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

You can say that again, he looked like he was dying to be awarded for an Oscar.

It will be interesting to see how Hutter plans his tactics for the 2nd half now. I was really confident coming into this match and I wasn't disappointed by Frankfurt's performance before the red card. Now the task is obviously much tougher.

That's exactly what I meant :D

Come on Frankfurt!

Just now, nudge said:

Well deserved too. Hits Kohr in the face with both hands. What a tit.

Ditto lol.

Also I am sure the referee would of been told at half time, that he got the Rebic red card decision wrong. Regardless, it was still a red card offense by the Strasbourg player.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

For those that complain and bitch about VAR, this is why every competition NEEDS it. 

Only if it's implemented perfectly which hasn't been the case so far. I'd rather take referees making mistakes instead of VAR having all the technical help they need and still being incompetent and managing to screw it up.

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

For those that complain and bitch about VAR, this is why every competition NEEDS it. 

I agree, I am all for VAR because it is a fair outcome when used most of the time. Even with the delays that sometimes happen with VAR, I still think that is a force of good for the sport.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived