talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dan said:

Too easy to play the race card nowadays. Too much to gain and too little to lose.

I agree but Cameroon have lost a lot of respect from doing what they did and claiming the ref wanted England to win won't help

• Administrator

Anyone seen the very passionate post-match interview by Marta? I think it's superb. 

Along with that also saying that there won't be a 'Marta, Cristiane, Formiga forever' and needs the younger girls to step up. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Anyone seen the very passionate post-match interview by Marta? I think it's superb. 

Along with that also saying that there won't be a 'Marta, Cristiane, Formiga forever' and needs the younger girls to step up. 

Saw it last night and she did make a good point. Brazil weren't/aren't a bad team at this stage and they need players to step into the shoes of their ageing guard to take over the reigns as well.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Thought both USA penalties were as soft as they could be... 

The second one is terribly hard to call. That foot movement from the defender is what made the referee make the call imo. If it hadn't gone down the way it did there would be no call of judgement for contact but it is what it is and Spain didn't really try very hard towards the end to be direct and instead went the long-ball route which was never ever going to get them any joy against this US team.

All my predictions have been right so far if only I was a betting man...

Cameroon = utter disgrace. So glad Phil Neville called them out on their disgusting behaviour. Our decisions via VAR were far more controversial and our girls got on with it and ended up losing and being knocked out. We didn’t blame VAR. just our inept governing body.

re: USA that second penalty has to be a dive in my opinion but hey we all want the USA to do well...

• Subscriber

This WC is just a training exercise for Japan. They've fielded a mostly young team and even with that they haven't truly struggled imo but they wont go much further than tonight.

Edit: And just as I say this they've gone and scored to equalize. Goddamnit.

21 hours ago, Toinho said:

All my predictions have been right so far if only I was a betting man...

Cameroon = utter disgrace. So glad Phil Neville called them out on their disgusting behaviour. Our decisions via VAR were far more controversial and our girls got on with it and ended up losing and being knocked out. We didn’t blame VAR. just our inept governing body.

re: USA that second penalty has to be a dive in my opinion but hey we all want the USA to do well...

Really? I think it's a 'soft' penalty, but she's clearly contacted off of a clumsy tackle. 

• Subscriber

And the European champions go forward. Hard on the Japanese really to concede a penalty in the 90th minute but that's how it goes. The best game I've seen at this tournament, two teams that like passing football and both were equally good on the counter as well. 

Oh please knock the US women out of the World Cup. I’ve had enough of them. Now Rapinoe getting all moody over the Whitehouse. I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with Trump but his reply was good. Win it first. Utter arrogance. Going for France, big time. 

18 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Oh please knock the US women out of the World Cup. I’ve had enough of them. Now Rapinoe getting all moody over the Whitehouse. I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with Trump but his reply was good. Win it first. Utter arrogance. Going for France, big time. 

She was asked if she'd go to the White House, she said 'No Fucking Way'. She's also a gay woman, two things Trump has shown zero regard for. I'm not sure why it's a major deal what she said...what did you expect her to say? Besides, she said IF THEY WIN, she will decline, which has been a common theme with athletes since Trump was elected. 

President Donald Trump railed against American women's soccer co-captain Megan Rapinoe Wednesday after the soccer star said she wouldn't go to the White House if the national team wins the World Cup before saying that he would invite them to visit "win or lose."

"I'm not going to the f*****g White House," Rapinoe told a reporter for Eight by Eight, a soccer magazine, when asked Tuesday if she was excited to go to the White House if her team wins.

If a male player said there was 'No fucking way', he'd go to the White House because of Trump, I'd doubt you'd say he was being 'moody'. 

In case you aren't aware, all championship teams get invited to the White House, and MANY athletes have said the same...she is not the first, and not even the 100th to say that IF they win the Championships, they will decline to go. 

2 hours ago, Eco said:

She was asked if she'd go to the White House, she said 'No Fucking Way'. She's also a gay woman, two things Trump has shown zero regard for. I'm not sure why it's a major deal what she said...what did you expect her to say? Besides, she said IF THEY WIN, she will decline, which has been a common theme with athletes since Trump was elected. 

If a male player said there was 'No fucking way', he'd go to the White House because of Trump, I'd doubt you'd say he was being 'moody'. 

In case you aren't aware, all championship teams get invited to the White House, and MANY athletes have said the same...she is not the first, and not even the 100th to say that IF they win the Championships, they will decline to go. 

Yeah I would. I don’t care of gender. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Toinho said:

If France don't give them a test then England will because after that it's really anyones guess. Their defense hasn't been really tested and when it did it was shown to be shaky. All I can say is the winner of this whole thing is coming from the US/England/France side of the bracket. Can't really see any contender from the other bracket.

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

In all seriousness @Eco. I wasn’t completely aware of the context of her response so I think I was way too quick to judge. 

That's fair - and I have no idea how it's being reported in either Australia or Japan (not sure where you are now.). Also, I wasn't sure if you knew the context of the fact that all champions of US sports go to the White House, and since Trump has been elected, a lot of athletes are not going in protest. 

On 24/06/2019 at 03:47, Stan said:

Yeah - it was pretty emotional and the footballing world will lose a star with Marta. Damn it's amazing how dominant she was in her prime, and what an icon. 

Archived