talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

VAR at Women's World Cup

VAR is becoming the worst invention in soccer since the days of sudden death by each decision made. I thought I was enjoying the evolution of the soccer game by its unpredictability but we have taken a complete different turn at the moment. As we draw towards the knockoff stages I wish it was easy and had confidence in siding with a team that could advance through fair and sqaure, but not while VAR is still implemented.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Ken Ryu said:

VAR is becoming the worst invention in soccer since the days of sudden death by each decision made. I thought I was enjoying the evolution of the soccer game by its unpredictability but we have taken a complete different turn at the moment. As we draw towards the knockoff stages I wish it was easy and had confidence in siding with a team that could advance through fair and sqaure, but not while VAR is still implemented.

I understand people are upset, mostly in regards to VAR re-awarding penalties when the goalies feet come off the line.However, that's the rules...so I don't understand why people are so upset with it? The rule is clear as can be, yet was NEVER called even when the keeper would leap way before the ball was kicked, so now that they have found a way to stop it, people are upset? 

I think it's clear that you can't please everyone, if you are English (just assuming with Arsenal), then why not go for England? Scottish fans probably feel crappy, but the keeper did come off her line, which is against the rules, so...not sure what you expect? 

19 minutes ago, Eco said:

I understand people are upset, mostly in regards to VAR re-awarding penalties when the goalies feet come off the line.However, that's the rules...so I don't understand why people are so upset with it? The rule is clear as can be, yet was NEVER called even when the keeper would leap way before the ball was kicked, so now that they have found a way to stop it, people are upset? 

I think it's clear that you can't please everyone, if you are English (just assuming with Arsenal), then why not go for England? Scottish fans probably feel crappy, but the keeper did come off her line, which is against the rules, so...not sure what you expect? 

I hear you, but where is VAR when this happens? https://nigerianewsng.com/nigeria-vs-france-oliseh-others-react-to-var-decision/

Most of these situations have been getting away with double standards. 

1 minute ago, Ken Ryu said:

I hear you, but where is VAR when this happens? https://nigerianewsng.com/nigeria-vs-france-oliseh-others-react-to-var-decision/

Most of these situations have been getting away with double standards. 

It's not perfect, but damn, it's a lot better than what it was like beforehand when we had World Cup decided on goals scored by players hitting it in with their hands. 

Nevertheless, USA are serious contenders by force. The game vs Sweden is on now and they started scoring by the second minute. It seems like they have alot to prove towards their country because of the whole underpayment saga. As I went through this article it gave me a bit of perspective that most of the US based analysts put their own money on them too: https://www.bonusseeker.com/news/new-jersey-sports-betting-sites/fifa-world-cup-odds-fanduel-nj-sports-betting

10 minutes ago, Ken Ryu said:

Nevertheless, USA are serious contenders by force. The game vs Sweden is on now and they started scoring by the second minute. It seems like they have alot to prove towards their country because of the whole underpayment saga. As I went through this article it gave me a bit of perspective that most of the US based analysts put their own money on them too: https://www.bonusseeker.com/news/new-jersey-sports-betting-sites/fifa-world-cup-odds-fanduel-nj-sports-betting

We are way ahead of the competition, and while that isn't meant to be a slag on France, England, co, it's based on the simple fact we glorify our women's team and have thrown a lot of money at the grassroots which has improved our already dominant team. 

• The title was changed to VAR at Women's World Cup
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived