talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

People worthy of the death sentence

football forum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming from a country, where I saw what happens when you don't execute terrorists (there was a separate hijacking incident and terrorists were released in exchange for hostages because of public pressure and those terrorists then went on to mastermind  26/11, 9/11, Daniel Pearl murder, etc) I firmly believe in death penalty for convicted terrorists. 

I am proud of how we dealt with Kasab. Gave him a fair trial in all the levels of courts, where he was found guilty and then executed him. 

Secondly, I also support death penalty for child rapists. 

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Toinho said:

My problem is some of the conditions these absolutely evil cunts get kept in. I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if rapists, Child molesters, serial killers etc were put through absolute agony. They don’t deserve our time or money to live peacefully. Sure, the mental health side of things of being in prison the rest of their life would make us normal go crazy, but these people aren’t normal. 

My issue with the death penalty is 1) we need to be beyond reasonable doubt they’re guilty (I know they should be but sometimes law gets it wrong) and 2) it’s too quick. Slow would be better right...

This is my issue as well. I wonder how common/rare it is that someone is 100% guilty but more to the point, how many times it's been proved. If there's any seed of doubt, should there be death as a punishment?

Slow, painful death would be justice.

How does everyone feel about giving the victim some say in the punishment? Granted there could be cases where vengeance takes over (especially gang warfare/culture) but perhaps limit it to specific crimes only. There's often the odd case where a victim or their family end up meeting the perpetrator and almost 'forgiving them' and asking for them to be rehabilitated or not sent to prison. Rare, I know. Maybe for minor crimes it would work better?

When it comes to organised criminals, what makes them any different to the government in how they operate?

Gangs battle with other gangs, the government send out armies to battle other armies.

Organised criminals sell drugs such as cocaine, cannabis and ecstasy, the government sell alcohol and nicotine.

Organised criminals extort businesses, the government steal 20% of our hard earned money every week and then tax literally everything we buy as well.

What's so different about them other than the fact that the government are a far worse version? If it came down to picking sides out of say, Curtis Warren, or Borris Johnson, then it certainly wouldn't be the toff southern cunt.

8 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

When it comes to organised criminals, what makes them any different to the government in how they operate?

Gangs battle with other gangs, the government send out armies to battle other armies.

Organised criminals sell drugs such as cocaine, cannabis and ecstasy, the government sell alcohol and nicotine.

Organised criminals extort businesses, the government steal 20% of our hard earned money every week and then tax literally everything we buy as well.

What's so different about them other than the fact that the government are a far worse version? If it came down to picking sides out of say, Curtis Warren, or Borris Johnson, then it certainly wouldn't be the toff southern cunt.

But if we didn’t pay taxes we would have nothing maintained, no good healthcare, etc what a bizarre post.

11 minutes ago, Toinho said:

But if we didn’t pay taxes we would have nothing maintained, no good healthcare, etc what a bizarre post.

Well I for one know that I haven't voted in my local gangmember representative to parlay my interests at the next gang meet.

On 08/11/2019 at 22:11, Toinho said:

It's called looking at it from the bigger picture.

It's one thing having to pay a large chunk of your wages in tax every week, but then you have to pay tax on literally everything you buy, which is excessive and they are even adding extra tax now on products containing a certain amount of sugar. The next plan is to add extra tax onto red meat, but the problem is, the world is full of people such as yourself, who just sit back and take it. Due to this, it'll only worsen.

On top of this, people have to deal with the cost of living, debts, bills..

You're seriously gullible if you believe all tax goes towards health care also.

On 08/11/2019 at 22:25, Spike said:

Well I for one know that I haven't voted in my local gangmember representative to parlay my interests at the next gang meet.

Yeah, as that was really the point wasn't it you bellend. 

There are people that deserve to have their life ended due to the crime/s they've committed, but the death penalty is wrong on every level due to the fact that on the whole it is reason/ing that marks as as different from other living mamals on the planet.

There has been a recent case in the US which is quite curious where a guy (60+ years of age) on death-row has applied for an appeal on the basis that he had been involved in some sort of illness and a subsequent operation that saw him registered clinically dead for several minutes and he alleged that his penalty was thus executed and that his presence life was subsequently a new one and a different person. The court of appeal answered him that as he was fully aware of his situation in his letter of appeal and had referenced to himself as said person within the letter, he must surely be the same person and the punishment maintained! xD (I have no idea why I find that funny O.o

8 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It's called looking at it from the bigger picture.

It's one thing having to pay a large chunk of your wages in tax every week, but then you have to pay tax on literally everything you buy, which is excessive and they are even adding extra tax now on products containing a certain amount of sugar. The next plan is to add extra tax onto red meat, but the problem is, the world is full of people such as yourself, who just sit back and take it. Due to this, it'll only worsen.

On top of this, people have to deal with the cost of living, debts, bills..

You're seriously gullible if you believe all tax goes towards health care also.

Yeah, as that was really the point wasn't it you bellend. 

It was a joke you dense cunt.

• 5 months later...
On 08/11/2019 at 22:11, Toinho said:

Coming back to this. Where's the good health care then? As clearly not even a tiny percentage of that tax money goes into it. 6 beds per 100,000? A huge shortage in ppe for health care workers, lack of staff. It's proven to be a massively poor and easily overwhelmed healthcare system through this. The country are even getting hand me downs from Germany now. Definitely not a healthcare system that has had anywhere near enough of our money thrown at it.

And nobody mentioned anything about not paying tax, but the amount you pay and the fact everything is overly taxed here.

In Spain a pouch of backi is £7.81, in England it's £24.70 for the same product, produced in the same factory. So that is over 15 quid in tax. 2 million backi smokers buying 1 pouch a week is 30 million in TAX. But that's just scratching the surface as ciggies are even more expensive. £10 for 20 cigs, £5.50 more than in Spain, so if 2 million buy a pack a day that's 70 million a week. Add it all together and that's 100 million a week just from cigarettes(and that's not even including all smokers, just a rough estimate) and without speaking about everything else or even mentioning wages.

So it's bullshit, nothing can justify it. 

When this virus calms down and there is a huge recession also, you can bet wages go down and taxes go up. Especially in construction as most people are sub contractors and you negotiate your own hourly wage. There is no standard rate.

With all due respects, I actually do well with tax as I have a good accountant who'll be getting me a nice tax return in the coming weeks, but most people get fucked. My grief is also more with the ridiculous amounts of VAT you pay. I don't mind paying 20% a week.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Where's the good health care then?

Are you for real? 

I'll be one of the first to criticise the current government but this pandemic was unprecedented and I don't think even the best plans would have covered something as crazy as it has been. 

Which begs the question of why you ask where the good health care is?! Unless I've missed the point completely do you think the NHS was just sitting there twiddling their thumbs waiting for things to happen? They've been heavily underfunded for several years but at the same time, I wouldn't expect them to have copious amounts of stock just lying around for years and years. 

I'm not sure what the point about the cigarettes and smoking is. Maybe if people stopped smoking they'd be able to afford other stuff? Maybe if they stopped smoking, they'd be less prone to potentially getting respiratory disease and potentially becoming a burden on NHS and hospitals/GPs later on in life :what:

I can't believe you asked where the good health care is though. There's a severe lack of equipment of course but the NHS is revered around the world for the service it provides. 

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Are you for real? 

I'll be one of the first to criticise the current government but this pandemic was unprecedented and I don't think even the best plans would have covered something as crazy as it has been. 

Which begs the question of why you ask where the good health care is?! Unless I've missed the point completely do you think the NHS was just sitting there twiddling their thumbs waiting for things to happen? They've been heavily underfunded for several years but at the same time, I wouldn't expect them to have copious amounts of stock just lying around for years and years. 

I'm not sure what the point about the cigarettes and smoking is. Maybe if people stopped smoking they'd be able to afford other stuff? Maybe if they stopped smoking, they'd be less prone to potentially getting respiratory disease and potentially becoming a burden on NHS and hospitals/GPs later on in life :what:

I can't believe you asked where the good health care is though. There's a severe lack of equipment of course but the NHS is revered around the world for the service it provides. 

Isn't it pretty fucking obvious what the point was about tobacco? The amount of tax money obtained through it is incredible, yet clearly nowhere near enough of that money goes to where it should be going. Do you ever question anything or just listen to what they say on tv and nod your head? Yes sir, no sir and all that.

Nobody spoke about the service did they? I've often spoken highly about my dentist here and how surprised I am at how great the service is, yet how little it costs, albeit only really usually having to go for the check ups. But you can't get the service if the equipment isn't available and money isn't being provided to them. Our healthcare system should be far better prepared than this with all the money generated from taxes. It provides great service, but is far too easily overwhelmed than it should be given the amount of money that you'd have thought would be available.

But I stand by the original point, the government are worse than organised criminals.

These people have nuclear weapons, they have 1,000s of viruses in labs. Far more dangerous.

The real gangsters are the ones allowing viruses to leak into our countries then telling us all we can't go out. Yet not enough people are really questioning it.

13 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

But I stand by the original point, the government are worse than organised criminals.

These people have nuclear weapons, they have 1,000s of viruses in labs. Far more dangerous.

The real gangsters are the ones allowing viruses to leak into our countries then telling us all we can't go out. Yet not enough people are really questioning it.

They are definitely more corrupt and useless than gangsters most times mate, just have a look at the senators and deputies, dozens of people working for them when if they were fit for the supposed job they should be doing they should and could do it themselves, paid absurd amounts of money for scratching their arses and going to the office 5 times per year or so, can even refuse to attend and still get paid. Continue to get paid for staying and home doing fuck all in the pandemic while common folks are dismissed and struggle to survive, it's a joke, most useless people on earth, they laugh in our faces.

UK has about £1.4trn debt. Tax does not pay for spend. 

It's increasingly becoming evident in the modern economy that some taxes, particularly national level ones, are a means to control inflation not a way of collecting money to spend.

• 2 years later...
24 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Is there any point in keeping people like Peter Sutcliffe alive for so long before he actually died?

If life in prison was a life in solitary with no TV or treats then yeah, 40 years of brick walls and shit mash potatoes and bread would be better punishment than a straight way out.

Unfortunately that isn't the case as yeah I agree, hang the bastards.

On 07/11/2019 at 23:45, Toinho said:

Scary that people like that are out there in the world. Really scary. I mean, this happened to someone just riding the bus. No fight, no quarrel, no argument... just an innocent man riding the bus. Fuck me, it could all be over any day because you run into some psychopath. 

Archived