talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 Thread - 2019/20 - PSG Champions

The commentator just said he's looking foward to Lyon playing Marseille and PSG, and other teams with more talent than them to see how to grade Sylvinho. 

xD

I think he is stuck in '93.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it's over. 

Lyon win 3-0. 

Certainly some steam was let out after Cesc's straight red card, but an overall good performance by Lyon. Still could use another creative AMF, but was pretty impressed with everyone. Anderson looks really good, and the combo of Mendes & Traore is going to wreck some teams. 

Perfect start to the new season.  

• Administrator
2 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Lyon played well, but nothing has changed for Monaco since last season. They shouldn't be starting the season with that lineup. They need to get some more players in and quickly. 

The side Jardim put out was a farce. I'm scratching my head as to why he did that unless he's trying to force a spend on players. 

I watched Angers v Bordeaux, great performance by the home side and Jeff Reine-Adelaïde in particular. I'd like to see him at a bigger club, but if it's a choice between going to Monaco or staying at Angers he might be better off staying put. 

• Administrator

One game in and I couldn't give a shit already. That was simply embarrassing and a disgrace. This section from the match report summed up the toss served up;

d’André Villas-Boas, incapables d’accélérer le rythme de la partie, butaient systématiquement sur l’arrière-garde champenoise.

Basically, no pace and no guile to get through that Reims rear guard. If as expected the club continue to try and sell the better parts of the team, it's hard to see where the improvement is going to come from. It's only one game, which is worth remembering, but to start with such an abject performance and no clue who'll be at the club from one day to the next, the fans deserve so much better than this. This isn't some minor provincial team or piss pot nobody, this is a fucking massive sporting institution that is being treated like dog shit. 

The thumbnail says it all about Germain. Played 72 minutes, not one shot on goal and zero creative passes. Get fucked. 

I don't particularly care much for Marseille, and I certainly didn't expect them to have a great year, but this result is simply embarrassing. New year, at home, against a mid-table at best team, and you lay that egg. 

• Subscriber

I legitimately considered having a bet in pre-season on Marseille to get relegated. It is ludicrous on so many levels I know but just look at Monaco last year. Is it totally implausble Marseille go that way?

• Administrator

Mbappe just scored a pretty decent goal. Cross-field ball in to the box controlled well Bernat, laid off to Mbappe and smashed in to the top corner. All made it look so easy.

Yeah - usually a great match to watch although this weekend I was slammed so I didn't have time to watch ANYTHING but the OL match on Friday. 

Only 1 result this weekend surprised me, and that's Marseille of course. Still can't wrap my head around that result. 

Ligue1-150x150.png

Friday, August 16, 2019
Olympique Lyon vs Angers SCO

Saturday, August 17, 2019
Nantes vs Olympique Marseille
Metz vs Monaco
Toulouse vs Dijon
Nimes vs Nice
Amiens SC vs Lille
Bordeaux vs Montpellier

Sunday, August 18, 2019
Saint-Etienne vs Brest
Reims vs Strasbourg
Rennes vs PSG

image.png.0e5ca5c4cb513177a55e8bc821664e4f.png

Some intersting matches for sure, as it wouldn't shock me if both Marseille and Monaco both went another week without winning. I feel good about Lyon getting 3 points against Angres since it's a home match

• The title was changed to Ligue 1 Thread - 2019/20
5 hours ago, cb_96 said:

Fancy Lyon tonight, although Angers can’t be underestimated after a good win last week. Am I right in thinking Adelaide has joined Lyon this week from Angers?

He has! 

Lyon's first game at home, Angers losing Adelaide, I think a good win is in store tonight. 3-0 Lyon. 

5 hours ago, cb_96 said:

Fancy Lyon tonight, although Angers can’t be underestimated after a good win last week. Am I right in thinking Adelaide has joined Lyon this week from Angers?

It's good to see a new member interested in french football, welcome :)

Yeah, Reine-Adelaïde has gone to Lyon and they have a gentleman's agreement to not play him against his former side tonight.

• The title was changed to Ligue 1 Thread - 2019/20 - PSG Champions
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived