talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 Thread - 2019/20 - PSG Champions

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

Midfield 3 of Jemerson, Boschilia and Golovin. A defender and two attacking midfielders.

Surprised to see the two new signings starting.

VAR handball penalty for Metz and a straight red for the 2nd game in a row for Monaco. They're a shambles but they're also the most unlucky club in the world.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, cb_96 said:

What happened with Monaco again 

Started to weaken with Jardim, so they fired him to bring Theirry Henry, who was a complete failure and they were on the verge on relegation, so they fired HIM and brought back Jardim who narrowly got them to avoid the drop, but by no means were they back to their form from a few years past. 

Now, it appears that they will struggle again, although I'd be shocked if they are battling relegation, as I predicted them to be lower mid table by years end. 

I'll ask for my other French lovers to chime in @...Dan & @Batard

I actually wrote down a preseason prediction for this league, and had Rennes a solid mid-table team, but after beating PSG today and sitting 2nd due to GD, I'm curious if this is a team that realistically will be fighting for a CL spot. 

Thoughts? 

Ligue1-150x150.png

Saturday, August 24, 2019
Amiens SC vs Nantes
Dijon vs Bordeaux
Angers SCO vs Metz
Brest vs Reims

Sunday, August 25, 2019
Monaco vs Nimes
Strasbourg vs Rennes
PSG vs Toulouse

Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Montpellier vs Olympique Lyon

Wednesday, August 28. 2019
Lille vs Saint-Etienne
Nice vs Olympique Marseille

image.png.0f7b6b879aa2132670391a60967e73a3.png

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Eco said:

I'll ask for my other French lovers to chime in @...Dan & @Batard

I actually wrote down a preseason prediction for this league, and had Rennes a solid mid-table team, but after beating PSG today and sitting 2nd due to GD, I'm curious if this is a team that realistically will be fighting for a CL spot. 

Thoughts? 

It's not entirely impossible but they've lost Sarr who was one of the key players as @...Dan alluded to. To beat PSG is a big result though at any stage of the season. Maintaining a good start in the season is difficult but at least they've got some momentum.

Sarr was a very impactful player but if a player like Niang can replace such an impact they've done well. Still think Top 4 will be PSG, Lyon, St Etienne & Lille, not necessarily that order. It'll be a big ask for Rennes to get enough points to breach that top 4 though. They were quite some way off last season. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

It's not entirely impossible but they've lost Sarr who was one of the key players as @...Dan alluded to. To beat PSG is a big result though at any stage of the season. Maintaining a good start in the season is difficult but at least they've got some momentum.

Sarr was a very impactful player but if a player like Niang can replace such an impact they've done well. Still think Top 4 will be PSG, Lyon, St Etienne & Lille, not necessarily that order. It'll be a big ask for Rennes to get enough points to breach that top 4 though. They were quite some way off last season. 

Kind of what I'm thinking, although this past weekend's result was so impressive. 

Another lineup I don't understand. Badiashile at right back? Or a 3-5-2 with Onyekuru at wing back? We'll see. Hopefully this is the last game we see Glik and Jemerson together with Maripan coming in. Adrien Silva should make a big difference in midfield, I don't trust that defence though. I liked Glik when he was at Torino, but he's become awful.

37 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Wow. Another game, another straight red card for Monaco. That's 3 out of 3 this season.

And they end up wasting a two goal lead. Something is very wrong with that side. They need time to be a proper team I think as they got plenty of new players.

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Monaco are an embarrassment right now. 

They are. 

Part of me is afraid if they do get relegated, they will struggle to come back. Such little support and real passion it seems in the club. 

• Subscriber

I put a fiver on 2-2 when Monaco went down to 10 xD their ineptness knows no bounds at the minute. They really could end up in another relegation battle if this start is anything to go by.

• The title was changed to Ligue 1 Thread - 2019/20 - PSG Champions
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived