• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 Thread - 2019/20 - PSG Champions

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

Yeah I'm watching it. If only Germain put that chance away, maybe we'd have a game on our hands. PSG took the lead a few minutes later and they'll probably win comfortably from here.

Agreed. It wasn't as difficult as it could have been either considering he had a clean shot at it.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

4-0 after 44 minutes. This could get ugly. I might switch to Osasuna Valencia for the 2nd half, this match is over.

I got bored after 3-0 xD 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

We've shown quite uncharacteristic resilience since the drubbing in Paris. Last night for example, turning that around so late almost immediately after the Brest equaliser, 6 weeks ago that wouldn't have happened. I certainly feel it helps that there is so much choice in the final 3rd to be able to rotate, having an out and out winger on the right as well has helped stretch games. I'm not a massive fan of Sarr to be frank but he's better further forward than at fullback. January will be key because I'd like to see a more all round forward brought in, I wouldn't bet against Giroud signing on loan you know. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Lyon lost to a late goal by 17 year old Eduardo Camavinga at home against Rennes this afternoon, and lost both Memphis Depay and Jeff Reine-Adélaïde to serious looking injuries. Their season goes from bad to worse 

Depay done his cruciate ligaments apparently

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.db21de35c5b8a7f30aaecff78b8d80e1.png

Saint-Etienne stadium closed over fireworks during Kylian Mbappe goal

229135223_download(3).thumb.png.b4da39c31c8ea95b8587895a30b872f1.png

Saint-Etienne's stadium has been closed until further notice after "massive use" of fireworks and flares in the stands during their 4-0 defeat at home by Paris St-Germain on Sunday.

Kylian Mbappe's 89th-minute goal was scored against a backdrop of fireworks and flares being let off by fans.

The Ligue de Football Professionnel issued the closure notice on Monday.

"In view of the particularly serious facts, there will be a total closed-door measure," it said.

PSG moved seven points clear at the top of Ligue 1 with the 4-0 win thanks to two goals from Mbappe and one each from Leandro Paredes and Mauro Icardi.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50816701

• 2 weeks later...

tournament-37.png

Friday, January 10
Rennes vs Olympique Marseille

Saturday January 11
Bordeaux vs Olympique Lyon
Toulouse vs Brest
Amines SC vs Montpellier
Angers SCO vs Nice
Nimes vs Reims
Metz vs Strasbourg

Sunday, January 12
Saint-Etienne vs Nantes
Dijon vs Lille
PSG vs Monaco

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
12 hours ago, ...Dan said:

xD

@Batard what the fuck is going on? You've become a good team! :o AVB is a genius.

It's been so unexpected. But he had some good young but raw players to work with, rather than fold under the pressure they've stepped up. I'm genuinely surprised but pleased. One note of caution mind, this is the weakest League standard for some time. 

4 hours ago, Batard said:

It's been so unexpected. But he had some good young but raw players to work with, rather than fold under the pressure they've stepped up. I'm genuinely surprised but pleased. One note of caution mind, this is the weakest League standard for some time. 

I think you have a valid point here. AVB have made OM very scrappy, which will get you CL football this year in France. Good to see as they should be one of the top teams in France, but still on a talent level, I wouldn't put them in the top 4 currently. 

Big win for Lyon today. I fully wasn't shocked when we went down 1-0 to Bordeaux, as we aren't the scrappiest of bunch, but lo and behold, we came back, winning 2-1 and getting the much needed 3 points. This Lyon side should easily be either 2nd or 3rd, and so since Juninho's appointment, it's been nothing short of a disaster thus far. Funny enough, to start the day we were in 12th, and since we had the early fixture, the win has put us into 5th. 

What a crazy year in Ligue 1. One great team, and then a LOT of mediocre teams. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Batard said:

I'm a bit unsure what I think of the standard of football in general, I'm either getting harsher and harsher or teams are just getting worse and worse. I look at the Premier League and think it's largely woeful, loads of bang average, nothingy sides in there who aren't in a jot of danger of dropping out of the league.

But this seems to be a theme. I can't tell if something's skewing my own perception.

• The title was changed to Ligue 1 Thread - 2019/20 - PSG Champions
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived