talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 Thread - 2019/20 - PSG Champions

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lyon lose 1-0 against Montpellier

What an awful performance from all around. Arour, Depay, Dembele, and Traore were all too weak on the ball and gave the ball away way too often. 

Poor posession overall where it looked like we were rushing things instead of just working it around. Our midfield got worked by Delort which quite honestly in embarressing. The defense wasn't awful, as they did give up a penalty that wasn't coverted, and the goal that Montpellier DID score was a rather lucky shot off the bounce that goes in maybe 1 out of every 50 attempts. 

Team did look much better once Kone was sent off for his stupid...head push. Almost like they were woken up afterwards. Still though, we looked disinterested with passes and shots constantly getting blocked or broken up because of a general lack of pace. 

Very frutrated result, as Montpellier are a team we should be beating, but all around this scoreline was probably fairly accurate as Lyon were just poor. All momentum that Lyon may have had the start the league on such a flier took a massive dip tonight. This team certainly needs to clean it up on all fronts before more points are dropped. 

• Administrator

Noticed earler that PSG are without Mbappe and Cavani for the best part of next month. I know they have ridiculous strength in depth but could be a good chance for teams to capitalise on those players missing while they can.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Noticed earler that PSG are without Mbappe and Cavani for the best part of next month. I know they have ridiculous strength in depth but could be a good chance for teams to capitalise on those players missing while they can.

Don't forget they have Choupo-Moting, who sadly is made to look good in France. 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Which makes today's result even worse. If Lyon aren't second this year then it's a bad year (unless their is a Cup involved somewhere). I would stress how clear we are ahead of anyone outside of PSG, and if there is a CHANCE that PSG get dethroned this year, it'll be by a better Lyon than we saw today. 

That’s Lyon back down to earth quickly unfortunately, after reading all week how they were talked up as being able to take advantage of the mess at PSG (Not that they can’t still)

Noticed Cabaye had signed for St Etienne yesterday 

I can't understand it, but they are saying their might be homophobic chants taking place in Nice...color me shocked. 

They have unvieled a banner, but for the life of me I can't read it. 

Just now, Rick said:

Saw a banner which clearly had the word "gay" on it. What a bunch of fucking cunts, ban the lot of them.

The new owner looks fucking raging.

I saw the banner but didn't read that. 

Absolutely twats, all of them. Nice were other there trying to talk to their fans and it looks as if they were being told to 'fuck off'. How fucking naive can you be? 

Welcome to Nice, Jimmy. 

• The title was changed to Ligue 1 Thread - 2019/20 - PSG Champions
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived