• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 09: Austria

football forum

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Actually interesting qualifying. Leclerc had it in the bag all the way through. Hamilton 2nd for now but fairly likely to be penalised in my opinion. The traffic and weird tactics messed with a few people.

Gasly continuing his shocking form by qualifying behind Magnussen, Norris and both Alfa Romeos in Q3.

If Hamilton does get a 3-place penalty the top six starters will be Leclerc, Verstappen, Bottas, Magnussen, Hamilton, Norris, which would be tasty.

• Subscriber

3 place grid penalty for Hamilton. Magnussen also has a 5 place so won't get to profit from it.

The top 6 will be Leclerc, Verstappen, Bottas, Norris, Hamilton, Giovinazzi (assuming that Kimi is also hit with a 3 place penalty).

• Subscriber
On 23/06/2019 at 19:15, MUFC said:

Out of all the tracks, I feel this is Ferraris best chance of a win looking at the calendar.Turn 1 is ok, turn 2 is the slowest, rest is free-flowing with long straights. This should suit Ferrari on paper.

Oh Charles.

At least we're having a race on our hands. Either a different winner, or Lewis has to fight for it. Can't wait! And it's been a long time since I said that about an F1 race xD

• Subscriber

I think Lewis has to get Bottas from the start if he hopes to win. Although if Bottas gets tucked up behind Max and Lewis catches up he could easily pick them both off. No reason to believe Mercedes have the pace to be all over Verstappen though.

Vettel's qualifying problem has fucked him twice as much as it usually would given that he'll have to start on softs in traffic. Ferrari's numbers obviously pointed them to starting on soft tyres instead of mediums like the others. I hope this is the right call but it's Ferrari so I fully expect it to turn out that they had the pace to win easily but the call to start on softs cost them thr race.

• Subscriber

For first place to be interesting via a clean race with no SC or crashes. Max needs to take Charles at the start, the Ferrari can keep up with the RB as the race goes on which means Charles might get backed into the 2 Mercs which would be interesting. 

In my opinion if sexy Charles gets away from  Max unscathed, he should go on and win the race, unless Ferrari balls it up or he has car issues. 

Going on recent races LEwis could take Bottas at the start as his starts have been brilliant for a while.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

If Hammy is getting a 3 place grid penalty for that then Raikkonen should have a 6th place grid penalty for giving him the middle finger... :ph34r:

xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived