• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 09: Austria

football forum

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Amazing race. That move was on the edge from Max but it would be a shame to see another result changed by a penalty post-race so soon after Canada.

Wanted Charles to win so bit disappointed. Maybe I'm being biased as a result but I don't think Max left him a cars width and Charles had nowhere else to go.

Harsh move from Verstappen on Leclerc. Drove into him and robbed him of any chance of accelerating/defending out of the corner. Also, fuck the TV director for showing the Orange cheese-heads instead of the on-track action every 2 minutes. 

All in all an amazing race though. 1-2 more laps and Seb would have caught Bottas. 

• Administrator

Not seen the race, seen some comments that Max could get a penalty for the move on Leclerc to overtake as the latter went off the track? 

• Subscriber

What a great race! Feels good to be able to say that; especially after the extremely poor race last weekend at Paul Ricard. 

Mercedes overheating meant they weren't in contention today, especially after Lewis ruined his front wing/damaged his floor. They've been struggling in high altitudes and high temperatures for a while, that's definitely one of the very few weak points of their car. At any case, things will be different again at Silverstone so this doesn't change much in the big picture. 

Both Sauber cars in the points finally! Kimi showed his class defending his position numerous times; Gio had a good clean race. More of the same next time please.

McLaren pretty impressive again; especially Sainz who gained 11 positions :o  Both cars in points as well; good to see them doing well. Also shows how good their chassis is compared to Renault.

Ferrari screwed up again; they screwed Vettel with that pit stop and in the end their strategy to start on softs didn't work out as well. Otherwise they could have had a 1-2 today.

Max definitely the driver of the day, regardless if the win will be taken away from him or not. An amazing drive after poor start; he was on fire and the car was incredible as well. I was scared for a moment there when Max said on the radio that he was losing power, lucky it was only a faulty sensor and they managed to solve the issue quickly. His battle against Leclerc was fantastic; both did really well. That's racing that people want to see; hard, fascinating, wheel to wheel battles between talented drivers. Very exciting. It'd be a pity if the stewards decide to penalise Max; I can understand Leclerc's frustration and it's not an easy call for the stewards but for me it's just hard racing. 

• Subscriber

I reckon we might have a new exciting rivalry starting here between two very talented drivers; Verstappen vs Leclerc could provide us with a lot of exciting moments for years to come!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived