talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Confirmed Transfers

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, 6666 said:

On one hand it's showing that they want to push forward in a big way, on the other hand it could all turn out very Everton.

Let's hope for the latter. 

Yes, if Coutinho is counted, then Boubacar Kamara, 22, French international squad CDM was 2nd & Diego Carlos, 29, Brazilian CB, is 3rd.

Don't know too much about Kamara or Carlos.

For certain, the aim within Villa is top half & a cup run.

Top 6 does seem very strong. With a distinct 2 tier split within that. Then you have the question marks on West Ham, Leicester & Wolves. What can Newcastle do. Can Everton bounce back up.

It does increasingly seem a tough division to move upwards in.

But it is the genuine owners intent with Villa right now.

14 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Yes, if Coutinho is counted, then Boubacar Kamara, 22, French international squad CDM was 2nd & Diego Carlos, 29, Brazilian CB, is 3rd.

Don't know too much about Kamara or Carlos.

For certain, the aim within Villa is top half & a cup run.

Top 6 does seem very strong. With a distinct 2 tier split within that. Then you have the question marks on West Ham, Leicester & Wolves. What can Newcastle do. Can Everton bounce back up.

It does increasingly seem a tough division to move upwards in.

But it is the genuine owners intent with Villa right now.

they needed to act as 14th was nothing short of abject failure.  Droping 50m on 30 year olds is a win now move consequences late type statement of intent.

• Subscriber

Continho and the defender are both 29. The problem you want to avoid is ending up with a Koeman manager who is using your club as a stepping stone when they have their eyes on their dream job somewhere else in 3-5 years time. You never want to see them dropping too much money on players who are in the middle of their peak years. Even Sir Alex Ferguson was guilty of this when his retirement appeared on the horizon when he made Van Persie his number one priority. Won them the title that season but left many other problems unsolved for his successors.

Good quality signings on paper but if there's a lot of evidence of this being Gerrard's strategy in the transfer market, then approach with caution.

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Continho and the defender are both 29. The problem you want to avoid is ending up with a Koeman manager who is using your club as a stepping stone when they have their eyes on their dream job somewhere else in 3-5 years time. You never want to see them dropping too much money on players who are in the middle of their peak years. Even Sir Alex Ferguson was guilty of this when his retirement appeared on the horizon when he made Van Persie his number one priority. Won them the title that season but left many other problems unsolved for his successors.

Good quality signings on paper but if there's a lot of evidence of this being Gerrard's strategy in the transfer market, then approach with caution.

the villa squad is relatively young around a 25 average.   I do think at some point both will diminish to the mean and their salaries will become bad but these moves are moves to win now not later.

• Subscriber

Bazunu has been nothing short of brilliant for the national team, hopefully he can push on now.

Seeing as he’s just been playing in League 1 I’d imagine he’ll come in as a #2, but his performances at international level would suggest he’ll be looking to get first team minutes.

2 hours ago, Claret and Blue said:

Anywhere I've asked about him they all rate him work with 6 City lads and they all like him too. Might all be Bs we'll see if we get him suppose to be getting Bellis too 

What you reckon to him 

He looks decent against other kids

• Subscriber

This is getting increasingly grating seeing Southampton buy decent youngsters, largely fuelled by a head of recruitment who is meant to be here.

I can't believe we've accepted him staying there all summer.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

What's the story with him 

Our head of recruitment left this summer for Atalanta (though he wasn't at all rated anyway really and I think the club's lack of fight to keep him is quite telling). His replacement is Martyn Glover at Southampton, however he's still there and they're not letting him come until the end of the window.

The rebuild talk from us was a deflection tactic as I suspected. I don't expect us to make more than 3 permanent signings this summer.

There's barely even a link. Colwill from Chelsea is the first serious one and guess who else are in for him, Southampton xD

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

The rebuild talk from us was a deflection tactic as I suspected. I don't expect us to make more than 3 permanent signings this summer

Maybe the rebuild talk came at the time of thinking Glover would be here at the start of the summer...?