talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Did you go to University?

football forum

• Subscriber

Just curious who went on this thread, I went to uni myself and did a BA Honors in Human Communication. Not like it had a positive impact in the world of employment lol, Oh Dissertation. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Did they taught you to open a thread for every random thing that comes in your mind as a part of communicating ?

No but they told me to have a double wank if I get tempted. 

51 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Did they taught you to open a thread for every random thing that comes in your mind as a part of communicating ?

Teach... 

Yes I went to university for two qualifications. 

Bachelor of Sport Management (Minor in Marketing) and then later for Education (Primary).

• Administrator

Yes.

2 out of the 3 years were decent. Lost motivation during final year but still completed it.

Personally, wasn't all it was cracked up to be but c'est la vie. 

Was glad to finish and just get out and start working properly (had a job during all 3 years but only every other weekend and all summers in between.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah... 6 years in total. Enjoyed it more or less (especially the first four years for BSc) but wouldn't do it again. 

Are you a nurse lol.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Teach... 

Bachelor of Sport Management (Minor in Marketing) and then later for Education (Primary).

You know your stuff then on training and stuff?

• Subscriber

Yeah got my Bachelor's then considered an MSc but dropped the idea since work taught me a lot more than I ever learned at college. All-in-all was a good experience but would I do it again? For my PhD I'd consider it definitely.

49 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Teach... 

Someone asked me the same question earlier, so i told him wrong... when is taught used ?

1 hour ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Someone asked me the same question earlier, so i told him wrong... when is taught used ?

As a Teacher you 'Teach' as a Pupil you get 'Taught' 

The Teacher 'Taught' the children how to read for example... 

I once got seriously beaten up in public and totally humiliated... that 'Taught' me not to say No! to the wife again.. 

I have taken up self defence classes where I am 'Taught' how to look after myself after recently being beaten up while out shopping... 

I blocked 3 punches, one attempted kick and dodged a flying can of beans... that 'Taught' the wife a lesson she won't ever forget... 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I once got seriously beaten up in public and totally humiliated... that 'Taught' me not to say No! to the wife again.. 

I have taken up self defence classes where I am 'Taught' how to look after myself after recently being beaten up while out shopping... 

I blocked 3 punches, one attempted kick and dodged a flying can of beans... that 'Taught' the wife a lesson she won't ever forget... 

Or just buy this famous TF365 Book. All proceeds go to Riot Gear and face-guards.

3469vf.jpg

14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So what's wrong with ' Did they taught you ' isn't MUFC a pupil in this case ?

18 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

When it's past and you're using "did" you use the verb in present not past.

Correct:

Did you punch him?

Wrong:

Did you punched him?

8 minutes ago, Berserker said:

When it's past and you're using "did" you use the verb in present not past.

Correct:

Did you punch him?

Wrong:

Did you punched him?

This. Using the verb did makes it impossible to use the past tense of teach, in your example.

perhaps you could say “Were you taught to...?”

1 hour ago, Stick With Azeem said:

See @Berserker & @Toinho posts... 

You could have said... 

"Did they 'Teach' you to open a thread for every random thing that comes into your mind?"

or... 

"Were you 'Taught' how to open threads about every random thing that comes into your mind?"

Either way @MUFC would have been the pupil... 

For example:-

@MUFC was at a school where they 'Teach' pupils how to create threads on football forums, During his first year he was 'Taught' how to create a thread about every random thought that came into his mind... 

Looking at the way things have panned out on here I would say he probably came top of his class most years and graduated with honours.... 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Trust you to speak about punching people when using examples xD

Probably the most manliest thing he's ever done tbf.

Archived