talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship Playoff Thread

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Fulham play Sheffield Wednesday on the final day of the season which could be interesting! They're next 2 games are Leeds and Newcastle though 

Reading have some tough fixtures left - Newcastle, Leeds, Sheff Weds, Norwich & Villa all to play.

I can't see Leeds and Huddersfield being caught. 

Realistically only Fulham have a chance of catching up with the top six, and even if they don't make it this season the signs are looking positive for next year.

Personally I hope Leeds United go up. I really like the work Gary Monk's done there and we could do with some more promising British Managers in the top flight.

Top end of the table doesn't look all that interesting really. It's a big ask for Fulham to get in the play-off's but they're in good form so it could become tighter. 

I've only just paid notice to the bottom half of the table. Everyone from Nottingham Forest down are in real danger and there could be a couple of big names in League One next season. Wolves look like the foreign investment has ruined them, which is a shame. 

Massive swing today with Wednesday losing and Fulham doing Newcastle. 

Although we've been beaten by a few of them I felt we've controlled long portions of the game against Huddersfield and Leeds, even Wednesday not including today. We beat Fulham and Reading, in fact the only time I think we've been really done is Preston who've got a shout and that mess at Brentford where it was painfully obvious that our players had all just met one another. 

My prediction is:

Huddersfield 

Leeds

Wednesday 

Fulham

Preston will be next outside the zone. Leeds to win the play offs

• 1 month later...

Reading are pretty much guaranteed playoffs now. 

Huddersfield are about 1 result from it.

1 of Sheffield Wednesday, Fulham and Leeds are going to miss out.

Sheffield Wednesday play Fulham last game of the season. 

Leeds can't afford to be 3 points behind Sheffield Wednesday or 2 points behind Fulham going into the last game imo. So no room for any more slip ups like today from them.

• Subscriber

I think Fulham could win them. They play some very decent stuff.

We all know it'll be Reading. The biggest non-fixture going. Fulham isn't the most exciting either but I've never been there and it's a great away by all accounts.

I'm amazed how much Leeds are blowing this.

On 12/03/2017 at 8:25 AM, Fairy In Boots said:

Massive swing today with Wednesday losing and Fulham doing Newcastle. 

Although we've been beaten by a few of them I felt we've controlled long portions of the game against Huddersfield and Leeds, even Wednesday not including today. We beat Fulham and Reading, in fact the only time I think we've been really done is Preston who've got a shout and that mess at Brentford where it was painfully obvious that our players had all just met one another. 

My prediction is:

Huddersfield 

Leeds

Wednesday 

Fulham

Preston will be next outside the zone. Leeds to win the play offs

What a day. I got so much shit off of a Villa fan at work after we drew with you lot and deserved something too, to give you a hammering just before we sold Scott Hogan to you and Lasse Vibe kicked off with the goals again...he didn't come into work the next day xD

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Huddersfield won last night so they are confirmed in the playoffs.

Reading need 1 point.

Sheffield Wednesday & Fulham need 1 win. Bare in mind they play each other last game so it could get tasty.

will be a bit of a damp squib if Leeds don't match Fulham's result

Archived