talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Expeditions

football forum

Any of you do something like this?

I am thinking of biking up to the Hudson Bay via the James Bay highway next year. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Once every two years i try and do something of the sort but more on my feet and less on bikes. Two years ago I did a trek around the Himalayan area, I didn't want to do base-camp as that thing is fucked beyond fucked and I dont want to go anywhere near it. So instead, we did the Kedarkantha Trek which is quite lovely and a bit long but good as well. If you ever come down this way and want a moderately easy trek its good.

https://indiahikes.com/kedarkantha/

I've got Bhutan in my sights this year but I'll need two weeks out to go up there and spend some time in other areas around it as well. 

• Subscriber

You got me excited a little with the topic title there; thought it's going to be related to exploration journeys into the unknown and discoveries and scientific research xD :P 

I did a few jungle and mangrove forest treks in Cambodia but nothing too extreme.

My biggest "bucket list" item is still a lengthy trip around Southeast Asia on a motorbike.

• Subscriber

Good topic (Thread), bushwalking, I did in Australia when I was around 20 years old when we had a house right in the bush area of Victoria in Daylesford, they would tell you then not to do that but I had two dogs (Bitches) named Penny & Threepenny at that time and they were loyal as fuck, I would get up and wander around the bush, looking at old mines dug in the ground from years gone by and I loved it, Daylesford was just outside Bendigo & Ballarat.

I would wander sometimes for around 3-4 hours at a time, I would always leave 'Markers' like broken twigs where I was going so I could track back when going home but I did not need them as I would say to Penny & Threepenny " Time to go home girls" and I would just follow them back sniffing the ground and go past my broken twigs.

• Administrator

Biggest 'expedition' I did was probably October 2017 and climbing up Mount Snowdon if that counts. 

Better than I thought it'd be considering I forgot my walking shoes and there was nowhere to get any before we started walking up. So ended up wearing my Adidas NMDs xD. Thankfully wasn't too bad despite being on apparently the hardest route up. 

If wandering round Kruger Park as part of a 2-week holiday to South Africa counts then that trumps the above by some distance... 

Archived