talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Stan

football forum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many hours of football do you watch per week?

What's your happiest childhood memory?

Where do you sit on the political spectrum?

Which person that you haven't ever met in person has had the greatest influence or inspirational effect on you?

Is your name really Stan?

What is your favourite day of the week and why?

If you could go on one date with any famous woman who would it be?

• Administrator
10 hours ago, MUFC said:

Oh Stan.

:x 

9 hours ago, Toinho said:

We were so close to meeting around Christmas of 2015, do you think you dodged a bullet or are you longing for a chance to see the curls? I would like a full sentence answer please. 

I want to see all your curls. Genuinely if you're ever back in UK let me know and happy to catch up!

9 hours ago, Harry said:

How many hours of football do you watch per week?

What's your happiest childhood memory?

Where do you sit on the political spectrum?

Which person that you haven't ever met in person has had the greatest influence or inspirational effect on you?

Is your name really Stan?

What is your favourite day of the week and why?

If you could go on one date with any famous woman who would it be?

1 - hard to pin a number on it. During the regular season, it's probably a match each day on average if I've got on other plans (a few at the weekend and a few during the week). 

2 - Family holidays or seeing all family around on my birthday (It's at Christmas so there'd often be family gatherings around then).

3 - I really don't know any more. Not Tory for sure and up til recently I'd always voted Labour. Find it hard to back them though with some things these days. Brexit has had a big say in it. Ended up voting Lib Dem at last elections.

4 - Robert Winston. Loved his work on Child Development in psychology and that inspired me to study it at uni. I still find his work and research fascinating.

5 - Nope! A nickname my brother gave me thanks to Football Manager.

6 - Saturday probably. Football day for the majority of the year and just a day where I can spare time to meet people I may not have seen in a while or give some time back to myself.

7 - Roll back the years and go on one with the girl I had a crush on in school - Britney Spears xD (when she wasn't crazy, mind). 

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

You come across as a gent, real ladies man. So why did you punch Urika?

Thanks.

She put the milk in first when she made tea. 

You are the pilot of a plane that is about to crash unless you balance the weight by throwing one of these passengers out of the plane, Toinho, Bluewolf, Blue and SirBalon. Who would you pick and why ?

You woke up and realized you have turned into a female by a curse, the only way to break the curse and turn back to male is to have sex with one of the male members of TF365. Who would you pick and why ?

As a British-Indian how do you feel about the negative parts of the British colonization of India ?

One overrated and underrated Pakistani cricketer could be all time or the ones you've seen ?

Tigris or Euphrates ?

Mussolini or Francisco Franco ?

Lion or Tiger ?

Paris or Rome ?

Algeria or Morocco ?

Vanilla or Chocolate ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcWK4vNhMShzlU0PUEUGS

Guess the personality !

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Michael Simeonovitch said:

Why did you ban me from TFF ?

Homophobic remarks if I remember correctly.

3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Have you ever been to Grimsby?
Do you like fish?
What statistic would you like to know about your life?

Nope, never been!

Yep, many different kinds - salmon is the favourite. Also like plaice, tilapia, cod, haddock, hake, pollock, seabass. Can't think of others but sure there's more.

3 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

You are the pilot of a plane that is about to crash unless you balance the weight by throwing one of these passengers out of the plane, Toinho, Bluewolf, Blue and SirBalon. Who would you pick and why ?

SirBalon - while we're all getting on with surviving he'll be explaining different ways to do it so to save our ears, he'll have to go. The weight of his words can be very heavy. 

You woke up and realized you have turned into a female by a curse, the only way to break the curse and turn back to male is to have sex with one of the male members of TF365. Who would you pick and why ?

SirBalon if he survives the crash - bet he looks sexy in his chinos and boat shoes.

As a British-Indian how do you feel about the negative parts of the British colonization of India ?

I'll be honest, I don't know that much about it. I'm more clued up about my parents' era of moving to Africa for work etc then coming up to UK than I do about the colonisation of India several decades ago.

One overrated and underrated Pakistani cricketer could be all time or the ones you've seen ?

Inzamam-ul-Haq I think was over-rated. Perhaps he was given more credit due to his size but don't think he was anything special.
I think current players like Fakhar Zaman & Babar Azam don't get enough credit. I like the way they play.

Tigris or Euphrates ?

Euphrates.

Mussolini or Francisco Franco ?

Mussolini

Lion or Tiger ?

Lion

Paris or Rome ?

Rome (never been to either, would prefer Rome over Paris to visit).

Algeria or Morocco ?

Morocco (have been here, not Algeria).

Vanilla or Chocolate ?

Chocolate

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcWK4vNhMShzlU0PUEUGS

Guess the personality !

Harry Truman. 

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Eco said:

How familiar are you with with Mrs. Cannabis? 

Does Mercedes make F1 boring? 

If you could learn any language, what would it be and why? 

Very. I see her on Tuesdays and Fridays. @DeadLinesman has her booked in on some other days. 

Right now, yes. Some might say that it's no different to Schumacher winning his Championships all those years ago; it's very different! He had some competition and there were some phenomenal races between Ferrari & McLaren (Hakkinen, mainly). Maybe it's not all Mercedes' fault - the lack of competition from other big teams you'd expect to see up there is worrying too. It begs the question on how long will their dominance prevail for? It's like Bayern and Juve in their respective football leagues at the moment.

Spanish, properly. I've got a grasp on some words purely because of how many times I've been to the country. But no grasp on grammar, sentences, semantics etc...

23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Do you think the modern youth ( teens/youngsters/kids ) or whatever it is that's socially acceptable to call them these days have any respect for the older generation??

Yes. Largely the case that they do. But you get some utter imbeciles thinking they know everything and have no respect for anyone, let alone older generation. It's shit to see kids have no direction or purpose in life other than being an idiot 99% of the time but all the blame can't be pinned on the kids; you have to think of the families they're brought up in to and the environment they live in. If they live in a shithole with a broken family their chances to break out of that themselves is very difficult. 

• Subscriber
  1. If you didn't support Leicester who would you want to support instead? (Doesn't have to be from England)
  2. I don't know how old you were when you left Africa but what was the one thing you liked most about the place?
  3. If you're offered to fix one prevalent issue with society today what would it be and why?
  4. Best stadium you've been to in your life. Doesn't have to be restricted to football.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:
  1. If you didn't support Leicester who would you want to support instead? (Doesn't have to be from England)
  2. I don't know how old you were when you left Africa but what was the one thing you liked most about the place?
  3. If you're offered to fix one prevalent issue with society today what would it be and why?
  4. Best stadium you've been to in your life. Doesn't have to be restricted to football.

1 - Probably end up being Luton, really. I've lived in Bedford pretty much all my life and they're the nearest professional club to us (before MK Dons existed). I follow other clubs across Europe but I'd want to support a club I could realistically go and watch regularly.

2 - I've never lived there mate. My dad was born in Kenya and moved to UK in late 60s; mum born in India and moved to UK early 70s. It was my dad's family that moved from India to Kenya shortly before he was born then they gradually came to UK across 60s/70s. I have only been to Africa twice (Morocco & South Africa) so I could answer what I liked the most about those places...

3 - Very good question. Purely because I work with families that are involved in it right now, it would be poverty. Some families I see and visit I really feel for them but can't be too emotionally attached to it; for most I see it's not their fault and they've been screwed over by the system. The ones I feel sorry for the most are the young children in those families. It's not their fault they were born in to it yet they seem to suffer the most and get hit the hardest. 

4 - In terms of atmosphere, Vicente Calderon seeing Atletico Madrid vs Malaga in 2012. In terms of history, it'd have to be Old Trafford, Wembley (old one) or Lords. Hard to just pick one!

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

2 - I've never lived there mate. My dad was born in Kenya and moved to UK in late 60s; mum born in India and moved to UK early 70s. It was my dad's family that moved from India to Kenya shortly before he was born then they gradually came to UK across 60s/70s. I have only been to Africa twice (Morocco & South Africa) so I could answer what I liked the most about those places...

I probably read it wrong. What did you like about those two places? I've been to both so curious what you liked about them.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I probably read it wrong. What did you like about those two places? I've been to both so curious what you liked about them.

Morocco - the people were very friendly. Food was amazing and some of the riyads we visited were beautiful. We ate in one which was quite secluded and from the outside you'd not have realised how beautiful it is inside. We had tagines inside for food and they were delicious. Very cheap there in the hotel we stayed at. For a 5 night stay at an all-inclusive high-end resort it only amounted to approximately £55/night. Ridiculously good price for the service and variety we got there.

South Africa - so much to mention. Baby lion sanctuary in Lanseria, Kruger Park ( :x), Nelspruit, the friendly and welcoming locals, the crocodile park near Tongaat in Durban, the straight roads to drive on from Durban up to Nelspruit. My favourites were probably the animal-based visits - Lanseria, Kruger & wild crocodiles. For the latter we booked to go to the crocodile zoo, got friendly with the owner and he took us to the wild area that backs on to the zoo where there were about 200+ wild crocodiles just roaming around; he let us go in with him to just walk with them and be in their environment. Proper surreal experience. Lanseria was amazing - the sanctuary we went too had baby lion cubs, baby panthers and wild baby tigers. Not every day you get to interact with them and play with those kind of wild animals. Kruger Park is just a sensational place to explore and experience. We were lucky to see the big 5 as apparently it's rare to do so all in one day. Always loved elephants so to see those close up in the wild too was surreal. We saw a couple of lions who had just finished mating (it was that season) and they were just lying on the side of the road so got very good views being close up with them. The vastness of the place was hard to fathom. There's a point where we got taken up on a hill and 360 degrees looking around was all Kruger Park reaching the horizon. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Morocco - the people were very friendly. Food was amazing and some of the riyads we visited were beautiful. We ate in one which was quite secluded and from the outside you'd not have realised how beautiful it is inside. We had tagines inside for food and they were delicious. Very cheap there in the hotel we stayed at. For a 5 night stay at an all-inclusive high-end resort it only amounted to approximately £55/night. Ridiculously good price for the service and variety we got there.

South Africa - so much to mention. Baby lion sanctuary in Lanseria, Kruger Park ( :x), Nelspruit, the friendly and welcoming locals, the crocodile park near Tongaat in Durban, the straight roads to drive on from Durban up to Nelspruit. My favourites were probably the animal-based visits - Lanseria, Kruger & wild crocodiles. For the latter we booked to go to the crocodile zoo, got friendly with the owner and he took us to the wild area that backs on to the zoo where there were about 200+ wild crocodiles just roaming around; he let us go in with him to just walk with them and be in their environment. Proper surreal experience. Lanseria was amazing - the sanctuary we went too had baby lion cubs, baby panthers and wild baby tigers. Not every day you get to interact with them and play with those kind of wild animals. Kruger Park is just a sensational place to explore and experience. We were lucky to see the big 5 as apparently it's rare to do so all in one day. Always loved elephants so to see those close up in the wild too was surreal. We saw a couple of lions who had just finished mating (it was that season) and they were just lying on the side of the road so got very good views being close up with them. The vastness of the place was hard to fathom. There's a point where we got taken up on a hill and 360 degrees looking around was all Kruger Park reaching the horizon. 

Surprised you didn't head up to Kenya with the vast experiences you had in South Africa. If you're ever down in India and want a similarly surreal experience try two nights out in the Sunderbans. When they take you on mangrove walks its both scary as well as challenging because every step feels like you're sinking into quick-sand and they later tell you that all the mud is actually just kept afloat by water so if you really slip it can be almost fatal (glad they dont mention this at the start of the trip) and then the night rides watching jellyfish radiate in the water as well. The view is just surreal from a boat. So many good things to say about that trip even if we did spend most of it just going about the mangroves and almost getting lost too. Not a luxury trip btw.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Surprised you didn't head up to Kenya with the vast experiences you had in South Africa. If you're ever down in India and want a similarly surreal experience try two nights out in the Sunderbans. When they take you on mangrove walks its both scary as well as challenging because every step feels like you're sinking into quick-sand and they later tell you that all the mud is actually just kept afloat by water so if you really slip it can be almost fatal (glad they dont mention this at the start of the trip) and then the night rides watching jellyfish radiate in the water as well. The view is just surreal from a boat. So many good things to say about that trip even if we did spend most of it just going about the mangroves and almost getting lost too. Not a luxury trip btw.

Don't mind a bit of exploration as long as I'm prepared!

That jellyfish thing sounds pretty cool.

We were in SA for 2 weeks only (myself and 2 mates from work) and had planned our trip quite succinctly. Have wanted to go to Kenya as my dad's not been back since coming to UK but have heard it's quite dangerous for the most part. Apparently should only go with trusted guides who know locals just for your own safety.

• Subscriber

Whereabouts were you born?

How did you end up supporting Leicester?

What's the best memory from your childhood?

What was the best day of your life?

What is your most memorable moment, post or thread on TFF or TF365?

If you entered the Olympics, which event would you be doing?

What is the worst thing you've ever done?

What is/are the hardest drugs you've ever taken?

• Administrator
On 26/06/2019 at 20:35, RandoEFC said:

Whereabouts were you born?

How did you end up supporting Leicester?

What's the best memory from your childhood?

What was the best day of your life?

What is your most memorable moment, post or thread on TFF or TF365?

If you entered the Olympics, which event would you be doing?

What is the worst thing you've ever done?

What is/are the hardest drugs you've ever taken?

1 - Ashford, Kent.

2 - Through my dad and brother. He and my dad took me to a match when I was around 7 and never looked back.

3 - Similar to Harry's question earlier and a similar answer therefore - family time and family gatherings. We would often go to my uncle's house in Leicester for Diwali each year and I fondly remember just enjoying the couple of nights we'd spend there with my cousins and other family - we're all of a fairly similar age so we got on quite well as we all grew up. At Christmas time with my immediate family as well would always be special not only because it's my brithday at that time too - as I'm much older now it's a time to look back on in a very fond way because you begin to appreciate how important it is to enjoy time with your family - the company, the food & drink, the games, the films/tv programmes in the evening stuffing our faces even more. 

4 - Being with my dad and brother to see us win the league in 2016. Could see the emotion in all our faces almost in disbelief that it had actually happened but it was just special to experience that whole season and that momentous day of seeing us lifting the trophy with them. 

5 - Tough one, this! I think @The Palace Fan's Dwight Yorke post goes down in folklore. Possibly closely followed by @Devil-Dick Willie's eating ashes post.

6 - Probably 100m race or 110m hurdles. Those were the ones I was good at back in school. If not a track event, then badminton as I loved that and still enjoy playing it. 

7 - As best man for my brother's wedding, forgetting the evening suits for myself and him on the day of travelling up for the wedding. Luckily there was a big enough gap between the Indian wedding finishing & reception starting so I went back home from Wolverhampton with a family friend and came back just in time. 

7 - Only weed. Never had anything stronger/harder and don't have any plans to either.

• The topic was locked

Archived