talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Stan

football forum

• Subscriber

Favourite club team to watch in Germany?

Where else in the world could you see yourself living if you had the chance?

What is at the top of your list to still travel to?

What other sports do you follow?

What other hobbies do you have?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • What's your most embarrassing moment in your life where you thought "Please lord bury me"... Tell all!
  • For whatever reason (an important one maybe), have you ever had to be a hypocrite and pretend to like someone or agree with something you are against.
  • Have you ever cheated on your (or a) partner?
  • Apart from Leicester City or the England national side...  What's the most excited you have ever been in a football match where you went unusually mental?
  • If you were to move away from the UK, where would be your favoured place to go and live?
  • If you could change something about the area and people where you live, what would it be?
  • Do you have a phobia, if so what is it?
  • If reincarnation exists and you couldn't come back as a human being but could choose what to return as, what would it be?
  • Have you ever envied someone, if yes, why and whom?
  • Even if totally out of the ordinary (or it may not be out of the ordinary), what would be your dream job or maybe owning some sort of business...  Tell us about your thoughts on that.
  • If you wasn't you, but you were introduced to you and due to shared friends you suddenly started to see more of you...  What would be your thoughts on you and would you make a close friendship with you?  In total...  What would be the resume you think others that know you, think. 
  • Who's your favourite player of all time?

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Favourite club team to watch in Germany?

Where else in the world could you see yourself living if you had the chance?

What is at the top of your list to still travel to?

What other sports do you follow?

What other hobbies do you have?

1 - Previous to this season just gone, it was Borussia Dortmund. But having watched Eintracht Frankfurt and especially their European exploits they've been exciting and entertaining.

2 - Spain. Been there enough times with family so have got used to being around the area near Fuengirola.

3 - Italy, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, New York, Japan, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Caribbean, Monaco, China. It's quite a long list xD 

4 - Cricket, Tennis, F1, Rugby Union mainly.

5 - Recently I've got a new-found appreciation of just walking around the countryside and enjoying scenery and what nature has to offer. It can be quite therapeutic and relaxing and also good exercise along with it. 

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, SirBalon said:
  • What's your most embarrassing moment in your life where you thought "Please lord bury me"... Tell all!
  • For whatever reason (an important one maybe), have you ever had to be a hypocrite and pretend to like someone or agree with something you are against.
  • Have you ever cheated on your (or a) partner?
  • Apart from Leicester City or the England national side...  What's the most excited you have ever been in a football match where you went unusually mental?
  • If you were to move away from the UK, where would be your favoured place to go and live?
  • If you could change something about the area and people where you live, what would it be?
  • Do you have a phobia, if so what is it?
  • If reincarnation exists and you couldn't come back as a human being but could choose what to return as, what would it be?
  • Have you ever envied someone, if yes, why and whom?
  • Even if totally out of the ordinary (or it may not be out of the ordinary), what would be your dream job or maybe owning some sort of business...  Tell us about your thoughts on that.
  • If you wasn't you, but you were introduced to you and due to shared friends you suddenly started to see more of you...  What would be your thoughts on you and would you make a close friendship with you?  In total...  What would be the resume you think others that know you, think. 
  • Who's your favourite player of all time?

1 - See above to @RandoEFC's question! I wanted the ground to swallow me up or wake up thinking it was all a dream when I found out the suits were still at home.

2 - I have to pretend to like some people I work with and people who's tenancies I manage - just part and parcel of the job role. I won't be the first and certainly won't be the last.

3 - Nope. Never. I find cheating a cowardly act of a human being.

4 - Funnily enough probably the Atletico Madrid vs Malaga match I mentioned earlier too. Just got caught up in the atmosphere of it all and it was fantastic. Gotta celebrate a last-minute winner!

5 - Spain as per @Viva la FCB question :) 

6 - There's a neighbour near us who have dogs and apparently breeds them for fighting. They bark loud in to the night aggressively for any given reason and it's fucking annoying. They need to be shot. Then the neighbour can be shot too for being a dick about it.

7 - Spiders. Can't stand the fuckers.

8 - Elephant. Who doesn't love a baby elephant?! Cute as fuck.

9 - Envy is a strong word as I've always been satisfied with what I have in life - I don't envy famous people as we only see snapshots of their lives. Probably envy their bank balance if anything xD 

10 - Dream job as a kid has always been to be a professional footballer. If I had to own a business, it'd be in some robotics or some digital new age product which will prepare us for the modern technological age we're about to adorn fairly soon I'd say. Something that would be reusable for decades or generations. I heard (on Top Gear I think?) that Elon Musk (Tesla guy) has built several factories for batteries/charging points for his cars knowing full well other companies will be bigger and better in the electric car market than he/Tesla will be - but those companies will need to buy stock/accessories from somewhere or manufacture stuff somewhere so they'll come to him for where the factories are. It's that kind of innovative thinking I don't have but wouldn't mind having!

11 - If I saw me I'd tell 'me' not to be too nice and be more of a cunt where necessary xD. I'd make a close friendship because I'd see someone who listens, understands, is caring and attentive and is also quite down to earth. 

12 - I always answer this in 2 parts. When it comes to Leicester players - Muzzy Izzet. Non-Leicester player would be Lionel Messi.

• Administrator
23 hours ago, Toinho said:

What’s your favourite thing about England?

What’s your least favourite thing about England?

Favourite - So many places in the country that have so many various things to offer; London, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds in terms of big city life and tourist attractions. Peak/Lake District & Pennines (never been but would like to), Cotswolds etc for trips away with family or friends. Even smaller, lesser-known places like when I went to a village near Halifax to see a school friend a couple of weekends ago have so much to offer in terms of walking routes, pubs & countryside with scenic views. On top of this, it can be so easy to get to these places within a few hours or less by car/train. The other favourite thing obviously being to be able to watch Leicester regularly which isn't so far away from me as well. 

Least favourite would have to be how the country is after Brexit - the political divides filtering down in to every-day society. Furthermore it doesn't seem like there's an answer to it or any way of going back to how it was before 2016 where it was less obvious.

• Subscriber

I can remember when I first joined and you had Vardy in your Avatar, hats off to you for replacing it with Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha who died in the tragic helicopter accident and it's been there ever since. :ay:   

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Have you ever bought a pair of underpants that you were amazed at the deal you got with such luxurious texture and touch to the fingertips?

Yep. The ones I'm wearing right now. Not just the fingertips it feels nice on. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I can remember when I first joined and you had Vardy in your Avatar, hats off to you for replacing it with Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha who died in the tragic helicopter accident and it's been there ever since. :ay:   

:). It still saddens me somewhat to this day just how tragic it was.

• Administrator
Just now, Pyfish said:

If you could go to lunch with a goalkeeper, defender, midfielder and a striker who has played for Leicester, who would be attending, and where would you go?

GK - Gordon Banks (if he was still alive) - purely to get a perspective of someone who won a World Cup while playing with Leicester and also to get an idea of what it was like to play in that era/generation and also against players at that time. If it was someone who is still around then it'd be Kasper Schmeichel.

DF - Wes Morgan - I'd ask him endless questions about being captain of that 15/16 league-winning side and also about Ranieri, favourite moments, the rest of that squad etc...

MF & ST - Muzzy Izzet & Emile Heskey - the phrase 'never meet your heroes' comes to mind but I've already met Muzzy and it was a delight to do so. Never met Heskey but these 2 were arguably the best players at the club when I first started watching Leicester so to meet them both properly and spend proper time with them would be an honour. 

In terms of location - I'd offer 2 options and let them choose. One would be my favourite restaurant in Bedford, called Three Rooms. The other would be Hutong in The Shard in London. Amazing food and superb views. 

31 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep. The ones I'm wearing right now. Not just the fingertips it feels nice on. 

I need a picture because as you know I’m a bit of a fashion critic. Trust me, it’s professional. ;)

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I need a picture because as you know I’m a bit of a fashion critic. Trust me, it’s professional. ;)

Check your PMs. 

• The topic was locked

Archived