talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nantes FC New Logo

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Other than vanity can someone explain to me why the lines in all these new logos have no life in them and seem to be more designed around font-designing versus actual log designing? I mean they've lost the ship and the nice football on the crest to make it look more digital imo and that's just horrible.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Other than vanity can someone explain to me why the lines in all these new logos have no life in them and seem to be more designed around font-designing versus actual log designing? I mean they've lost the ship and the nice football on the crest to make it look more digital imo and that's just horrible.

Guessing it affects manufacturing and mass production.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Guessing it affects manufacturing and mass production.

Think that was the reasoning last time but I think it has to probably do a lot more with this minimal digital design thing going around now. Plus, I'd imagine these clubs are trying to cater to a younger generation too and I can't remember seeing a logo in the recent past that looked intricate without some kind of symmetry or geometry in it. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Unrelated, but

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Michael Simeonovitch said:

Unrelated, but

Thanks for that its actually quite relevant just because it highlights current design trends and what shops are trending towards not just in the digital space but all design spaces. I remember the huss and fuss about the death of skeuomorphism and I actually liked that they got rid of those horrible icons and went in favor of a more clean look. Does it work for everything? Don't really know but I'd imagine in this case its just a matter of following trends more than anything else.

Hate this sort of thing, trying to gain the world by selling your soul. I honestly think badges are a really underappreciated part of a football club's identity, some of them are layered with history, tradition and meaning that tell you so much about them (ours isn't the best but at least you get the county symbol and the town's motto). Some of the more recent updates have been decent jobs - Man City's is miles better than the old one, as is Chelsea's; but things like Juve and Nantes are more akin to the Nike Swoosh or the three Adidas stripes, hollow shite that just screams desperation and money and fame no matter what it costs you.

Archived