talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Outdoors, Wilderness & Survival Skills

football forum

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

@nudge have you ever been on a float plane? When this pandemic ends had the idea of going somewhere remote for camping via a float plane, though I still have to look into the logistics of it all.

No, never had the opportunity. Outside of the regular commercial planes I´ve only ever flew on a helicopter, aerobatic plane and a light sport aircraft. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nudge said:

No, never had the opportunity. Outside of the regular commercial planes I´ve only ever flied on a helicopter, aerobatic plane and a light sport aircraft. 

Maybe it's just a Canadian thing to ask. We have too many damn lakes that makes it perfect for Float Plane travel.

Look how many damn lakes xD

87ececfdf8957e97df8e3bb8fede2cf3.png

If you zoom it in, it's even worse!

0c50e05ce96bfffc829208b55dccc3a1.jpg

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

No, never had the opportunity. Outside of the regular commercial planes I´ve only ever flied on a helicopter, aerobatic plane and a light sport aircraft. 

Pretty impressive... B|

I once flew a paper aeroplane that made it halfway down the garden... It's times like these I sometimes think that my life's work has been wasted a tad.. 

The older I get, the less I want to be around people. I’m a massive introvert, I have hated every city that I’ve ever visited, and nothing more appeals to me that going to live in a cabin by the woods and live off the land.

Somewhere like Wyoming or Montana would be amazing. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Pretty impressive... B|

I once flew a paper aeroplane that made it halfway down the garden... It's times like these I sometimes think that my life's work has been wasted a tad.. 

All mostly just short demo flights though... The aerobatic one was very cool as I was just a kid back then and it was piloted by the winner of many European and World aerobatics championships, he offered those demo flights during an airshow so we took the chance; it lasted only around  20 minutes or so but also included a few maneuvers so the adrenaline rush was amazing. One of my best childhood memories for sure! We did the helicopter demo flight with friends during an army show of sorts and then later I took a short tour on one in Thailand. The light sport aircraft flight was a gift; pretty cool as they even let you pilot it for a few minutes haha.

18 minutes ago, Rick said:

The older I get, the less I want to be around people. I’m a massive introvert, I have hated every city that I’ve ever visited, and nothing more appeals to me that going to live in a cabin by the woods and live off the land.

Somewhere like Wyoming or Montana would be amazing. 

If you like lots of sunlight, Yukon and Alaska are better than Wyoming and Montana, though those aren't bad options. Yellowstone park I hear is wonderful.

• 2 months later...
On 31/03/2020 at 20:12, Inti Brian said:

Maybe it's just a Canadian thing to ask. We have too many damn lakes that makes it perfect for Float Plane travel.

Look how many damn lakes xD

87ececfdf8957e97df8e3bb8fede2cf3.png

If you zoom it in, it's even worse!

0c50e05ce96bfffc829208b55dccc3a1.jpg

And you don't go fishing? You are crazy in my mind xD

Some huge fish lurking in those lakes as well.

8 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I say that(above) and then read this. Definitely worth it mate.

What fishing rod would you recommend? I know nothing so I want to start with a good and affordable one.

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Went for a short forest hike today, stumbled upon a huge area full of mushrooms... Picked up a batch for dinner. No idea how they are called in English, but they are glorious...

IMG_20200917_174251-01-01.jpeg

IMG_20200917_174143-01-01.jpeg

Yea, we call them mushrooms over here as well... B|

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's a good thing we agreed that I'm responsible for food while you build the shelter, and not the other way around 😂

@nudge are they called Porcini??? 

A meaty mushroom similar to the portobello, the porcini is often used in Italian cuisine. It's slightly nutty and creamy and has an aroma that has been likened to sourdough. Light brown in color, porcinis can range from one inch to 10 inches across. They're sold fresh, dried and canned. If you're using dried porcinis, soak them in hot water for at least 15 minutes before cooking with them. Porcini

5b9def8b250000320036a6a5.jpeg?ops=scalefit_960_noupscale

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

@nudge are they called Porcini??? 

A meaty mushroom similar to the portobello, the porcini is often used in Italian cuisine. It's slightly nutty and creamy and has an aroma that has been likened to sourdough. Light brown in color, porcinis can range from one inch to 10 inches across. They're sold fresh, dried and canned. If you're using dried porcinis, soak them in hot water for at least 15 minutes before cooking with them. Porcini

5b9def8b250000320036a6a5.jpeg?ops=scalefit_960_noupscale

Yes, Google told me I can call them boletus, porcini or penny bun... 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

They do look delicious. 

I made some mushroom risotto the other day, and would have loved some to add to it! 

I just keep it simple, fry them in butter together with diced onion and season with some salt, pepper and parsley. Perfection :x

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Also  a sauce fund of it  of them in a  dark cream sauce and use it with a few of them as a crêpes filling. Thank me later.

You won't believe it but I am one of those people who don't really like crepes 🙈 otherwise, sounds fantastic... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Yep, so do we :whistling:

Nah, googling your photo it came up as Bolete It can be identified thanks to a unique mushroom cap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolete

I do love mushrooms and when Liz makes Bolognaise she loves adding button mushrooms to the meal or if she makes some pork chops or steak I have to have mushrooms with the meal. 

Archived