talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dani Ceballos

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I just think it’s strange how the goalposts for Arsenal’s ambition shifted once Wenger was finally out.

And yeah you wouldn’t have been the first side with a great attack and a shit defense that approaches a match with a big club as an opportunity to try to win in a shootout. Rather than to set up shop with a shit defense and play in a way that highlights none of the side’s strengths.

How did the goalposts shift?

They only shifted for your typical fool of which we have many these days like those that "believe" in Brexit. Sorry for brigning that up but believe me, it's very apt.

Wenger was blatantly and statistically dragging us back year by year and that has stopped. It hasn't exactly stopped via mathematical numbers, but as an end to a road. You have failed to take into account the whole 90 minutes and in football that's important unless you're a "resultadista" of which I'm not. The game, had we been clinical, wouldve been more testing for you than for us because we're not expected to win the title, or we're not one of the favourites. You're under pressure to turn games into results, not us. You have to win the title mate, you, Liverpool, Klopp will be nudged on that, we won't be judged come May on the Anflied result. Why? Because we're building... Remember when you were that club? I do. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

How did the goalposts shift?

They only shifted for your typical fool of which we have many these days like those that "believe" in Brexit. Sorry for brigning that up but believe me, it's very apt.

Wenger was blatantly and statistically dragging us back year by year and that has stopped. It hasn't exactly stopped via mathematical numbers, but as an end to a road. You have failed to take into account the whole 90 minutes and in football that's important unless you're a "resultadista" of which I'm not. The game, had we been clinical, wouldve been more testing for you than for us because we're not expected to win the title, or we're not one of the favourites. You're under pressure to turn games into results, not us. You have to win the title mate, you, Liverpool, Klopp will be nudged on that, we won't be judged come May on the Anflied result. Why? Because we're building... Remember when you were that club? I do. 

Yeah but I don’t remember us taking the Fat Sam approach. I don’t think Emery is the man long term for Arsenal based off the kinds of performances against the top 6. If he was hired as a stop gap to “steady the ship” then fair enough, although I question appointing a stop gap after following up on a manager they gave a very very long term project to.

I understand you’re in a rebuild. I just don’t see what you’re building looking any better than what Wenger built. Even though I think the attacking talent at the club is up there with the best in the league (you had one of the 3 golden boot winners after all).

• Subscriber

Arsenal will probably batter most of the non-top 6 teams to be honest, especially when Pepe and Ceballos have all had time to click, and Tierney coming in as well. Really should be able to get in the top four without much hassle when you look at Chelsea and United's starts. Arsenal just need to improve their away form from bad to average and they should be in there.

I stand by what I said in the match thread about how they approached the Liverpool game though.

I think how they performed in the second half against Tottenham underscores what we said in their match against us regarding Emery's tactics.

Ironically I saw someone who defended the tactics against us blaming Emery's for that draw against Spurs... so maybe Arsenal fans just see the world differently. I don't know how you blame a manager's tactics for a game where over the 90 minutes you probably could have won but for the individual errors of your (shite) defenders. But the tactics were much better against Spurs, particularly in that second half.

• 2 weeks later...

“Emery knows me well and wants me to show my personality, my desire to learn. I’m still young. I’m passionate about football. I can play as a 10 or an 8, but I feel the responsibility of leading, wanting the ball in difficult moments, not hiding, getting the team playing. That’s what separates the really good players. It’s about saying ‘I’m here’ when the team needs you.

Interview with Sid Lowe...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/12/dani-ceballos-arsenal-real-madrid-hardly-any-difference-anfield

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With Emery as the manager, we're unlikely to see the best of Ceballos. Talented player but in a system where attacking midfielders that play centrally aren't welcome, he's not going to have much of a chance to influence the game.

Caballos is such a talented player and one that we can benefit from tremendously which is all lost with Emery. It's obvious Unai Emery knows of his natural value because he uses him, although it's also plain to see that he doesn't understand the complexity involved in formulating and designing a complexed midfield so as to outfox our opponents.

From going to the games at The Emirates the main thing that pulls me towards wanting Dani to be formally one of ours is that he has a big connection with the fans and he responds to us by gesticulating to the stands and pushing us to pull the team through. It's been a short spell as an Arsenal footballer for him but he is officially a player that connects with our supporters.

19 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Caballos is such a talented player and one that we can benefit from tremendously which is all lost with Emery. It's obvious Unai Emery knows of his natural value because he uses him, although it's also plain to see that he doesn't understand the complexity involved in formulating and designing a complexed midfield so as to outfox our opponents.

From going to the games at The Emirates the main thing that pulls me towards wanting Dani to be formally one of ours is that he has a big connection with the fans and he responds to us by gesticulating to the stands and pushing us to pull the team through. It's been a short spell as an Arsenal footballer for him but he is officially a player that connects with our supporters.

Course he connects with your supporters, he’s been gash :ph34r:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He has actually been pretty decent since the restart, another year on loan with a potential option to buy would be smart. Not totally convinced by him still and wouldn't be too upset if he didn't come back, but as long as the loan fee isn't too high it could be a solid deal. 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.02eb8f78063b908c7b7f1ad78005764e.png

Real Madrid are very close to approving a year-long extension of Dani Ceballos’ loan at Arsenal, according to Spanish journalist David Vinuesa Malbac. 

Dani Ceballos signed for Arsenal on loan from Real Madrid last summer. He did not have much of an impact on the club for much of the season and played less than expected due to a lack of form and injuries. (GOONER TALK)Arrow.png.867e919d2c25f2827b83c1f94011542f.png

• 5 weeks later...

Great news. We can't afford to lose him. He had a mixed season, but he was one of our best players post-lockdown and losing him would take us backwards. You can see that Arteta really believes in him and he understands how Arteta wants to play.

Archived