talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Most Talented F1 Driver?

football forum

Who is the most talented F1 Driver (all things being equal)  

9 members have voted

1. 1. If all Drivers were in the same car, who do you think would win?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Antonio Giovinazzi
    • Sebastian Vettel
    • Charles Leclerc
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Lando Norris
    • Carlos Sainz Jr
    • Sergio Perez
    • Lance Stroll
    • Pierre Gasly
    • Max Verstappen
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Alexander Albon
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • George Russell
    • Robert Kubica

Okay - so I know there could have only been 5 or so drivers listed for the most talented, but I'm curious as to who you believe to have the most talent in the F1 circuit and why? 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
26 minutes ago, Eco said:

@Stan - Did you change the poll? 

I listed all of the drivers, but only half are showing up. If you click edit poll, you'll see it even says I listed 20 drivers. 

Nope, not touched it. Only just logged in now and seen it (and voted). 

• Subscriber

Talent is hard to measure... I'd say Lewis Hamilton, followed by Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc. Lewis is the best driver without any doubts; Max and Charles definitely have potential to be as good as him (or even better) but both still need a few years to mature and prove it. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nope, not touched it. Only just logged in now and seen it (and voted). 

Maybe @Rab can have a look then? 

I entered all 20 drivers, but only 10 are showing up. When I edit, it still says I put all 20, but it has hidden numbers 2-10. 

See Below. 

image.png.f12e78788076e5d91963e2d2ed081e6f.png

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Maybe @Rab can have a look then? 

I entered all 20 drivers, but only 10 are showing up. When I edit, it still says I put all 20, but it has hidden numbers 2-10. 

See Below. 

image.png.f12e78788076e5d91963e2d2ed081e6f.png

They all should be there now showing. Had to delete all the rows and start again. Kept Hamilton in as he had a vote but Kyvat's vote will have to be redone. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

They all should be there now showing. Had to delete all the rows and start again. Kept Hamilton in as he had a vote but Kyvat's vote will have to be redone. 

Cheers sir!

Wanted to make sure @Tommy didn't come hunt be down since Sebs wasn't on the list. 

I wanted to put Max, because I think he's a great driver, and I think the top 4 drivers on talent are Lewis, Charles, Max, and Ricciardo. Put Max in a car comparable to a Mercedes and I think it's game on. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Cheers sir!

Wanted to make sure @Tommy didn't come hunt be down since Sebs wasn't on the list. 

Seb has his weaknesses, and his strengths. Unfortunately the last few years he was only able to show his weaknesses most of the time, of course because of Ferrari as well. Hamilton is up there for sure, even if he never really had an inferior car to drive. But talent-wise, I think Verstappen is a different category. He's carrying Red Bull alone this season. Charles is surely extremely gifted as well, as the junior categories and his first year and a half in F1 showed. 

Hülkenberg is probably the most unfulfilled promise in Formula 1. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I wanted to put Max, because I think he's a great driver, and I think the top 4 drivers on talent are Lewis, Charles, Max, and Ricciardo. Put Max in a car comparable to a Mercedes and I think it's game on. 

I would love to see Max in a Mercedes as Lewis' teammate. 

Just now, nudge said:

I would love to see Max in a Mercedes as Lewis' teammate. 

I don't think that'll happen though. I can imagine that Lewis would walk away from Mercedes or F1 altogether then. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I don't think that'll happen though. I can imagine that Lewis would walk away from Mercedes or F1 altogether then. 

I don't think it'll happen either but I'd love to see it nevertheless! :P 

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Guys, remember the young man who won in a Toro Rosso?!?!?!?! Their first and only victory to date! 

Don't forget, okay? Thank you. 

My god he looks so young. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Eco said:

I think Max is making a case this year. 

I'd love to see him and Lewis go head-to-head at Merc, and I wouldn't be able to vote against Max. 

Max's talent has been clear for years, the difference this year is his maturity mostly.

Putting him in a Mercedes head to head with Lewis would certainly be very interesting but still wouldn't tell which one of them has more of the natural raw talent as such. Max is still very young and is getting stronger and stronger as he becomes more experienced and mature whereas Lewis is over 10 years older than him and is probably starting to slowly go down after reaching his peak. 

• Subscriber

As much as Hamilton has a lot of maturity and experience over Max, let's not forget how talented he is either.

Only Lewis, Max and Seb from this crop of drivers achieved truly great results when they were so young. E.g. Hamilton missing out on the title by one point in his first year, with just his talent and no experience, Verstappen winning on his Red Bull debut, Vettel winning in a Toro Rosso and consistent points finishes that year too.

Vettel I wouldn't put in the same bracket talent wise these days but back in 2008-2010 when he was still accident prone, he also had the raw pace to make up for it.

Still think Hamilton edges out Max at the moment but I think the torch will have been passed by the end of next year.

Archived