talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

João Félix

• Subscriber

Liverpool has reportedly made a sizable offer for the signing of young attacking midfielder Joao Felix – newspaper Correio da Manhã has claimed.

Jurgen Klopp has not spoken much about new signings during this month, most likely due to the position which his side is in the Premier League at this time.

But the Reds appear to have wasted no time in making a move to sign Joao Felix, who is the subject of a big £62m offer from Liverpool.

Based on the report by the Portuguese newspaper, Benfica has turned down the bid as they are not willing to sell the young midfielder until his astronomical clause of €120m in his contract is actually met.

https://www.kopspot.com/posts/liverpool-submit-62m-offer-for-signing-of-midfield-talent/

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Reports Indicate Liverpool’s £61m Bid Rejected For European Midfielder: Should The Reds Make Another Offer?

According to a recent report by Portuguese news outlet Correio da ManhaLiverpool have made a massive £61m (€70m) offer for João Félix, but Benfica have reportedly turned down the bid in an effort to keep hold of their prized asset. The same report has also revealed that the Portuguese starlet recently penned a new deal with the Liga NOS giants and his current contract contains a £105m buyout clause.

Moreover, Correio da Manha has mentioned that the Reds will face stiff competition from the likes of Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and AS Monaco in pursuit of the Benfica wonder kid.

The 19-year-old has been in excellent form for his team and has already put in some eye-catching displays for the Portuguese outfit during the course of this campaign. He has featured in 18 matches for the Eagles this term, scoring six goals while creating one assist across all competitions. The youngster has also represented Portugal at various youth levels and is destined for a big future in European football.

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/970664506?-477:775:tt_central_top#out

If we're talking about the best players to come from our new academy (since 2006) it's close between Bernardo Silva and João Felix so that should tell you enough.

The guy is something between a midfielder and a forward and atm is easily the most skilled young player in the league, and overall.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Machado said:

If we're talking about the best players to come from our new academy (since 2006) it's close between Bernardo Silva and João Felix so that should tell you enough.

The guy is something between a midfielder and a forward and atm is easily the most skilled young player in the league, and overall.

I'd never heard of him so looked on transfermarkt at his stats, as that's usually a very reliable website - 4 goals and 1 assist in 10 league games, but not all of those games has he started (only 5 were) and for a 19 year old that isn't bad at all!

Look forward to seeing him or at least hearing more about him.

£62m is huge though. Paying for his potential no doubt.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

United are said to be interested in him as well.

Manchester United and Liverpool battle for £105m star

Man United are ready to rival Liverpool for the signature of Portuguese youngster Joao Felix.

According to Portuguese publication  Record , Man United are keeping tabs on the 19-year-old, with Liverpool reportedly having a £61m bid turned down for the teenager who has a release clause of £105m.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-and-liverpool-signing-2453880

Haven't heard of any of this from the Portuguese media. I'm in a Benfica forum as well where some people have inside info and there's nothing there as well. Then again the Renato Sanches move to Bayern happened very quickly and secretively so you never know.

Would be a mistake if any transfer happened at this point imo, as he's valuable for us but don't think he's ready yet.

"Correio da Manhã" are worse than The Sun at making shit up.

• 4 months later...
35 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Heard City were also in contention for a last minute bid as well.

120 million with 30% reportedly going to Mendes. 

Honestly. This is getting absurd the financial advantages football agents have. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What is more absurd is how clubs are crawling over each other to pay this kind of money. 

4 hours ago, Rick said:

120m for one season in the Portuguese league. What the actual fuck are these clubs doing?

We've produced some very good talent lately but this is crazy. Not every one of them is going to be Bernardo Silva.

Felix is very skilled but there's no reason to pay the full 120M release clause for him yet. The eagerness to find the next wonderkid of world football is ridiculous. He played about six months for us ffs xD He was in the B team not long ago.

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Mendes is probably the most hated personality among Benfica fans. The man is like a cancer.

To be honest, in the short spell he has been playing at the top end in Portugal I have heard no end of incredibke things about him in the media throughout Europe. The second Europe's domestic seasons ended he was earmarked as one of the very few major captures to be had in football. It is indeed too early, but he does look the business.

19 hours ago, SirBalon said:

To be honest, in the short spell he has been playing at the top end in Portugal I have heard no end of incredibke things about him in the media throughout Europe. The second Europe's domestic seasons ended he was earmarked as one of the very few major captures to be had in football. It is indeed too early, but he does look the business.

It's not the greatest of business on their behalf in my opinion mate. Granted, the likes of Juanfran, Filipe and Godin need moving on from now as they aren't the same players anymore, they have just sold 2 key players in Lucas and Rodri, Griezmann will be next and who knows who else. They are losing top quality proven players and if they wish to continue being a competitive side then they need to replace these players with proven quality, not inexperienced kids. Even if he is the next big thing, that big thing isn't right now. They need players who are the currently in, or reaching their prime considering how they are selling all theirs.

Worrying signs for Atletico to be honest, as that is a lot of players to lose in 1 window and isn't something they have been accustomed to in recent years. It makes you wonder how long it'll be until Simeone himself leaves, although I'm not sure if that is a positive or negative thing considering how I personally believe he has actually been holding them back in the last few seasons. Too negative for such a talented group of footballers, who have it in them to rip teams apart.

This is a big chance for Valencia next season if they can strengthen in the right areas and build on what they have @Eco

So much money for a 19 years old player which didn't impressed that much. Look at Lemar - £70m and wasn't really great so far. However, if they get him, I wish nothing but the best. 

2 hours ago, Drew said:

So much money for a 19 years old player which didn't impressed that much. Look at Lemar - £70m and wasn't really great so far. However, if they get him, I wish nothing but the best. 

In fairness, this kid’s stats at his position are absolutely ridiculous and in a league that’s of similar quality to the French league Lemar came from.

So I wouldn’t be surprised if Joao Felix does better than Lemar after a move to Atletico tbh. But I also think there’s a danger in players making big moves too young and ever failing to live up to expectation because sometimes that pressure can cripple them mentally.

The kids statistics and highlight reel are seriously impressive though. Hope he does well wherever he goes (or if he stays) and goes on to have a career where stats like that are normal year in year out (unless he goes to Man Utd). Because if that’s the case, these are the early days of us watching a truly great player.

https://as.com/futbol/2019/06/25/primera/1561489386_441619.html

Atlético wants to close and make official the signing of João Félix before this Friday. The legal teams of both clubs are finishing drafting the contracts so that both clubs can formalize the agreement. Atlético will have to pay 120 million to Benfica, in what will be the most expensive operation that the Madrid entity has carried out in its history.

2 hours ago, Kowabunga said:

https://as.com/futbol/2019/06/25/primera/1561489386_441619.html

Atlético wants to close and make official the signing of João Félix before this Friday. The legal teams of both clubs are finishing drafting the contracts so that both clubs can formalize the agreement. Atlético will have to pay 120 million to Benfica, in what will be the most expensive operation that the Madrid entity has carried out in its history.

What do you think about this signing and the amount with this kid?

Some of the stuff I've seen him do has left me with my mouth open for such a young kid.

• The title was changed to João Félix Completes Move to Atletico de Madrid

Archived