The better place to talk football.

Money Spent Since Premier League Began

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
34 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Surprised to see Spurs have spent more than Arsenal! O.o

Actually....  Mmmm....  nah! :whistling: Let's leave it at that.

Doesn't take into consideration wages which are a massive factor. Either way though, we know the Manchester clubs and Chelsea, have been able to spend beyond both of our means.

25 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Chelsea were already an established Premier League club.

Still spent more money than any other Premier League club whichever way you slice it. For the manager to then come out and say the Manchester Clubs can't just buy the title is laughable. 

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Harry said:

I was hoping this thread would contain a graph of cumulative outlay over time. 

Keen to see just how exponential it would be... e^x, 10^x, e^10x

If you click on the Tweet and see the response from Matt Smith it might give you want you want. It's not exactly what you want but it gives you a good idea.

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Still spent more money than any other Premier League club whichever way you slice it. For the manager to then come out and say the Manchester Clubs can't just buy the title is laughable. 

Have you actually read the article? Completely out of context.

Conte being an obvious ignoramus there. Not much discussion to be had there.

What's interesting is that we get a lot of shit for not winning the Premier League in some time yet Liverpool who've spent over 40% more than us and never won the Premier League are largely left alone.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Conte being an obvious ignoramus there. Not much discussion to be had there.

What's interesting is that we get a lot of shit for not winning the Premier League in some time yet Liverpool who've spent over 40% more than us and never won the Premier League are largely left alone.

pretty sure the piss is taken out of them regularly for not winning the league xD 

Although they have won the Champions League since you last won the Premier League?

I say this being a Chelsea fan (with the money and all).

Fuck the Premier League. I think the relative lack of money in the other leagues actually betters them, for the most part it fosters innovation, intelligence, and identity,  whilst the Premier league for the most part with all its wealth is the opposite.

I'm not convinced by this product they keep selling us, 'the best league in the world', there's a couple of teams that do impress me but for the most part when you take yourself out of that bubble and take a part what this league is, it's pretty bleak and also very damaging to our national team.

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

pretty sure the piss is taken out of them regularly for not winning the league.

By opposition fans, sure. But pundits and the press are extremely soft on them.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

By opposition fans, sure. But pundits and the press are extremely soft on them.

they got bored of Liverpool not winning anything xD:ph34r: 

27 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Fuck the Premier League. I think the relative lack of money in the other leagues actually betters them, for the most part it fosters innovation, intelligence, and identity,  whilst the Premier league for the most part with all its wealth is the opposite.

I'm not convinced by this product they keep selling us, 'the best league in the world', there's a couple of teams that do impress me but for the most part when you take yourself out of that bubble and take a part what this league is, it's pretty bleak and also very damaging to our national team.

But at the end of the day that creates a permanent structure of power like in the other leagues. It's not often a team in Spain wins outside of RM or Barca, Bayern always wins, Juve has been winning always because the others are lacking in funds, however I definitely agree that it hurts the national team most of all.

Hang on, I'm pretty sure we have won more major European Trophies and been to more major European Finals/Semi Finals since Arsenal last won the league? We've also come a lot closer to winning the league than they have in the same time period. 

Of course if it's a competition of who has consistently finished in the top four then yeah, Arsenal win hands down. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

It's created a culture of complete delusion and that money is the answer to everything, all of the time. Fans in this country demand a club spends a certain amount of money rather than buys a certain type of player.

I think that second paragraph is pretty much spot on. I think that in a nutshell is why English teams struggle in Europe and it's a big reason England struggle on the national stage.

I'm not anti spending money but I'm completely anti this silly belief that it's the answer to everything, and so many just don't get it.

Archived