talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA Women's World Cup - Quarter Finals

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Awful marking...Renard is deadly in the air...how do you NOT track her? 

Looked slightly offside from the replay.. goals have been chalked off for less as it is a lifeline for France.. 

Handball??? 

Two best teams in the tournament...crazy to seem them play each other so early for an elimination game. 

USA were certainly better, and this is such a massive win. 

England next. 

:usa:

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I think that England can match you physically, my only concern would be our defence vs your attack... we have shown some vulnerability there and nothing but a rock solid performance would give us a chance.. 

Yeah - we are such a finesse team, that if you defense doesn't show up, then USA might get a lot of good chances. 'Experts' were saying France's defense was the best in the world, and we had multiple chances to put them in the net. 

My biggest worry is that this match was massive, with everyone talking about it being between the two best teams in the world...so, can we raise up again against a good England squad? That's my question.

27 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Why did Morgan and Rapinoe not sing their national anthem? 

I didn't know Morgan not doing it, but Rapinoe hasn't sung the National Anthem in years, all because it's how she chooses to stand up for the rights of minorities in this country.  Jesse Owens famously held up his fist doing the National Anthem in honor of the African American hardships, more recent Colin Kapernick and others have knelt during the National Anthem in the NFL to bring attention to crimes against the African American communities, and Rapinoe (who is a friend and supporter of Kapernick), refuses to sing to bring attention to the lack of rights to minorities, especially the Africian Americans, LGBTs, and women. 

It's a very contraversal stance here in the States, with half of the country in support of the right of Free Speech, and then half the country seems to think kneeling/not crossing your heart/not singing the NA, is the same as spitting on the American Flag and those that died for our freedom. 

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah - we are such a finesse team, that if you defense doesn't show up, then USA might get a lot of good chances. 'Experts' were saying France's defense was the best in the world, and we had multiple chances to put them in the net. 

My biggest worry is that this match was massive, with everyone talking about it being between the two best teams in the world...so, can we raise up again against a good England squad? That's my question.

I didn't know Morgan not doing it, but Rapinoe hasn't sung the National Anthem in years, all because it's how she chooses to stand up for the rights of minorities in this country.  Jesse Owens famously held up his fist doing the National Anthem in honor of the African American hardships, more recent Colin Kapernick and others have knelt during the National Anthem in the NFL to bring attention to crimes against the African American communities, and Rapinoe (who is a friend and supporter of Kapernick), refuses to sing to bring attention to the lack of rights to minorities, especially the Africian Americans, LGBTs, and women. 

It's a very contraversal stance here in the States, with half of the country in support of the right of Free Speech, and then half the country seems to think kneeling/not crossing your heart/not singing the NA, is the same as spitting on the American Flag and those that died for our freedom. 

It certainly is interesting! I asked before jumping the gun this time 😂 I am learning. 

3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

It certainly is interesting! I asked before jumping the gun this time 😂 I am learning. 

haha I noticed, which is why I put effort into the reply. 

Hopefully it makes sense though. 

• Administrator

I'll be honest I didn't really know much about Rapinoe before this tournament but the fact she's rattled Donald cunting Trump thanks to sticking up for minorities and Piers cunting Morgan just by celebrating a goal at the fucking World Cup means I'm a big fan of hers regardless. 

Go on Megan! 

• Subscriber

Good game last night. The US might be on their way to their next cup unless England can stop them which is suspect but possible. France just couldn't get any joy in the final third and they are out but I still think they had the best midfield in the tournament. Be interesting if it ended up as a Netherlands vs US/England finals. 

9 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Right winger for Dutch needs to be subbed 

Van der Sande has been awful in every game. Its very strange as mostly she is the star player who is lightening fast, she was the star in the Champions league final for Lyon when they hammered Barca.

Happy we won and hopefully we can beat Sweden.  We have won all of our games and haven't even got out of 2nd gear yet.  We really need to improve now there is a place in the final.

44 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Van der Sande has been awful in every game. Its very strange as mostly she is the star player who is lightening fast, she was the star in the Champions league final for Lyon when they hammered Barca.

Happy we won and hopefully we can beat Sweden.  We have won all of our games and haven't even got out of 2nd gear yet.  We really need to improve now there is a place in the final.

Think it's USA (holders) v Netherlands (euro champions) in the final. 

Do you rate their chances against the Americans?

10 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Think it's USA (holders) v Netherlands (euro champions) in the final. 

Do you rate their chances against the Americans?

I am not sure, we havent played that well so far but it is also a good sign when you still win.  I hope we just beat Sweden and see what happens in the final if we get there. 

Archived