talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marc Roca Signs For Bayern Munich

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looks quality for the future and his performances in the ongoing U-21 European Championships are an example of this. Spain left behind both Rodri and Asensio amongst other eligible players that would’ve made the side even stronger and players like Roca have proved themselves. Bayern have executed a coup and you ask yourself do Man Utd and Arsenal have scouts?

• 3 weeks later...

From stuff I’ve been reading on the side surrounding Bayern and potential signings is that they’re really haggling at every opportunity with everyone. Does Bayern have limit problems with FFP because it all looks strange as they haven’t really been spending heavily in recent summers unless I’ve missed something.

13 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

It's not they have FFP issues it's a case of not being prepared to throw their money at players like money came out of fashion tomorrow.

It sounds like a catch 22 situation though... Obviously money shouldn’t be thrown around because the sins of that way of doing things are evident as to their punishments elsewhere. But in today’s football hesitancy also punishes like a dry-slap on your face. If you need players, particular players, then due to the evident limitations on the number of those players available for the clubs at the top end, then not being decisive can see you stagnate.

We are all aware of the ridiculous prices those types of players go for these days and taking action is the name of the game.

What do you need?

Identified!

Financially sound?

Act! Or be left behind.

We’ve seen it in Bayern’s interest with Ousmane Dembélé at Barcelona which I’ve just posted an update on.

Maybe Bayern aren’t all that sure they really do require updating and improving their squad if there are no FFP limitations. If that’s the case, then I completely understand the hesitancy.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We’ve seen it in Bayern’s interest with Ousmane Dembélé at Barcelona which I’ve just posted an update on.

As for Ousmane Dembélé, according to some German sources parts of Bayern's board are in doubt about his character because of the way he striked himself  out of Dortmund's squad and into Barcelona's, so you can't compare these two affairs.

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

As for Ousmane Dembélé, according to some German sources parts of Bayern's board are in doubt about his character because of the way he striked himself  out of Dortmund's squad and into Barcelona's, so you can't compare these two affairs.

Of course there’s always going to be particulars in every story as nothing in life is identical apart from a man-made product.

But there are similarities in terms of hesitancy. The news coming in from Spain on the Marc Roca interest is that Espanyol have blocked Bayern’s phone number until they’re sure about how they want to proceed. Espanyol have sent Bayern a copy of Roca’s contract highlighting the part which has the buy-out clause stipulation with a time-limit on any departures to give Espanyol time to react in the market.

So now the decisions are there for Bayern to decide and nobody else. There’s nothing better in life than being the master of one’s destiny and that’s what Bayern have been issued from RCD Espanyol.

32 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Of course there’s always going to be particulars in every story as nothing in life is identical apart from a man-made product.

But there are similarities in terms of hesitancy. The news coming in from Spain on the Marc Roca interest is that Espanyol have blocked Bayern’s phone number until they’re sure about how they want to proceed. Espanyol have sent Bayern a copy of Roca’s contract highlighting the part which has the buy-out clause stipulation with a time-limit on any departures to give Espanyol time to react in the market.

So now the decisions are there for Bayern to decide and nobody else. There’s nothing better in life than being the master of one’s destiny and that’s what Bayern have been issued from RCD Espanyol.

Blocked Bayerns phone number :rofl:

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Blocked Bayerns phone number :rofl:

Hehehe... Me being facetious again! Eh! ^_^

Obviously no number has been blocked and no contract copy has been posted. It was my way of communicating the fact Espanyol have grown tired of the push-me-pull-you involved here and have opened the door for anyone interested in their young talented midfielder.

After the negatives in trying to sign Pogba or Eriksen, Real Madrid have turned their eyes to RCD Esoanyol’s Marc Roca. The versatile midfielder has had lots of suitors this summer but Espanyol have held out for the buy-out clause. The problem for Real is that Roca is a known Barcelona fanatic hut then again they (Real) did manage the same coup with another Barcelona fan in Isco.

• Administrator

Bayern have made a right pigs ear of this transfer window, sure Coutinho is a decent player but another attacking central midfielder was never what they needed. Roca seems like a sound addition - especially for the future - but why they let it drag is beyond me. I don't believe a club of their size was constrained by money here, more likely someone wondered whether they were paying another whopping fee for another Corentin Tolisso to sit on the bench. 

I think that Bayern will try their hardest to buy Roca now that they have sold Sanches. He would be a very useful addition to their midfield. However, Real Madrid could do with him as well and Roca might prefer to remain in Spain. It will be interesting to see which club Roca will eventually join.

2 hours ago, Batard said:

Bayern have made a right pigs ear of this transfer window, sure Coutinho is a decent player but another attacking central midfielder was never what they needed. Roca seems like a sound addition - especially for the future - but why they let it drag is beyond me. I don't believe a club of their size was constrained by money here, more likely someone wondered whether they were paying another whopping fee for another Corentin Tolisso to sit on the bench. 

To be honest, Coutinho is just as good playing on the left flank as he is as a central attacking midfielder. Sane was Bayern's number one target, but unfortunately for them, Sane picked up an injury which will keep him out of the game for several months. So that scuppered his move to Munich. Coutinho is probably the next best thing if we are looking at world class talent that is available.

Bayern Munich have spent around 144 million Euros on transfers so far this summer, that is the most that they have spent during a transfer window in their entire history. If they buy Roca, that sum will probably go up to around 184 million Euros. So this is new territory even for a club of Bayern's size. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Batard said:

I actually think Coutinho is the perfect player to have picked up.  We desperately lack creativity in the attack, we tried to fill it with James and for 1 year it did work but that ship sailed long ago. I may also be in the minority? maybe? But I really like Tolisso, he just doesnt have the consistency yet and hes been often injured so far in his tenure. We still need to address the wing problem but as Michael said only chasing Sane has left us empty handed there. I think were fine for this season but theres still more areas to address in January or next summer. 

15 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I actually think Coutinho is the perfect player to have picked up.  We desperately lack creativity in the attack, we tried to fill it with James and for 1 year it did work but that ship sailed long ago. I may also be in the minority? maybe? But I really like Tolisso, he just doesnt have the consistency yet and hes been often injured so far in his tenure. We still need to address the wing problem but as Michael said only chasing Sane has left us empty handed there. I think were fine for this season but theres still more areas to address in January or next summer. 

For me there's an erroneous perception of Coutinho as your typical creative midfielder. He's not that... He starts and finishes his moves! He has a got a decent pass on him but that's not his game by nature.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For me there's an erroneous perception of Coutinho as your typical creative midfielder. He's not that... He starts and finishes his moves! He has a got a decent pass on him but that's not his game by nature.

Well, with all due respect I hope youre wrong xD Ive read he will be on the bench for the weekend match hopefully he gets a few minutes in.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7387891/Bayern-Munich-agree-deal-Espanyol-sign-midfielder-Marc-Roca-36m-release-clause.html

According to this article, Bayern Munich have agreed a deal with Espanyol and they are going to trigger Roca's 40 million Euro(36 million pound) release clause. Finally it looks like Bayern will get Roca. Ok, fair enought this article is from the Daily Mail, they are not the most reliable of sources, but the initial sources are from France. This deal could go through soon by the sound of things.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Michael said:

To be honest, Coutinho is just as good playing on the left flank as he is as a central attacking midfielder. Sane was Bayern's number one target, but unfortunately for them, Sane picked up an injury which will keep him out of the game for several months. So that scuppered his move to Munich. Coutinho is probably the next best thing if we are looking at world class talent that is available.

Bayern Munich have spent around 144 million Euros on transfers so far this summer, that is the most that they have spent during a transfer window in their entire history. If they buy Roca, that sum will probably go up to around 184 million Euros. So this is new territory even for a club of Bayern's size. 

I disagree with him being a creative left sided midfielder. Yes he has played there many times for inter Milan and Liverpool, but that is not his best position. He's a one trick pony on that side of the pitch cutting inside with a booming shot. He's better centrally. If they've loaned him as a wide option they've had made an error in judgement. He's no winger

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

@nudge @Tommy is this guy reliable?

Well it's BILD so caution is advised but they do get a few things right when it comes to football. Apparently Bayern decided against signing him as according to them he's not good enough defensively.

• The title was changed to Marc Roca Signs For Bayern Munich

Archived