The better place to talk football.

Marc Roca Signs For Bayern Munich

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Defensive qualities?

He's a creative midfielder! Do Bayern only play with one midfielder? O.o

Well Bayern have already bought a young creative midfielder in Cuisance. If Bayern think that Roca is not good enough defensively, then that is telling and to be honest justified on their behalf.

What's the point of forking out 40 million on a creative midfielder in Roca when they already have Cuisance? Maybe Roca had a better season than Cuisance last term, but Cuisance could potentially become a better player. Cuisance is 20 and he is 2 years younger than Roca. Cuisance is highly rated in France and he has always worn the number 10 shirt for the French youth teams that he has represented. He was named in the team of the tournament of the 2018 European Under 19 Championships last year, such were his impressive performances in that tournament and he was also voted as Monchengladbach's player of the 2017-18 season. 

Roca is also another highly rated youngster, who is a couple of years older than Cuisance. But if there isn't much difference in quality between the two, then I agree with Bayern's decision not to spend 40 million Euros on Roca. Why would they, when they already have a very similar young player, who is potentially better. 

Bayern could definitely do with another defensive midfielder. But if Roca is not good enough in that department, then he rightly shouldn't be bought for that asking price in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Well Bayern have already bought a young creative midfielder in Cuisance. If Bayern think that Roca is not good enough defensively, then that is telling and to be honest justified on their behalf.

What's the point of forking out 40 million on a creative midfielder in Roca when they already have Cuisance? Maybe Roca had a better season than Cuisance last term, but Cuisance could potentially become a better player. Cuisance is 20 and he is 2 years younger than Roca. Cuisance is highly rated in France and he has always worn the number 10 shirt for the French youth teams that he has represented. He was named in the team of the tournament of the 2018 European Under 19 Championships last year, such were his impressive performances in that tournament and he was also voted as Monchengladbach's player of the 2017-18 season. 

Roca is also another highly rated youngster, who is a couple of years older than Cuisance. But if there isn't much difference in quality between the two, then I agree with Bayern's decision not to spend 40 million Euros on Roca. Why would they, when they already have a very similar young player, who is potentially better. 

Bayern could definitely do with another defensive midfielder. But if Roca is not good enough in that department, then he rightly shouldn't be bought for that asking price in my opinion.

I absolutely agree. If they've already bought a creative midfielder, then there's no point in forking out that amount of money on another one. Worse still is searching for defensive qualities in a defensive midfielder even though a creative midfielder does have to help out.

Why didn't Bayern go in for Mesut Özil? He is very creative no doubt and his defensive and recovery qualities are legendary. :ph34r:

• Administrator

The Cuisance transfer was a bit out of leftfield, that’s potential they’ve purchased rather than demonstrated consistent quality. Moving from one bench to another makes me wonder whether he’ll be out on loan by January. I know Monaco would take him.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Marc Roca Signs For Bayern Munich

Archived