The better place to talk football.

Round 10: Britain

football forum

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Is it too much to ask for a good exciting race without the FIAA determining the winner? 

You should probably record and watch the last race every once in a while as I'm sure we'll be back to the usual borefest now :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Silverstone is a classic track but isn't the best for overtaking in these modern cars. I've never warmed to the new complex which makes up the first few turns even if the new pit buildings were necessary to modernise the track.

It's usually a decent race here though. 2008 was particularly memorable. Heikki Kovalainen started from pole for the first time in his career. Team mate Hamilton won from 4th on the grid, lapping all of the non-podium finishers and winning his home race for the first time. Barrichello had one of his best drives ever to finish 3rd in a dog of a Honda car.

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber

Can someone change the thread title to Britain? xD

British Grand Prix and (men's) Wimbledon final have fallen on the same weekend for years. I wonder whether it's deliberate but it makes for a very enjoyable afternoon.

Red Bull should be in the ball park here, I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari had strong pace. Mercedes won't suffer from the same cooling issues as they had in Austria though.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Can someone change the thread title to Britain? xD

British Grand Prix and (men's) Wimbledon final have fallen on the same weekend for years. I wonder whether it's deliberate but it makes for a very enjoyable afternoon.

Red Bull should be in the ball park here, I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari had strong pace. Mercedes won't suffer from the same cooling issues as they had in Austria though.

Maybe just coincidental scheduling but bit crap they're on at the same time. I guess it's fine if you only like or are interested in 1 of the sports. 

• The title was changed to Round 10: Britain
16 hours ago, MUFC said:

I'd love to see him in a midfielder team first, so he can really show his skills. You can see it's there, and his feeder series career speaks for itself too, but it's still difficult to judge his abilities in that Williams shitbox. But then again, Mercedes' options for their Academy drivers are limited, unless they supply engines to another team next season besides Racing Point and Williams. 

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'd love to see him in a midfielder team first, so he can really show his skills. You can see it's there, and his feeder series career speaks for itself too, but it's still difficult to judge his abilities in that Williams shitbox. But then again, Mercedes' options for their Academy drivers are limited, unless they supply engines to another team next season besides Racing Point and Williams. 

Oh George.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Suppose to be really hot weekend, could Merc struggle again? Hope they do.

Is it? I've heard the forecast around +20 only; fully expect Mercedes to dominate again if that's the case...

Hope it rains!

• Subscriber
Just now, nudge said:

Is it? I've heard the forecast around +20 only; fully expect Mercedes to dominate again if that's the case...

Hope it rains!

Double checked I stand corrected. Put the wrong City in the weather app lol.

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Danny Ric is the gift that keeps on giving :4_joy:

Saw this on my FB feed. Took me a minute to hear Danny properly...first time I saw it there wasn't subtitles. 

Lando's laugh is very girly. xD.

Riccarido is the best... 

• Administrator

I don't know how hot it was in Austria for the drivers but will Mercedes struggle again because of the heat this weekend? It's due to be around 23-24 degrees I think. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived