The better place to talk football.

Round 10: Britain

football forum

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

I don't know how hot it was in Austria for the drivers but will Mercedes struggle again because of the heat this weekend? It's due to be around 23-24 degrees I think. 

Touch wood lol, be more interesting.

• Subscriber

The pundits saying the tire blankets should he moved, then more driver skill is required to get the tires into optimum temperature.

Oh over heating.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Grosjean reaching new lows in P1.

Just now, Tommy said:

Did Ericsson hit him?

Nah he's just trying to give that Rich Energy logo a new makeover!

• Subscriber

Interesting - soft tyres only seem to be working for Ferrari so far. Most of the rest (Mercedes, RB, McLaren) are struggling and are faster on mediums than on softs. After quali runs both Mercedes upfront, followed by both Ferraris, then Gasly, Norris, Verstappen. Long runs coming up now.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Charles is close, this is important for a good race.

Mercedes on long runs seem to be almost 2 seconds faster than the rest though...

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Damn - What's the penalty for when that happens? Anything? 

No, they used Spec 1 engine today and will probably just change to the Spec 2 engine that they previously used so no penalty there (those apply only if a driver uses more than a certain number of each power unit element during the season).

Renault are screwed though either way as they chose a very aggressive tyre strategy and softs are not working at all... I believe Ricciardo only has one set of mediums. If the track conditions doesn't change they're in real trouble...

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, nudge said:

Mercedes on long runs seem to be almost 2 seconds faster than the rest though...

Only read reports and watched few clips. If he can get pole and stay infront will be interesting. I reckon Merc might have a bit more in reserve though.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

After watching DTS on Netflix I really feel for Grosjean, he's been through so much during his F1 career (including dropping down to F2). 

Not his best point, nor was the Ericsson "crash" in Baku last year but he's a good driver. He just seems to go through these periods where he's low on confidence and everything falls apart. 

I like him and he does bring entertainment to the sport, but there comes a point where I'd rather see a younger driver given a chance.

19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I like him and he does bring entertainment to the sport, but there comes a point where I'd rather see a younger driver given a chance.

I have liked him less and less. He just seems to do the dumbest shit and get himself into trouble. I'm hoping he moves on and Haas gets a proper replacement. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived