talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho - Moves to Bayern Munich on Loan

barcelona-v-liverpool-uefa-champions-lea

According to French sports daily Le10Sport  say that Liverpool have been in contact with FC Barcelona to enquire about the possibility of recapturing Philippe Coutinho from his failure to cement his place in a first team at the club.

Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde stuck by the Brazilian while many in the media criticised Coutinho’s performances by branding him a monologue of cutting in and shooting without very little else. For all of Valverde’s might in trying to boost Coutinho’s confidence, the writing has been on the wall and it’s all about where he will be next season and not if.

At the moment the only other certain contacts there’s been have come from PSG and Manchester United. It is thought that Philippe wouldn’t favour a move to Manchester which leaves him with few options on the table but knowing his time is up at Barça.

The Liverpool question is where would he even fit in at this very different Liverpool since he departed. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

The Liverpool question is where would he even fit in at this very different Liverpool since he departed. 

He wouldn't. The truth is he didn't really fit in Klopp's side when he was here, but he was so good we had to shoehorn him in somehow. He'd be a good option to have off the bench, but for the money he'd cost in terms of fee and salary, it wouldn't be worth it.

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho - Going Back to Liverpool?
  • Subscriber

Weird just weird. I mean ask yourself this question, if Coutinho plays in the midfield for that game against Barcelona at Anfield do we win it? I don't think so and its not for lack of skill mind you its for lack of wanting to be at the club and play for them. 

Some fans would be thrilled at this. 

Others would oppose it because of bridges burned.

Others would just think it's a bad idea. 

We need to bring in a player that can slot into the front three to take some pressure off the main players, but that's not what Phil would be.

I personally think Liverpool would be absolutely mental to take him back. Klopp's Liverpool has evolved and is practically nothing like the side Coutinho played in which is amazing considering it's not all that long ago that he was a Liverpool player. I cant see how he fits into that side to be honest and I say this after really having analysed him properly by playing for a side that bases so much of its game on trying to obtain total midfield dominance.

Philippe was never diverse enough and with the immense discipline required to enter a Barça midfield from which his position was selected to play in a front three combination cutting in from the left which eases his trademark move that ends with a shot on goal. He ended up scoring a few of those goals he's known for playing for Barça but much to his dismay he would get criticised the day after in the sports journals and by the pundits on Spanish tv and radio... They would bypass the fact he'd scored a tremendous goal yet again and instead ask the question; "what does he offer this side that's different and necessary?"

Obviously goals are vital and that needn't be said, but it ended up being a monologue with him and that move where one journalist even went as far as to say his collegues now stop and wait for the end move without trying to do anything to continue the move... Predictability!

If Liverpool require another midfielder or even an upgrade, then Coutinho isn't that player and if Liverpool want to sign someone to add depth for their front three, then Coutinho is a very expensive joker in the pack to have, a total luxury that cant be validated. I seriously have no idea which club needs a player like him to be one of the protagonists... Not even PSG. I can only see one club signing under this sort of scenario of bringing in a player that's up for grabs, expensive, very well known so you can market him too but doesnt end up solving any questions being asked of the previous issues that club had... That's Manchester United.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I personally think Liverpool would be absolutely mental to take him back. Klopp's Liverpool has evolved and is practically nothing like the side Coutinho played in which is amazing considering it's not all that long ago that he was a Liverpool player. I cant see how he fits into that side to be honest and I say this after really having analysed him properly by playing for a side that bases so much of its game on trying to obtain total midfield dominance.

Philippe was never diverse enough and with the immense discipline required to enter a Barça midfield from which his position was selected to play in a front three combination cutting in from the left which eases his trademark move that ends with a shot on goal. He ended up scoring a few of those goals he's known for playing for Barça but much to his dismay he would get criticised the day after in the sports journals and by the pundits on Spanish tv and radio... They would bypass the fact he'd scored a tremendous goal yet again and instead ask the question; "what does he offer this side that's different and necessary?"

Obviously goals are vital and that needn't be said, but it ended up being a monologue with him and that move where one journalist even went as far as to say his collegues now stop and wait for the end move without trying to do anything to continue the move... Predictability!

If Liverpool require another midfielder or even an upgrade, then Coutinho isn't that player and if Liverpool want to sign someone to add depth for their front three, then Coutinho is a very expensive joker in the pack to have, a total luxury that cant be validated. I seriously have no idea which club needs a player like him to be one of the protagonists... Not even PSG. I can only see one club signing under this sort of scenario of bringing in a player that's up for grabs, expensive, very well known so you can market him too but doesnt end up solving any questions being asked of the previous issues that club had... That's Manchester United.

We won’t take him back, it’s not a reputable source for us which usually means an agent trying to get more money. This is a French paper and he’s probably joining PSG, so it’s probably being directed at PSGs board hoping we won’t take him back.

Klopp was happy to sell, so that should speak volumes on its own.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Harry said:

We need to bring in a player that can slot into the front three to take some pressure off the main players, but that's not what Phil would be.

Asensio would be @Mel81x ;) 

• Administrator
Just now, Mel81x said:

if Real sell him to us and take the swap of the table definitely ;)

How much would you be willing to pay for someone like Asensio (with no swap)?

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

How much would you be willing to pay for someone like Asensio (with no swap)?

Ideally somewhere in the 40 - 60 range but considering the inflated market im sure he would be valued around 90+ considering his age and the fact that hes hot property right now. 

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho - PSG Move on The Cards?
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems Philippe Coutinho is quite upset due to the lack of info coming from the club (Barcelona).

His agent has today hit out at the club by stating that the club are talking to various potential buyers without informing the player or himself (the agent).

Surely after last season Coutinho KNOWS that if a good price is offered he’s out?

11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It seems Philippe Coutinho is quite upset due to the lack of info coming from the club (Barcelona).

His agent has today hit out at the club by stating that the club are talking to various potential buyers without informing the player or himself (the agent).

Surely after last season Coutinho KNOWS that if a good price is offered he’s out?

I'd take him back on a free.

If not ...... Thanks for the £143m Barca :D

He has various choices but he's always said that he couldn't ever join Man Utd due to his Liverpool past. The most likely moves if one happens are PSG or Bayern by the sounds of it. Although Liverpool have been in contact with Barcelona enquiring.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

He has various choices but he's always said that he couldn't ever join Man Utd due to his Liverpool past. The most likely moves if one happens are PSG or Bayern by the sounds of it. Although Liverpool have been in contact with Barcelona enquiring.

Barcelona have only paid us roughly £70m so far for Coutinho with over £80m still owing. 

According to some sources we would consider taking him back but only for the amount still owed to us from the previous sale.

That would be great business from us and would be hilarious at the same time. Simplisticly it would mean they would have paid us £70m for loaning him for 18 months xD

Just love shafting Barcelona me. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Barcelona have only paid us roughly £70m so far for Coutinho with over £80m still owing. 

According to some sources we would consider taking him back but only for the amount still owed to us from the previous sale.

That would be great business from us and would be hilarious at the same time. Simplisticly it would mean they would have paid us £70m for loaning him for 18 months xD

Just love shafting Barcelona me. 

That's not what's been reported from the Barcelona based press but it would be funny if that were to occur and doom even more this present tenure of presidency and board.

What's being reported is that Liverpool would pay the difference. In other words Barcelona would get the money paid back and everything would be on a status quo with nobody losing.

Anyhow... The most probable move for Coutinho (if it happens) seems to be PSG.

• The topic was locked

Archived