talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho - Moves to Bayern Munich on Loan

Just now, SirBalon said:

That's not what's been reported from the Barcelona based press but it would be funny if that were to occur and doom even more this present tenure of presidency and board.

What's being reported is that Liverpool would pay the difference. In other words Barcelona would get the money paid back and everything would be on a status quo with nobody losing.

Anyhow... The most probable move for Coutinho (if it happens) seems to be PSG.

Yeah, I dont think anyone else would be that bothered about him at that price, except maybe Man Utd but they're shite and nobody wants to play for them. 

I maybe wrong but I reckon Coutinho is probably regretting ever leaving Liverpool. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah, I dont think anyone else would be that bothered about him at that price, except maybe Man Utd but they're shite and nobody wants to play for them. 

I maybe wrong but I reckon Coutinho is probably regretting ever leaving Liverpool. 

He's already stated that he regrets leaving Liverpool as the season was coming to an end in Spain. But it would be unfair to blame him for taking the chance. How many players have found themselves in that situation when seemingly taking their next step in their career. Another Liverpool player encountered a similar outcome in Michael Owen where he moved to Real Madrid and ended up being a bench warmer when at the time of departing he was recognised as a world beater renowned thoughout the footballing world.

Philippe obviously had spent all his patience in waiting for success at Liverpool where he'd been for a long time. But sometimes players shouldn't look at the name of the club courting them and have more of a analytical outlook on where they're going. Coutinho was never suited to the way Barcelona play and @El Profesor said this exact thing at the time of his move (long before actually). None of this means a player is substandard at all due to modern football being all about the tactical game and that's where it could never work at Barcelona in this particular case for Coutinho. Paris Saint-Germain and their much more direct game is very suited to him.

Infact I don't think Philippe fits into what has eventually evolved at Liverpool under Klopp. He would at most be a luxury substitute that gives you the option to change things in the event of a game not going to plan. This at Liverpool.

I don’t think we’re going to sign him again, I think he’s burnt all bridges with Klopp.

I also don’t see how a player who feigned injury and refused to play matches can turn around and have his agent say he loves that club and feels deeply connected to them in his heart.

And how would his teammates feel if he rejoined us? Him forcing a move out was basically him saying he doesn’t believe in them to win a trophy. Then we won Europe’s biggest trophy and humiliated Barca in the process and he wants to come crawling back.

He should be treated as persona non grata for the rest of his career in football by LFC and never have anything to do with us ever again.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think we’re going to sign him again, I think he’s burnt all bridges with Klopp.

I also don’t see how a player who feigned injury and refused to play matches can turn around and have his agent say he loves that club and feels deeply connected to them in his heart.

And how would his teammates feel if he rejoined us? Him forcing a move out was basically him saying he doesn’t believe in them to win a trophy. Then we won Europe’s biggest trophy and humiliated Barca in the process and he wants to come crawling back.

He should be treated as persona non grata for the rest of his career in football by LFC and never have anything to do with us ever again.

Why is Luis Suárez treated differently by the fans then mate?

He pulled off two seperate stunts with, firstly with the Arsenal interest and finally with his eventual move to Barça.

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He pulled off two seperate stunts with, firstly with the Arsenal interest and finally with his eventual move to Barça.

Suarez got a lot of shit after his public stunts but I think was probably awarded more leeway with our fans (rightly or wrongly) because at the time he was one of the best players on the planet. 

Suarez got it easier because after biting two people, a lot of supporters because a bit tired of his antics, me included. That being said, we should have gotten a lot more money for him. We fucked up there. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Suarez got a lot of shit after his public stunts but I think was probably awarded more leeway with our fans (rightly or wrongly) because at the time he was one of the best players on the planet. 

Suarez if he'd left for Arsenal would have been in the same shape with the fans as Coutinho or worse. But he had a year redeeming himself, and by the next year everyone was resigned to him going so didn't expect any better.

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Suarez got it easier because after biting two people, a lot of supporters because a bit tired of his antics, me included. That being said, we should have gotten a lot more money for him. We fucked up there. 

The Suarez deal was good money for 2014. That deal was pre Neymar and pre Pogba mate.

Pogba added 25% to the prices at the top of the market and Neymar added 50%

22 minutes ago, Rick said:

Wasnt the fee we got at the time one of the biggest ever transfers? Might be wrong?!

Anyway fuck Coutinho. He had his time and we've moved on. 

26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Wasnt the fee we got at the time one of the biggest ever transfers? Might be wrong?!

Anyway fuck Coutinho. He had his time and we've moved on. 

I feel we could have got more. Think cause of him biting again in the world cup it fucked us. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I feel we could have got more. Think cause of him biting again in the world cup it fucked us. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah it certainly didn't help. 

If aliens came to earth and got a crash course on the sport that is football and then learned that the only reason a footballer eventually had to be sold and may have been undersold due to having a condition that compels him to bite other human beings... how would they react considering the rules of football they'd been shown xDO.o?

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Luis Suarez should also be treated like persona non grata. Did you see how our fans treated him on his return to Anfield? There were times he looked like he was on the verge of tears - because he naively thought he was a hero.

As good as Suarez was, I disliked him immensely in that season he was great after that Arsenal stunt. Because it was incredibly disrespectful for him to try to force a sideways move on a cut price.

They’re both utter cunts, so they’re at the right club tbh.

9 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

After reading Klopp's views on him as a player - lack of stamina and speed -  I doubt we will ever sign him. 

Not surprised by the rumours. Might be agent or just tabloids being naughty. 

I think it’s a bullshit rumour from Spain that Barca fans are clinging onto because they want a fucking refund. Because as you said, a lack of stamina and speed and playing in a Klopp midfield is an issue.

He doesn’t fit in with the manager’s ideas and he’s burnt bridges with the club at various levels, and I certainly don’t think he’ll ever win the fans over after what he did.

Fuck off to another club Coutinho, I’m glad your Barca dream ended up a nightmare... but don’t come slithering back to us like the snake you are.

• Subscriber

I don't think we should even be touching Coutinho. Think about this from a where we are now versus where we were then. This team has been in two Champions League finals with one being won, has chased a team with a points tally thats unheard of and has gotten better since his departure. I get that Barcelona are thinking this is good to balance the books but from a business perspective this profits Liverpool with a big fat zero. Pay the rest of the money owed, close the deal and then let Liverpool decide if they want the player back while searching for options that could potentially fit the manager's philosophy. Barcelona have absolutely zero bargaining power here because they want to get rid of him and I can't see why we'd want him back.

No one is going to deny how South American players have an affinity towards Spanish clubs or the fact that when Coutinho made his mind up they seemed like a great proposition but if you look at all the other cards on the deck this seems like a terribly bad idea. They seem to be U-turning their mistakes based on poor choices and why should any club show any kind of sympathy for what they are trying to do. We used that money wisely to fund other prospects which turned us into the winning team we are now and taking him back and returning the money will send a terrible message to all the players who stuck around when things were tough. I have more respect for Moreno than Phil just on the fact that he may have been shit for us but he never stopped trying even when he was given small parts in games and genuinely wanted to be at the club.

• Administrator

Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 27, has given his approval to a deal which would see him join former club Liverpool on a two-year loan deal with an option for the Reds to buy the Brazil international for £88m. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

If this is true it wouldn't be a bad idea to take them up on it. You get 2 years out (only paying wages?) out of a decent player to help with your attacking options (let's face it, you can't just rely on the front 3 of last season + Origi/Shaqiri). No need to purchase for £88m when he'll be 29 and over-priced.

In that 2 years you can identify targets for whenever any attacking player decides to leave or find better options. 

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

If this is true it wouldn't be a bad idea to take them up on it. You get 2 years out (only paying wages?) out of a decent player to help with your attacking options (let's face it, you can't just rely on the front 3 of last season + Origi/Shaqiri). No need to purchase for £88m when he'll be 29 and over-priced.

In that 2 years you can identify targets for whenever any attacking player decides to leave or find better options. 

I assume the loan fee would be astronomical, they're not just going to give him to us for two years after what they paid for him

59 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I don't think we should even be touching Coutinho. Think about this from a where we are now versus where we were then. This team has been in two Champions League finals with one being won, has chased a team with a points tally thats unheard of and has gotten better since his departure. I get that Barcelona are thinking this is good to balance the books but from a business perspective this profits Liverpool with a big fat zero. Pay the rest of the money owed, close the deal and then let Liverpool decide if they want the player back while searching for options that could potentially fit the manager's philosophy. Barcelona have absolutely zero bargaining power here because they want to get rid of him and I can't see why we'd want him back.

No one is going to deny how South American players have an affinity towards Spanish clubs or the fact that when Coutinho made his mind up they seemed like a great proposition but if you look at all the other cards on the deck this seems like a terribly bad idea. They seem to be U-turning their mistakes based on poor choices and why should any club show any kind of sympathy for what they are trying to do. We used that money wisely to fund other prospects which turned us into the winning team we are now and taking him back and returning the money will send a terrible message to all the players who stuck around when things were tough. I have more respect for Moreno than Phil just on the fact that he may have been shit for us but he never stopped trying even when he was given small parts in games and genuinely wanted to be at the club.

You're making it read like Barça have gone cap in hand to Liverpool begging for the Merseyside club to broker some sort of deal.

Barça are the owning party and they pick-up the telephone with callers calling on the other side. This is Liverpool who have shown interest and fundamentally it's Philippe Coutinho who desperately wants to go back to Liverpool and has informed Barcelona of this.

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You're making it read like Barça have gone cap in hand to Liverpool begging for the Merseyside club to broker some sort of deal.

Barça are the owning party and they pick-up the telephone with callers calling on the other side. This is Liverpool who have shown interest and fundamentally it's Philippe Coutinho who desperately wants to go back to Liverpool and has informed Barcelona of this.

It's the Spanish press leaking all the stories though? No credible journo close to LFC have reported any interest from us, quite the opposite in fact.

• The topic was locked

Archived