talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho - Moves to Bayern Munich on Loan

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

That is the way it sounds, it would make no sense otherwise from our perspective as well.

Brazzo just confirmed in an interview with ZDF that is the way the deal is structured. Deal is almost reached "1 year loan with a buy option in favour of Bayern" was his claim.

I wonder what the option to buy transfer fee is? But yeah, in general it sounds like a great deal as Coutinho is a quality player.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Michael said:

I wonder what the option to buy transfer fee is? But yeah, in general it sounds like a great deal as Coutinho is a quality player.

Thats what im curious about as well. I cant imagine its as cheap as James but well see.

4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Thats what im curious about as well. I cant imagine its as cheap as James but well see.

I very much doubt it's a similar value to the James option to buy transfer fee.  I believe James's option to buy fee was 40 to 45 million Euros. I think that Coutinho's option to buy clause won't be less than 80 million Euros. Anything less than that, I would call a real bargain. 

Coutinho is getting way more stick than he deserves. Quality player.

It didn't work out at Barca because hes a quite kid, maybe even shy.

Then he walks into a dressing full of absolute pillocks that think they're bigger than Barcelona itself. 

1 hour ago, Michael said:

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

1 hour ago, Michael said:

I very much doubt it's a similar value to the James option to buy transfer fee.  I believe James's option to buy fee was 40 to 45 million Euros. I think that Coutinho's option to buy clause won't be less than 80 million Euros. Anything less than that, I would call a real bargain. 

It's €120m and already set in the loan clause if Bayern choose to execute the non-obligatory option to buy.

• Subscriber
Just now, SirBalon said:

It's €120m and already set in the loan clause if Bayern choose to execute the non-obligatory option to buy.

Yeah that number is in the region I would have expected. Im on board with it, we get a full season to decide if its worth it.

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Which they wont. 

I would say it all depends on the season he has at Bayern to be honest. I'm not so sure Coutinho is a better footballer than James at all. Coutinho is very telented and in the right environment with the correct style of play he is an amazing player to have because he has to be watched with the opposition having to make plans. James is the same in terms of requiring the correct environment and style of play but on song he offers more diversity and can do more things.

If I had a choice to sign either one of them with a team that's going to play the right way to get the best out of the two, then curiously I would choose Coutinho even after what I've just said and the simple reason for this is because with Philippe Coutinho you're getting a footballer that doesn't think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and he really does work hard, something that James won't do as he gives me all the sensations of a primadonna.

12 hours ago, SirBalon said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/bayern-munich-include-important-clause-after-agreeing-loan-move-for-philippe-coutinho

Actually it has been confirmed that if Bayern decide to buy Coutinho at the end of the season, it will cost them a total of 100 million. The loan fee to take Coutinho on loan for this season is 30 million and then if Bayern decide to activate their option to buy him at the end of the season, then they will have to pay a further 70 million. Taking the total to 100 million in transfer fees for Coutinho.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/bayern-munich-include-important-clause-after-agreeing-loan-move-for-philippe-coutinho

Actually it has been confirmed that if Bayern decide to buy Coutinho at the end of the season, it will cost them a total of 100 million. The loan fee to take Coutinho on loan for this season is 30 million and then if Bayern decide to activate their option to buy him at the end of the season, then they will have to pay a further 70 million. Taking the total to 100 million in transfer fees for Coutinho.

This says €120m. And there’s a number of others. But hey, it’s in that region after all’s said and done. The main issue with Coutinho are his wages. 

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20190816/464105206656/la-opcion-de-compra-no-obligatoria-del-bayern-por-coutinho-de-120-millones.html

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think in the link Barcelona have provided in the Tweet, they have the figures.

Agreement with Bayern Munich for Philippe Coutinho loan

FC Barcelona and Bayern Munich have reached an agreement for the loan of the Brazilian to the German club for the 2019/20 season

www.fcbarcelona.com

07:00AM MONDAY 19 AUG

FC Barcelona and Bayern Munich have reached an agreement for the loan of the player Philippe Coutinho to the German club for the 2019/20 season. Bayern Munich will pay 8.5 million euros and the player’s wages. The agreement also sees an option to buy for Bayern fixed at 120 million euros. 

FC Barcelona would like to thank to publicly thank Philippe Coutinho for his commitment and dedication wishes him all the best in this new stage of his career. 

4 titles, 75 games and 21 goals

The Brazilian came to Barça in the January transfer window in the 2017/18 season from Liverpool. Since then he has played a total of 75 games as a blaugrana in which he has scored 21 goals and provided 11 assists. 

As for silverware with FC Barcelona, Philippe Coutinho has won the league title twice (2018 and 2019), the Copa del Rey (2018) and the Spanish Super Cup (2018)

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/football/first-team/news/1313389/agreement-with-bayern-munich-for-philippe-coutinho-loan?hootPostID=036cf65e2e1d81c5abf50dc374162a49#

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

What is he like personality wise? He has such a genuine smile. 

Very timid and keeps himself to himself although that doesn’t mean he doesn’t join in with the group. Just that he’s quite camera shy. A genuinely allround nice chap. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Very timid and keeps himself to himself although that doesn’t mean he doesn’t join in with the group. Just that he’s quite camera shy. A genuinely allround nice chap. 

Yeah? You dine with him often? 

• The topic was locked

Archived