talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho - Moves to Bayern Munich on Loan

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

He could stay where he is, earning an absolute fortune and theres nothing Barcelona can do about it. 

Honestly, its bloody lovely watching Barcelona scramble around looking like twats xD

He earns considerably less at Barça than he did at Liverpool mate.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

While he was class at Liverpool for the most part I wouldn't be wanting him back if I was them. They've come on leaps and bounds since he left.

He's shown that he probably can't cut it in an elite team where he's got to fight for his place in the team so PSG is probably the best place for him.

29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

FC Barcelona have leaked that Philippe Coutinho won’t be going anywhere unless it’s for €120m.

If he's worth that much to them they should keep him, cos he isn't worth more than 80m to anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumour is he's coming back to England on a season long loan with an option to buy at the end of the year. Unclear which club. Could see it being Spurs tbh, might be us but I doubt it... and I think an outside shout would be Leicester as they've now got a ton of cash and Rodgers has worked with him before to good effect.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rumour is he's coming back to England on a season long loan with an option to buy at the end of the year. Unclear which club. Could see it being Spurs tbh, might be us but I doubt it... and I think an outside shout would be Leicester as they've now got a ton of cash and Rodgers has worked with him before to good effect.

Apparently its Arsenal.

15 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.a25783fb1d499acdfb6e74f001cafa52.png

Arsenal are set for talks with Barcelona over a loan deal for Brazil international midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 27, which would reportedly cost the club £27m. (Sun on Sunday)

I was about to post this and city of Barcelona based newspaper, SPORT has echoed The Sun's news this morning. The Sun has never been a newspaper to take seriously on any level and much less in recent years, but who knows in this football madness that's occuring this summer at Arsenal where at first it looked like we wouldn't be signing anyone and right now as an Arsenal fan one can't be all that upset.

The meeting is meant to happen today because the annual summer pre-season Joan Gamper Trophy is being played at the Camp Nou between FC Barcelona and Arsenal FC... As far as I'm concerned The Sun had some space to fill, put 2+2 together to get 10. Why would we sign Coutinho when we've just brought Dani Ceballos in on loan which hasn't been cheap by loaning standards and we also have Mesut Özil who doesn't seem to be leaving with all three playing more or less in similar positions. It just seems bonkers unless @RandoEFC was right all along! xD

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.ad4fdab2e2eb10f96d0e27a444703d40.png

1350579347_download(2).png.88cd91cc7ed03df0ee6d5a5fc95f1c3e.png

Bookies have slashed odds on Philippe Coutinho joining Tottenham Hotspur, following a string of bets on the move.

One bookie has cut odds from 40-1 just days ago, all the way into 5-1, that the forward makes the move to North London this summer.

That’s due to an influx of wagers placed on the prospective switch, with 26% of all bets in the market over the previous 24 hours placed on Spurs.

Elsewhere, Coutinho staying at Barcelona past the transfer window is the most likely outcome of the situation, with it priced at 1/4 that he remains at the Camp Nou.

Arsenal is surprised second-favourites for the Brazilian international at 4-1, followed by PSG at 8-1.

An Anfield renaissance is the next most likely at 9-1, although some bookmakers have priced a return as short as 3-1 to happen before the transfer window slams shut.

Oddschecker spokesperson Callum Wilson: “Spurs fans had expected the future of Christian Eriksen to be resolved by now, but will the playmaker now being strongly linked to a move to Old Trafford, rumours have surfaced that Coutinho is their first choice to replace the Dane.

"A move that seems to have sprung out of nowhere, the betting market is certainly indicating that it has a chance of coming to fruition."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/49232568

I don't see this happening, we already have a good amount of quality in his position unless we plan to use him on the wing. Not the biggest fan of Coutinho either and with Ozil's horrendous pay packet I don't really want another overpaid attacking midfielder. 

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I don't see this happening, we already have a good amount of quality in his position unless we plan to use him on the wing. Not the biggest fan of Coutinho either and with Ozil's horrendous pay packet I don't really want another overpaid attacking midfielder. 

He’s nowhere near as good on the left as he is more centrally, I think that was proven here. It’s actually surprising Barca paid so much for him while using him in the role where he was much less effective for us than the position he found the form that made them want to buy him.

Bilel Ghazi saying it's happening and Julien Laurens saying it isn't. I don't know why two french journalists are the ones with supposed information. I trust Ghazi completely on french transfers, not sure about this though.

5 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Bilel Ghazi saying it's happening and Julien Laurens saying it isn't. I don't know why two french journalists are the ones with supposed information. I trust Ghazi completely on french transfers, not sure about this though.

Could it be because PSG have been connected all summer?

It’s known that Paris Saint-Germain have enquired about Coutinho this summer but it was thought to be to initially bring Neymar into line as they are best of friends.

• The topic was locked

Archived