talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho - Moves to Bayern Munich on Loan

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Ozil to Barca :ph34r:?

You know something... Even though it’s shocking and verging on the ridiculous which is something very common in all walks of life these days, I wouldn’t be surprised to be honest. They’re more or less on the same wages and for some odd reason Barcelona have always been interested on Özil. But this is all just personal opinion on a possibility of this happening in that manner.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Another player bullied out by Messi 

Messi actually made a fuss about him wanting Coutinho to stay and for the only time till now in his Barcelona career he confronted the Barça fans toward the end of last season when they whistled Coutinho.

It's Valverde who doesn't know where to put him because he's nowhere near good enough for a more central midfield roll at Barcelona and has been extremely hit and miss coming in from the left in midfield which is where Iniesta played and what he was signed for.

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

News coming in that Coutinho has agreed terms with Spurs.

What I read is that Barça accepted to lower Coutinho´s price in order to raise cash to offer PSG a loan with an obligatory buy-clause for Neymar. 

And it makes sense, Barça is using Coutinho to balance this season´s books for that move.

• Subscriber
On 02/08/2019 at 22:00, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rumour is he's coming back to England on a season long loan with an option to buy at the end of the year. Unclear which club. Could see it being Spurs tbh, might be us but I doubt it... and I think an outside shout would be Leicester as they've now got a ton of cash and Rodgers has worked with him before to good effect.

Don't let our fans see you saying this. I've already had to shoot a few down suggesting it. I'd be gobsmacked if that happened. Simply don't think he'd drop to a side not in Europe.

21 minutes ago, Dan said:

Don't let our fans see you saying this. I've already had to shoot a few down suggesting it. I'd be gobsmacked if that happened. Simply don't think he'd drop to a side not in Europe.

It’d only be a loan though and I think being the main man an attack isn’t built around would probably get him back into shit hot form again. Football wise it makes sense, imo, he’s worked with Rodgers (and Poch, actually) and Rodgers got him playing some great stuff - plus his through balls to Vardy would be absolute sex.

Spurs does make sense though with the side already being better suited to compete with the big boys, CL football, another manager he’s worked with, etc. Although unless Spurs have a workaround for his insane wages, I think he’d fuck their strict wage structure up.

9 hours ago, Batard said:

What in the name ... for a loan?

At the moment the speculation is rife with all sorts but the journalists that I tend to read say that the deal will be a loan deal with a forced purchase at the end of it. But as @El Profesor says, it could be at a reduced price so Barça can balance the books and release more money.

27 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.e591d809b03b79e2b783ce6fff303259.png

Tottenham also remains keen on signing Barcelona's 27-year-old Brazil forward Philippe Coutinho, while Arsenal was never interested. (ESPN)

Former Liverpool player Coutinho, 27, could also be set to join Manchester United. (Express)

I can't see Coutinho playing for Manchester United after what his agent said regarding this yesterday.

Right now it's a sure thing Tottenham Hotspur are very advanced into negotiations but as we've seen in recent times, things can turn in the final second.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Get the feeling he'll go to Spurs. They might be losing their star midfielder and he would get to play in a position he thrives in. 

But Coutinho won't offer the balance to the midfield that Eriksen has done. He may offer more spectacular singular moments of goals but Eriksen gives equilibrium in midfield from defence to the front... That destabilises a side in my opinion and Coutinho isn't a replacement for Eriksen at all.

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I can't see Coutinho playing for Manchester United after what his agent said regarding this yesterday.

I don't want him, he could end up like another Sánchez plus if he can't hit it off at a club like Barca why should we have him.

• Subscriber
Just now, SirBalon said:

But Coutinho won't offer the balance to the midfield that Eriksen has done. He may offer more spectacular singular moments of goals but Eriksen gives equilibrium in midfield from defence to the front... That destabilises a side in my opinion and Coutinho isn't a replacement for Eriksen at all.

The question then becomes, if they dont get anyone and Eriksen does leave what then? The price seems almost right that Levy would snap it up and he gets an attacking option allowing Poch to find a replacement in the meantime? 

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

I don't want him, he could end up like another Sánchez plus if he can't hit it off at a club like Barca why should we have him.

Indeed... Man Utd have serious issues and Philippe Coutinho isn't an answer to any of them at all. It would just be more of the same in terms of all those signings based on bringing in a big name player.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Coutinho can be a number eight. When played with the right (as in hardworking  tactically astute) DM, he is good enough to be a CM. 

He doesn't get that role at Barca. 

• The topic was locked

Archived