The better place to talk football.

Marco Asensio Suffers Serious ACL Injury

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

191932996_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.201b91d323bdf462afb8731ea941e02a.png

Real Madrid is preparing to offer Spain midfielder Marco Asensio, 23, to Liverpool but wants Senegal international forward Sadio Mane, 27, in exchange. (Express)

If I were Liverpool I'd do the swap...

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Stan said:

If I were Liverpool I'd do the swap...

It would have made sense if we were letting go of someone who wasn't a main feature of our squad and title race last season but Mane has more than proven hes integral to the squad so I can't see why we'd swap him out and start the rebuild process for the front-line. Now, if they were offering a midfielder as a swap for someone else I think that's a good deal plus we have no reason to sell our best players and I can't see us even wanting to get rid of them. We need backups not replacements for our current players and we most certainly need players who can be groomed into those positions. 

• Administrator
Just now, Mel81x said:

It would have made sense if we were letting go of someone who wasn't a main feature of our squad and title race last season but Mane has more than proven hes integral to the squad so I can't see why we'd swap him out and start the rebuild process for the front-line. Now, if they were offering a midfielder as a swap for someone else I think that's a good deal plus we have no reason to sell our best players and I can't see us even wanting to get rid of them. We need backups not replacements for our current players and we most certainly need players who can be groomed into those positions. 

Not denying or refuting Mane's input or impact in to the side. 

It wouldn't be much of a rebuild 'process' either given how good Asensio is. Gut feeling for me is that he is good enough to fit straight in and be as good as Mane, probably better.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

It wouldn't be much of a rebuild 'process' either given how good Asensio is. Gut feeling for me is that he is good enough to fit straight in and be as good as Mane, probably better.

I dont doubt Asensio's quality either. He's very good at what he does but if you look at the trends on how players have been brought and used effectively he wouldn't really be a main feature of the squad until Klopp feels hes ready and if thats the case who plays in that spot in the meantime? Shaqiri or Origi? That's an even bigger gamble considering that Klopp hasn't really used him much so he probably doesn't rate him either and Origi is an impact player. Its also a big gamble on a player who hasn't played this system and I think that's unnecessary at this time. The idea is to use the good foundation to build for the future and we don't really need to sell these players for any reason so I can't see them wanting a swap here.

I'd rather we keep Sadio, he's absolutely class and still very much underrated I feel. Unless Madrid came back with money on top they can fuck off. If they want shot of Asensio, we'll do Lallana the other way 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Real Madrid obviously dont think so. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Real Madrid obviously dont think so. 

Trust me, he’s bloody good which is why they want to put a buy-back clause and that’s what’s holding suitors back. He’s different and should’ve been a Barça player. 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.51716ee5eb81d4921e004be26582fb5d.png

Report says Liverpool ready to bid £67.3m for Asensio

July 9, 2019

Marco Asensio is a hugely talented player, but reports from Spain claiming Liverpool are ready to spend £67.3m to sign him are wide of the mark for a number of reasons.

Spanish news outlet El Desmarque claims Liverpool are keen on making a £67.3m bid for Asensio, with Sadio Mane reportedly set to head the other way as part of the deal.

The report states that Asensio is Klopp’s preferred choice to provide cover for Salah and while that might be true, there is no chance the German would trade Mane for the Real Madrid winger just to provide cover for Salah.

Liverpool’s front three of Mane, Firmino and Salah is one of the most deadly in Europe and won the Champions League last month against Spurs as they won 2-0 at the Wanda Metropolitano.

Asensio only scored one goal and assisted five goals in La Lig last season in 30 appearances and simply isn’t worth the €75m (£67.3m) that Liverpool are supposedly ready to spend to sign him.

Klopp has shown with his big money moves in recent seasons that he’s only willing to splash the cash on players that will immediately improve the quality in the starting XI.

There is zero chance that Asensio will be valued as much as Alisson was when the Reds took the decision to spend £66.8m on him last summer not to mention the fact that Klopp won’t think it would be fair to spend that much as well as trade Mane for his services.

Liverpool are approaching a hugely important season and might not be in the market for marquee signings but they will definitely hold onto their most talented stars.

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2019/07/09/report-says-liverpool-ready-to-bid-67-3m-for-asensio/

• The title was changed to Marco Asensio - Liverpool Could Sign Madrid Forward
  • Subscriber

Didn't really think about this till now but they have Hazard so why in the world do they want Mane as well? They'd both be operating in the same position so whats the point? 

Just now, Mel81x said:

Didn't really think about this till now but they have Hazard so why in the world do they want Mane as well? They'd both be operating in the same position so whats the point? 

Think Zidane wants to really turn over a chunk of his squad if he could just get rid.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Think Zidane wants to really turn over a chunk of his squad if he could just get rid.

But if you think about it, Hazard is already playing on the left side and Mane would technically play there too. Can't really play both together so whats the point? Backup? We're talking about a player who will want guaranteed first-team action against a player who they signed for the exact same thing. Unless he wants to move him to the right and utilize him there instead? Anyways, I don't think we'd let him go infact I am pretty sure he's going nowhere.

33 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

But if you think about it, Hazard is already playing on the left side and Mane would technically play there too. Can't really play both together so whats the point? Backup? We're talking about a player who will want guaranteed first-team action against a player who they signed for the exact same thing. Unless he wants to move him to the right and utilize him there instead? Anyways, I don't think we'd let him go infact I am pretty sure he's going nowhere.

It’s bollocks, we’re not going to pay money and give one of our best players for a Real Madrid squad player. El Desmarque is pretty clearly a Spanish gutter rag

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s bollocks, we’re not going to pay money and give one of our best players for a Real Madrid squad player. El Desmarque is pretty clearly a Spanish gutter rag

It looks like a mash of two stories together without having done any of the maths.

Mane is a $110m+ player. It doesn't add up at all

• 2 weeks later...

Has he actually been linked with us? Like by one of the journos that actually gets stuff right on LFC transfers? Or was it just foreign media bollocks? If it was L'Equipe (who I don't know why they make up so much shite about LFC, even if the player isn't playing in France) then it's 100% guaranteed to be absolute bollocks. I've never seen one news source print so many shite transfer rumours about one club and have every single one of them be a load of bollocks. You'd think if they kept doing it they'd eventually get one right, but no, never.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Has he actually been linked with us? Like by one of the journos that actually gets stuff right on LFC transfers? Or was it just foreign media bollocks? If it was L'Equipe (who I don't know why they make up so much shite about LFC, even if the player isn't playing in France) then it's 100% guaranteed to be absolute bollocks. I've never seen one news source print so many shite transfer rumours about one club and have every single one of them be a load of bollocks. You'd think if they kept doing it they'd eventually get one right, but no, never.

I can only tell you what’s being said from the Spanish side of journalism. They reckon that the negotiations have been deep with Liverpool and that the sticking point is the Real Madrid buy-back clause which Liverpool understandably don’t want. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I can only tell you what’s being said from the Spanish side of journalism. They reckon that the negotiations have been deep with Liverpool and that the sticking point is the Real Madrid buy-back clause which Liverpool understandably don’t want. 

Tbh they probably know fuck all about what's happening at our club, given the amount of shite they've written about us in the past that's proven to be absolute bollocks.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh they probably know fuck all about what's happening at our club, given the amount of shite they've written about us in the past that's proven to be absolute bollocks.

They know what’s happening at Real Madrid though mate and Asensio is a Real Madrid player. Another thing would be if they were speculating on a player from another league moving to Liverpool which is where L’Équipe reporting on this would be pure speculation.

Real Madrid don’t want to sell Asensio, he wants to leave.

• The title was changed to Marco Asensio Suffers Serious ACL Injury

Archived