talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marco Asensio Suffers Serious ACL Injury

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh they probably know fuck all about what's happening at our club, given the amount of shite they've written about us in the past that's proven to be absolute bollocks.

By the way... What transfer that Spanish journos have written on with Liverpool in recent times (when it’s this consistent) have ended up being bollocks?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

By the way... What transfer that Spanish journos have written on with Liverpool in recent times (when it’s this consistent) have ended up being bollocks?

The number of times the Coutinho was done in the summer before the Coutinho actually transferred was about 40 or 50 times.

Every year the Madrid based media tries to foist Real Madrid's deadwood onto us (what I suspect is happening here) - that's been happening every summer since Rafa was our manager (granted with Nunez and Morientes, there may have been a trend... but that's over 10 years ago and still every year it's the same).

I'll be very surprised if this ends up happening. We're rumoured to be in for one (just one) first team player this summer. It's going to be an attacking player that'll be able to provide competition out wide. That likely means someone who's got a better attacking output than Shaqiri did last season. So it's probably going to be more than someone who scored 6 goals last season.

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They know what’s happening at Real Madrid though mate and Asensio is a Real Madrid player. Another thing would be if they were speculating on a player from another league moving to Liverpool which is where L’Équipe reporting on this would be pure speculation.

Real Madrid don’t want to sell Asensio, he wants to leave.

L'Equipe does it all the fucking time though. I don't know what their sources are all the time they'll come up with some shite where a Serie A/La Liga/Bundesliga player is on the cusp of his big move to Liverpool. I've got no idea why the fuck they do it - do we have a large fanbase in France? They're really good at generating a buzz around their fake rumours on the internet though.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The number of times the Coutinho was done in the summer before the Coutinho actually transferred was about 40 or 50 times.

Every year the Madrid based media tries to foist Real Madrid's deadwood onto us (what I suspect is happening here) - that's been happening every summer since Rafa was our manager (granted with Nunez and Morientes, there may have been a trend... but that's over 10 years ago and still every year it's the same).

I'll be very surprised if this ends up happening. We're rumoured to be in for one (just one) first team player this summer. It's going to be an attacking player that'll be able to provide competition out wide. That likely means someone who's got a better attacking output than Shaqiri did last season. So it's probably going to be more than someone who scored 6 goals last season.

Coutinho WAS transfered to Barcelona. They got it right... Infact I was upto date on every hour of that move and it was all called correctly. I completely understand and sympathise with why you as a Liverpool fan dislike what happened, but it happened.

Calling Marco Asensio dead wood is quite frankly weird. I expected you follow football a lot closer than that mate.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

L'Equipe does it all the fucking time though. I don't know what their sources are all the time they'll come up with some shite where a Serie A/La Liga/Bundesliga player is on the cusp of his big move to Liverpool. I've got no idea why the fuck they do it - do we have a large fanbase in France? They're really good at generating a buzz around their fake rumours on the internet though.

I don’t know what your experiences are with reading L’Équipe’s news but in general they’re quite good from my experience. Remember that L’Équipe don’t represent any French club at all and are a national sports paper which means that obviously they’ll get some speculation way off the mark like English national papers for example do all the time.

Coutinho WAS transfered to Barcelona. They got it right... Infact I was upto date on every hour of that move and it was all called correctly. I completely understand and sympathise with why you as a Liverpool fan dislike what happened, but it happened.

Calling Marco Asensio dead wood is quite frankly weird. I expected you follow football a lot closer than that mate.

Coutinho was transferred to Barcelona in a different window. And at none of the fees I saw quoted in any of the transfer window. That has fuck all to do with me disliking what happened (fuck Barcelona and the Barca media though), that was a number of bullshit stories claiming a deal was done at 60m Euros, then 70m Euros, and that Coutinho was in Barcelona meeting his new teammates while he was off in the US at pre-season with Liverpool.

If you're not wanted by your club, you're deadwood to your club. He's at Madrid, they're trying to foist him elsewhere - he is their deadwood.

I don’t know what your experiences are with reading L’Équipe’s news but in general they’re quite good from my experience. Remember that L’Équipe don’t represent any French club at all and are a national sports paper which means that obviously they’ll get some speculation way off the mark like English national papers for example do all the time.

With English football journalism you need to look at particular journalist, rather than particular publications. Because a lot of these journalists are pretty well connected with one or two clubs, but take them away from reporting on those clubs and they know nothing. I'm sure it's the same in other countries, but it does seem like whenever L'Equipe's got any sort of transfer news related to us, it's always a load of shite.

Coutinho was transferred to Barcelona in a different window. And at none of the fees I saw quoted in any of the transfer window. That has fuck all to do with me disliking what happened (fuck Barcelona and the Barca media though), that was a number of bullshit stories claiming a deal was done at 60m Euros, then 70m Euros, and that Coutinho was in Barcelona meeting his new teammates while he was off in the US at pre-season with Liverpool.

If you're not wanted by your club, you're deadwood to your club. He's at Madrid, they're trying to foist him elsewhere - he is their deadwood.

Asensio wants to play and the coach won’t guarantee him the playing time he wants.

Like I said, Coutinho was transfered to Barcelona mate. They got it right. The games in between are only important to the fans of the club that loses the player, I know, I’ve also been there.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Asensio wants to play and the coach won’t guarantee him the playing time he wants.

Like I said, Coutinho was transfered to Barcelona mate. They got it right. The games in between are only important to the fans of the club that loses the player, I know, I’ve also been there.

They got it right... eventually... after being wrong numerous times. And those other stories were probably just planted to turn the player's fucking head and make him think it was nailed on.

Asensio won't get playing time here either, so the Spanish media should find another club to write about.

With English football journalism you need to look at particular journalist, rather than particular publications. Because a lot of these journalists are pretty well connected with one or two clubs, but take them away from reporting on those clubs and they know nothing. I'm sure it's the same in other countries, but it does seem like whenever L'Equipe's got any sort of transfer news related to us, it's always a load of shite.

That’s what I do with Spanish sports journalism too. I always make a point to affirm when posting news due to the journalist that’s released the article or add that it’s a rumour or including the sentence; “if true” in there.

With regional or even club based sports papers like for example TuttoSport in Italy with Juventus, I am always wary when they release speculation surrounding any player outside of Turin and connected to a club outside that city.

In Spain you have tons of sports papers and then the big four that look after everything Catalan or Madrid based. Two for each region. They get many things right depending on which of their journalists has written the piece.

They got it right... eventually... after being wrong numerous times. And those other stories were probably just planted to turn the player's fucking head and make him think it was nailed on.

Asensio won't get playing time here either, so the Spanish media should find another club to write about.

Of course not mate. City of Barcelona based papers wouldn’t now start with Mbappé moving to Barcelona in the hope that one day it happens and are proved right. They get leaked information and they get it from inside. Certain journalists are either thrown off the mark or used to publicise bullshit in order to put pressure on the club that has the player the club wants. Then in the same paper you will have veteran well respected journalists that will only be given correct info but given it at the right moment.

There are games! I admit, but they’re games surrounding factual outcomes.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Asensio is one of Europe’s biggest young stars and I see that as quite arrogant mate. I’ll tell you why... You’re making it sound like you’ve got the best team and it can’t be bettered.

There are bigger players, why aren’t Liverpool going for them to improve even more like the other clubs in Europe are doing?

To stagnate is to lose in the end. Manchester City have improved so far this summer, what are Liverpool doing?

To say Asensio wouldn’t get playing time at Liverpool when he has done at a club that has won 3 of the cups you’ve won in a row is weird.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Of course not mate. City of Barcelona based papers wouldn’t now start with Mbappé moving to Barcelona in the hope that one day it happens and are proved right. They get leaked information and they get it from inside. Certain journalists are either thrown off the mark or used to publicise bullshit in order to put pressure on the club that has the player the club wants. Then in the same paper you will have veteran well respected journalists that will only be given correct info but given it at the right moment.

There are games! I admit, but they’re games surrounding factual outcomes.

Well I'm sure they're reaching out to agents and finding out what players are worth making up bullshit stories about, but they're still bullshit stories if they're saying a fee has been agreed and the two clubs haven't even picked up the phone and talked to each other.

I welcome this rumour. 

I keep saying it, but we simply HAVE to better this squad this summer. Yes, Ox is gonna be good to have back. Yes, Lallana is a good player if he stays fit. Yes, Brewster could turn out a revelation. No fan can seriously sit there and say we don't need anything this summer. 

We need attacking options and a left back for a start. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

Asensio is one of Europe’s biggest young stars and I see that as quite arrogant mate. I’ll tell you why... You’re making it sound like you’ve got the best team and it can’t be bettered.

There are bigger players, why aren’t Liverpool going for them to improve even more like the other clubs in Europe are doing?

To stagnate is to lose in the end. Manchester City have improved so far this summer, what are Liverpool doing?

To say Asensio wouldn’t get playing time at Liverpool when he has done at a club that has won 3 of the cups you’ve won in a row is weird.

I'm not saying that we've got the best team and it can't be bettered. That's a load of bollocks.

I'm saying Asensio is not going to get into our front 3. And if he wants to be playing with more regularity than he is at Madrid, that's what he'd be needing to do. But is he going to be able to step in for Mane and Salah? No, absolutely not, just compare the 3 players goal outputs - even before Mane and Salah were with us, they were producing more attacking output at clubs that were FAR WORSE than Real Madrid. And is he going to play in our false 9 role where Bobby plays? I doubt it, I don't think that would suit him at all tbh. And even if he did, the only way you could justifiably start him over Bobby there is if he was performing better than Bobby does for us in that position. And while Firmino isn't as flashy, he's vital to the way out attack actually works - he's a crucial player.

If he wants to come be a bench player, then I'm all for it. But if he's leaving for playing time, then why would he come to us? His best chance would be at hoping he could make a name for himself in our midfield, to fill that Coutinho #10 void, but Klopp doesn't like playing with a traditional #10 and when he does we shift shape subtly from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1... and that only happens just a couple of times a season. 

To say Asensio would get regular playing time at Liverpool, when the club has one of best front 3s and without consideration to Asensio's actual attacking output (at one of Europe's top sides) is weird.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

I welcome this rumour. 

I keep saying it, but we simply HAVE to better this squad this summer. Yes, Ox is gonna be good to have back. Yes, Lallana is a good player if he stays fit. Yes, Brewster could turn out a revelation. No fan can seriously sit there and say we don't need anything this summer. 

We need attacking options and a left back for a start. 

Well if you believe the journos that are actually connected with the club, we're only looking to bring in one player this season. He'll be an attacking option that can play on both flanks and that presents a goal threat. Who's he rumoured to be? No clue and the journos are keeping quiet about it too - so either they haven't been told by the club, or they've been told to keep it secret.

• The title was changed to Marco Asensio Suffers Serious ACL Injury
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Confirmed: Marco Asensio suffers the partial tear of the right-knee ACL. Out for 9 months!

Terrible injury for such a good player. Hope it doesn't set him back too much. 

The injury is the worst type of ligament injury anyone could ever sustain on the knee. Asensio has been extremely and disastrously unlucky. I would be surprised if he even returns in the 9 months set by the doctors at Real Madrid. They themselves have said that the time-span set is the most positive one they could offer.

I think we’re talking possibly well into the following season (20/21) before we see a 100% recovery and fitness prognosis from the medical staff. The other question is, will he be the same again.

15 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Horrible news for such a fantastic, promising player. Shame really as i was hoping he would get away from that cringeworthy club.... obviously not now. 

It would have been good to see himself and Isco at Barcelona before they signed for Real Madrid, although Barça don't buy Spanish players anymore(that would make too much sense), they'd rather buy players like Paulinho and Boeteng, ones which don't make sense at all, or spend 150 million on an overrated Brazilian.

Archived