• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Che Adams Signs For Southampton

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Ings coming in permanently as well.

I wanted us to go for Adams, think he'd have been a good fit as someone to eventually come in and challenge Vardy eventually. We need to get a striker - any injury to Vardy and we have, no exaggeration, the shittest attack in the league.

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

Ings coming in permanently as well.

I wanted us to go for Adams, think he'd have been a good fit as someone to eventually come in and challenge Vardy eventually. We need to get a striker - any injury to Vardy and we have, no exaggeration, the shittest attack in the league.

Ings joining them was going to happen anyways, their loan deal of him had an obligation to buy... I'm not exactly sure why they didn't sign him outright last season rather than loaning him in, but I assume it was done for accounting reasons.

And yeah, you lot need a non-Vardy striker just in case anything happens to Vardy. Because otherwise you're relying on that extra shit lad, who I think has made a strong case for being the worst striker in the league. He's abysmal.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ings joining them was going to happen anyways, their loan deal of him had an obligation to buy... I'm not exactly sure why they didn't sign him outright last season rather than loaning him in, but I assume it was done for accounting reasons.

And yeah, you lot need a non-Vardy striker just in case anything happens to Vardy. Because otherwise you're relying on that extra shit lad, who I think has made a strong case for being the worst striker in the league. He's abysmal.

Yeah I'd guess FFP played a part, same reason PSG loaned Mbappe at first rather than buying him but on a much smaller scale.

We do badly. Adams would've been on my list because the profile here I want is somebody young enough to not demand to start but somebody who possibly can eventually and Adams is by many accounts a good striker with a lot of the attributes - Vardy style in a few ways.

Iheanacho has been an absolute waste of space since we've signed him. I just cannot name the redeeming factor - lazy, can't read the game, pace is a bit of a myth, can't dribble, poor control, 4 goals in two seasons (two of them against teams that went on to finish comfortably bottom, two in end of season dead rubbers). I'd normally be a bit more forgiving but I cannot abide this clown. Lot of potential in our side but we're still a Vardy injury away from a relegation battle for me.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah I'd guess FFP played a part, same reason PSG loaned Mbappe at first rather than buying him but on a much smaller scale.

We do badly. Adams would've been on my list because the profile here I want is somebody young enough to not demand to start but somebody who possibly can eventually and Adams is by many accounts a good striker with a lot of the attributes - Vardy style in a few ways.

Iheanacho has been an absolute waste of space since we've signed him. I just cannot name the redeeming factor - lazy, can't read the game, pace is a bit of a myth, can't dribble, poor control, 4 goals in two seasons (two of them against teams that went on to finish comfortably bottom, two in end of season dead rubbers). I'd normally be a bit more forgiving but I cannot abide this clown. Lot of potential in our side but we're still a Vardy injury away from a relegation battle for me.

Iheanacho is one of the worst strikers I've ever seen in my life, so I'm not surprised you're not that forgiving 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It was done purely based on his injury record. Saints could have bought him but there was too much doubt over Danny Ings fitness after missing so much football.

To be fair, he only managed 24 appearances with some of them being off the bench so it was a wise move.

Adams is a good young forward. Got a bit of physicality about him that you need at this level. Reminds me of a quicker, younger Deeney.

For the price, it's a good deal. And given they sold Targett for nearly the same, they have done great buisness here.

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Dan said:

Lot of potential in our side but we're still a Vardy injury away from a relegation battle for me.

Surely not that bad. Without Vardy you'd struggle to be in the 7th-10th mini league quite so comfortably but not a relegation battle.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Surely not that bad. Without Vardy you'd struggle to be in the 7th-10th mini league quite so comfortably but not a relegation battle.

We would drop off no end. It's hard to be sure but our attack beyond him is terrifying, and not for the opposition either.

But as it happens it looks like we're about to sign Ayoze Perez anyway...

• Administrator
On 02/07/2019 at 23:02, RandoEFC said:

Do Southampton even play two up front? As far as I know they now have Adams, Ings, Austin and Long. Seems a bit like overkill when most teams now play with just one central striker.

The injury records of the other 3 (Ings/Austin/Long) isn't particularly great, though. They need the depth and Adams is an improvement on that. I think he could keep them up (not single-handedly, but he goes a long way to helping them do so).

Austin will probably go. Last year of his contract, they will not keep him on, may well flog him.

Just doesn't fit Hasenhuttl's style at all. Heard a rumour he may go to Sheffield United which I could see happening.

• 6 months later...

Archived