talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Would You Sack Pep If Man City Don't Finish Top 4?

With a top 4 place under threat should Pep be sacked if he blows it? Should Man City just hold their hands up and admit it was a mistake to appoint someone who has no history of managing a team that has to do more than turn up to win 

:ph34r:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be fuming if I was a City fan and they sacked him. 

They've waited so long for someone as good as him to come, give him another year at least. 

Hasn't helped him that Chelsea under a new manager have been so good this season to compare his time at City to. 

He's right up there with Luis Enrique, Zinedine Zidane as the greatest managers in football who've achieved great things in Spain and the champions league. 

They'd be absolutely crazy to sack him unless Enrique or Zidane are available and interested. 

Honestly, I know I will get smashed for this but he's not as wonderful as people think. Sure, he has had to deal with crazy ego's, high expectations, get some of the worlds best players to play good and winning football. But, now he is in a tougher league with more than 1 or 2 other sides willing to challenge his side for honours...he is struggling. He will either be sacked or he will take a break and think about how the EPL is too tough for him at the moment...

If you look at the quality of Bayern's football this season compared to last, I think it's a undeniable that despite their lack of luck/clinicality in some big matches, that Guardiola was partly responsible for them being so pants-shittingly strong in the league. 

Of course it's a great squad, Ancelotti still has them top of the league, but they've been far less convincing. And they still suffered the same kind of bad luck in Europe as Bayern had at times under Guardiola. 

And if you compare Guardiola's first season to his last, I think it's clear that Bayern evolved and improved from that first season. They had some teething issues and a lack of clarity in how they played, but by the end the team had developed its own style that was distinct from Barcelona. 

I think City will definitely improve, and not just because of huge signings, but because they will figure out a style and an identity that will enable them to play better and more consistently than they are now.

Theyve taken the leap of hiring him, they might as well soldier on through the initial disappointment, since the evidence suggests things will probably get better.

Definitely underachieved this season but he took over an ageing side whose key areas have been burning out (Kompany, Zabaleta, Clichy, Toure). The team itself requires wholesale change and they've begun that with the likes of Gundogan, Sane, Jesus etc but they'll need to make change sin the Summer that guarantee competition next season cos they can't fuck around again.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I see what you're trying there ... and I like it. Would 'THEY' take him back if it did happen?

Actually I'm thinking Arsenal mate! That's where he should've gone in the first place were it not for a squatter we have. He would've won us the Premier League in my opinion. 

It's his first season in a league that has more than 4 difficult games a season. Sacking him would be harsh. Man City need to just make sure he has the tools necessary to be better prepared next season by spending £300m in the summer to put together a team where he becomes less of an important factor like he was at Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

He's right up there with Luis Enrique, Zinedine Zidane as the greatest managers in football who've achieved great things in Spain and the champions league. 

They'd be absolutely crazy to sack him unless Enrique or Zidane are available and interested. 

Can we just talk about how ironic it is as soon as Zidane was announced as manager we all thought he wouldn't last to the next season yet 2 years later he's still thriving?

4 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Can we just talk about how ironic it is as soon as Zidane was announced as manager we all thought he wouldn't last to the next season yet 2 years later he's still thriving?

Guarantee you if they bottle the league and lose out in the CL, he's gone. 

Define 'thriving'. He's benefited tremendously whilst both  Barca and Atletico have been poor all season, yet Real still only sit level with a game in hand. 

He's developed a very efficient playing style, although not ground breaking. Cross it and hope it lands to Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, Ramos, Varane, Pepe etc. 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Guarantee you if they bottle the league and lose out in the CL, he's gone. 

Define 'thriving'. He's benefited tremendously whilst both  Barca and Atletico have been poor all season, yet Real still only sit level with a game in hand. 

He's developed a very efficient playing style, although not ground breaking. Cross it and hope it lands to Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, Ramos, Varane, Pepe etc. 

I mean... it's the strategy i use in fifa so....

34 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I feel like Fusion is the kind of guy that would use super fast wingers and strikers and long ball it to them.

No need for wingers, you just need Falcao and you keep spamming long balls to him.:dunce: If I'm not mistaken, this was my formation against Cicero.

x5rvig.jpg

Rebel's post before my game against Cicero.

You haven't played Cicero yet. I was shit, but he was class anyway. Even if I was at my best, I'd have still lost. I think he'll destroy you personally you cunt, then you'll be the laugh of the town

Cicero's tears after our game.:ph34r:

Drew 0-0 first game with Fusion and lost 1-2 to Fusion. Missed to many chances to deserve to win. Easily the worst player i've ever lost to. How Everton and Atletico Madrid are in the same ranking is beyond me.

@Cicero and @The Rebel CRS are just tiki-taka fanboys, I showed them how real football should be played. Rebel was lucky because he was using the overpowered midfield of Valencia at FIFA 13. Cirero couldn't do that with Everton, just like Pep this season.:ay:

44 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Its great tbh. He may even end up making history with back to back champions leagues

Archived