talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Would You Sack Pep If Man City Don't Finish Top 4?

Wish I had the photo, but I absolutely mauled Chris xD

Game ended 4-0, something around 12 shots, 10 on target whilst he had 0. 

70-30% possession. 

Then Fusion had to go all DiMatteo on me. Reenacted Barca vs Chelsea in 2012

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Fusion said:

No need for wingers, you just need Falcao and you keep spamming long balls to him.:dunce: If I'm not mistaken, this was my formation against Cicero.

x5rvig.jpg

Rebel's post before my game against Cicero.

Cicero's tears after our game.:ph34r:

@Cicero and @The Rebel CRS are just tiki-taka fanboys, I showed them how real football should be played. Rebel was lucky because he was using the overpowered midfield of Valencia at FIFA 13. Cirero couldn't do that with Everton, just like Pep this season.:ay:

To be fair in ultimate team fifa 13-14 I literally had the least expensive fastest wingers and backs just to sprint up the field and cross it into Dzeko and Mandzukic with Crouch on the bench. It ALWAYS worked. That game was so broken...

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Inverted said:

If you look at the quality of Bayern's football this season compared to last, I think it's a undeniable that despite their lack of luck/clinicality in some big matches, that Guardiola was partly responsible for them being so pants-shittingly strong in the league. 

Of course it's a great squad, Ancelotti still has them top of the league, but they've been far less convincing. And they still suffered the same kind of bad luck in Europe as Bayern had at times under Guardiola. 

And if you compare Guardiola's first season to his last, I think it's clear that Bayern evolved and improved from that first season. They had some teething issues and a lack of clarity in how they played, but by the end the team had developed its own style that was distinct from Barcelona. 

I think City will definitely improve, and not just because of huge signings, but because they will figure out a style and an identity that will enable them to play better and more consistently than they are now.

Theyve taken the leap of hiring him, they might as well soldier on through the initial disappointment, since the evidence suggests things will probably get better.

Granted its Ancelotti's first season as well so i have to give him time just like Pep. But that is exactly how i saw his time here and is the reason i didnt want him to leave. I've gotten in many of arguements over exactly this ^_^

He's definitely got a lot to prove - particularly when you look at Conte who's came into the country and taken it by storm with what looks like a domestic double. 

He shouldn't be sacked though, he needs time to build what he wants, there's a lot of players at City he clearly doesn't want.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Wish I had the photo, but I absolutely mauled Chris xD

Game ended 4-0, something around 12 shots, 10 on target whilst he had 0. 

70-30% possession. 

Then Fusion had to go all DiMatteo on me. Reenacted Barca vs Chelsea in 2012

We had one game then you wouldn't have me another one ever again so that you always have the upperhand xD

1 hour ago, Fusion said:

No need for wingers, you just need Falcao and you keep spamming long balls to him.:dunce: If I'm not mistaken, this was my formation against Cicero.

x5rvig.jpg

Rebel's post before my game against Cicero.

Cicero's tears after our game.:ph34r:

@Cicero and @The Rebel CRS are just tiki-taka fanboys, I showed them how real football should be played. Rebel was lucky because he was using the overpowered midfield of Valencia at FIFA 13. Cirero couldn't do that with Everton, just like Pep this season.:ay:

We used to have a great laugh on that game didn't we pal?  xD Do you have a PS4 now? As we will have to have a game sometime.

I love the criticisms Guardiola is getting for winning in easier leagues.  He also won the Champions League (twice) and he didn't play Spanish teams (apart from a Semi-Final against Real Madrid) in that tournament.

He isn't perfect and isn't god's gift to football as the media made him out to be, but he's a very good coach and he gets teams playing in what I personally believe to be (it's my opinion) the most beautiful way football can be played.

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I love the criticisms Guardiola is getting for winning in easier leagues.  He also won the Champions League (twice) and he didn't play Spanish teams (apart from a Semi-Final against Real Madrid) in that tournament.

Oh you must mention a Norwegian Referee who helped him over the line in one of those CL semi finals. And Benfica also have an axe to grind against him that year too!

I think he's been found out now he isn't managing the best team in the league with the best squad in the league but it'd be daft to sack him after one season. After having everything his own way for the entirety of his managerial career it'll be interesting to see how he copes at a club that isn't even the biggest or best club in their city, let alone the league.

I think he'll do better when he clears out some of the shite and brings in some more £50m Spaniards/Brazilians but he clearly can't spot a decent keeper as theirs is absolutely dogshit

11 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Oh you must mention a Norwegian Referee who helped him over the line in one of those CL semi finals. And Benfica also have an axe to grind against him that year too!

How boring...

34 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He isn't perfect and isn't god's gift to football as the media made him out to be, but he's a very good coach and he gets teams playing in what I personally believe to be (it's my opinion) the most beautiful way football can be played.

In that era teams who were having shit seasons in the Premier League were winning the Champions League. He has shown at Bayern he can't win the modern champions league.

:ph34r:

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

How boring...

Oh I agree truths can be boring to those trying to defend those being found out.

Can we take it he has your backing with reference of  your loving of his current criticisms, that in your opinion he is nailed on to be a success at City?

Just now, The Liquidator said:

Oh I agree truths can be boring to those trying to defend those being found out.

Can we take it he has your backing with reference of  your loving of his current criticisms, that in your opinion he is nailed on to be a success at City?

Ugh!  Just go and blend something healthy...

Archived