Oxford vs Shrewsbury
Rochdale vs Bradford
Scunthorpe vs Coventry
Sheffield Utd vs Chesterfield
Southend vs Bury
Walsall vs MK Dons

Permutations:

Championship
Sheffield Wednesday and Reading can secure play-off spots with a win in their respective games
Blackburn and Wigan need to win (the latter moreso) to have any chance of survival
Brighton need to match Newcastle's result to ensure the Championship title

League One
Bolton need to match Fleetwood's result to ensure automatic promotion back to the Championship
Millwall, Southend & Rochdale all fighting for the final play-off spot - Millwall need to equal Southend & Rochdale's result to finish 6th
Port Vale need to win to have any chance of survival
Gillingham and Bury only have to match Port Vale's result

League Two
Anyone from 4th down to 14th can still qualify for the play-offs
A win for Cheltenham (21st) against Hartlepool (23rd) will ensure survival. 
If Cheltenham and Newport win, Hartlepool will be relegated

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We're 19.45 according to BBC.

As for this, I expect a loss as Newcastle will have too much for us. However, this'll be a good match to see how we fare competitively in preparation for next season.

All of our players were out on the piss on Monday night and didn't return to training until today. Wouldn't be surprised if you rolled us over, Warnock will have you up for it too.

We haven't won away for a while and are only 1 away win off a club record.

I'd be annoyed if they blow the chance to go in our history books.

Just can't win away with Gayle.

However pressure is off so maybe we won't pass it backwards and sideways so much? 

55 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

We haven't won away for a while and are only 1 away win off a club record.

I'd be annoyed if they blow the chance to go in our history books.

Just can't win away with Gayle.

However pressure is off so maybe we won't pass it backwards and sideways so much? 

Even if you made a lot of changes, I still expect you to win.

Sadly it sounds like Huddersfield will rest players for the play-offs. They have done their best to relegate us this season with their results against the teams around us.

Now they have some confidence back, Villa are a very good team at this level. They have spent a lot of money of their current squad and next season they should be going for automatic promotion. We have to win, its very simple, but Villa aren't the ideal opponents even though I'm sure some of their fans will be keen we pick up a win to put the pressure of their rivals.

5 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Matt Richie out of the last 2 games with suspension for calling the ref a Cunt in the Leeds game

Thought it was Ipswich?

Shame really, he's our best player. He'll get an early holiday hopefully, deserves it. 

Love that bloke, he really does care.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Matt Richie out of the last 2 games with suspension for calling the ref a Cunt in the Leeds game

Just a Vardy wannabe then. 

On 26/04/2017 at 10:13 PM, roversgirl said:

Sadly it sounds like Huddersfield will rest players for the play-offs. They have done their best to relegate us this season with their results against the teams around us.

Now they have some confidence back, Villa are a very good team at this level. They have spent a lot of money of their current squad and next season they should be going for automatic promotion. We have to win, its very simple, but Villa aren't the ideal opponents even though I'm sure some of their fans will be keen we pick up a win to put the pressure of their rivals.

Jedinak is a 'big doubt' according to Bruce's opening statement in the press conference. Just awaiting news of the other 17 injuries.

Last home game as a Football League side for a long while and probably the last time I go to Brisbane Road for a while, as well. 

It would be nice to bow out with a win for the young lads that have been thrown into this awful situation but realistically it will be a comfortable away win. 

There was talk of protests to get the game abandoned but that's gone very quiet so seems unlikely now. The game would still have to be replayed anyway because of Colchester's position in the league. No idea what else is planned but I won't be joining in myself. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Just heard a few sirens go passed my office. While not wanting to jump to conclusions, this highly likely means that Any O'Brien is well and truly pissed and wandering topless before breaking his leg in a fight after calling someone a sheep shagging cunt.

punched a horse yet?

Well that was shit. First half was pretty even but Newcastle turned it on in the second half and outplayed us. However, I will say that while the free kick had quality, we should have closed Hayden down well before he got the shot off. Very poor defending from us there.

At the same time, I wouldn't say Newcastle tore us a new one in terms of chances and I would say we had a few decent chances as well. Unfortunately, we couldn't hit a barn door as Noone proved twice.

But with the game over, it is possible that Whitters played his final game at home for us as after 10 years at the club, his contract is due to expire and while a deal is on the table, it is for lower wages and he is likely to see less game time.

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Proper yo-yo club :ph34r:

I was thinking about this the other day actually. In the 15 years I had been a Newcastle supporter before Mike Ashley arrived I'd never experienced a relegation battle. We had firmly established ourselves as one of those clubs like Tottenham where 13th was a bad season, where a bad manager could only be as bad as around 13th. Now under Ashley relegation is always a possibility, always, it doesn't matter how high up the table we get the threat of relegation is just one crazy decision.

Feel physically sick.

One of the biggest games in our history, expecting a bumper crowd and we simply have to win. This game is up there with Preston away to win promotion, the Worthington Cup final and at home to Newcastle to secure European football in the 97/98 season in terms of the pressure and importance.

I could be a strange atmosphere as we're expecting 6k Villa fans but I'm sure some of them may be quite happy for their team to lose today if it means Birmingham get relegated!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived