• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2016/2017 - 28-30th April

football forum

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Live table at half time in League Two on the penultimate match day of the season:

6. Blackpool 67 pts (+21 gd)
7. Cambridge 66 pts (+8 gd)

-----------------------
8. Colchester 66 pts (+7 gd)
9. Stevenage 66 pts (+6 gd)
10. Mansfield 66 pts (+5 gd)
11. Wycombe 66 pts (+4 gd)
12. Carlisle 65 pts (-2 gd)

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Wigan Athletic down :drunk:!!! 

Amazing that either Blackburn Rovers and Nottingham Forest could go with them too. 

Why? Blackburn yes, but Forest have been in league one more than the Premier League in the last 20 years. 

League Two should be a great one to watch next weekend. Two points seperating many of the teams still challenging for the play-offs and if a team like Carlisle in sixth slip up they'll give their place away.

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Don't get me wrong I know why they are there, it's just that with good management from the top they could be up in the top flight. They've been horrendously mismanaged over the years.

I think their history papers over that they aren't very well supported. The Championship is about right for Forest. Maybe occasional promotion like Ipswich get.

• Administrator

Agree with Harvey. Forest are reliant on their history and are closer to being like Coventry than anything else. 

I'd actually prefer Blackburn to stay up but that's probably the rivalry talking. Maybe both clubs need to go down to actuslly go on to take steps forward. 

Birmingham away to Bristol City

Forest at home to Ipswich

Blackburn away to Brentford

Those are the relegation fixtures for the final game of the Championship (Bristol City can also go down but will need some decent goal swings for it to happen).

Looking at that, I think Blackburn will be the one to drop though in the Championship, who the fuck knows.

• Subscriber

Second half results went against us with Stevenage coming back to draw and Carlisle and Colchester managing to win.

If we beat Wycombe away next week, which isn't an easy fixture, we can sneak into the playoffs if 3 of the following 4 results come off, which looks unlikely.

- Carlisle lose at Exeter, who secured their playoff place today and can't finish any higher so might not be that arsed.

- Blackpool draw or lose at home against already relegated Leyton Orient

- Stevenage draw or lose at home against Accrington Stanley who are somewhere in the "who cares" section of the bottom half

- Colchester to lose, draw or win by the same or less number of goals as Cambridge do at home to Yeovil who are also sitting in the safe but anonymous lower bid-table places.

I would say there's pretty much fuck all chance of things going our way. Carlisle could lose at Exeter and us getting a better result than Colchester is somewhat under our control, but then you're hoping for a pretty massive bottle job from either Blackpool or Stevenage.

• Subscriber

By the way, the Leyton Orient - Colchester match was suspended about 5 minutes before the end with the score at 1-3, due to a pitch invasion by the home fans. They've waited nearly two hours to get the match going again but have been unable to due to fans sitting on the pitch in protest! In the last five minutes the players have returned to the pitch to warm back up to play the last few minutes xDxD

We've done all we can today, its just a shame shitty Huddersfield lost to 10 man Birmingham. I really hope Huddersfield getting hammered in the play-offs, they made 10 changes to their team today. There is no need for that when the game means so much to other teams in the league; I can understand a few changes but changing pretty much the entire team is very harsh on us and Forest.

If we do go down I can't question the players commitment and effort under Mowbray. We've given it a good go, its just a shame we could potentially go down on goal difference especially when you think back to certain matches under Mowbray eg. letting in a goal to draw with Preston with 30 secs to go, letting 10 man Norwich back into the game to make it 2-2, and not taking advantage last weekend at Wolves. 

We need a BIG favour from either Bristol City or Ipswich now. 

25 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The title is Newcastle's. 

Villa aren't in good form, beaten at home recently off Reading as well so definitely there for the taking.

Brighton players looked like they had been relegated at the full time whistle today though. During the game some of them were playing with a panicking urgency.

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

The staff, police and Football League have colluded to get that game finished. What a disgrace. 

Perish the thought that they'd want to finish a game which actually impacts on Colchester. 

--

I can't handle tomorrow. We're going to balls it up, I know it. Haven't dreaded/looked forward to a game like this before... gaahhhh

• Subscriber

Absolutely glorious. The red shite pulled right back into it.

I expect Blackburn to drop though. They have a horrible fixture really. Brentford are flying.

The title still doesn't matter to me, all about who we can bring in over the summer because the squad needs a bit of an overhaul.

Villa are on the beach so wouldn't be surprised if Brighton turned them over anyway.

4 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

One of the best trips I have had on Friday. Left Newcastle 7am and arrived home 6:45am the next day. Cardiff is a cracking city. 

Would be nice to win the league next week but I won't be disappointed if we don't. Can see Brighton beating Villa.

Were you the guy with your shirt off by any chance? :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived