talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ayoze Perez Signs For Leicester

Valencia look to Newcastle striker Ayoze Perez

Valencia want to sign Newcastle United striker Ayoze Perez this summer, according to a local report from Cadena Cope.

The 25-year-old netted 12 Premier League goals for the Magpies this campaign and has two years remaining on his contract, having moved to England from Tenerife five years ago.

Perez explained on El Chiringuito TV in March: “After five years here, it is maybe time to change.

“My idea is to return to Spanish football, I want to play for a big club in La Liga, that would be great for my career.

“I have adapted to this league (in England) and have good goal scoring numbers but life here is not as good as in Spain.”

The striker has netted 48 goals for Newcastle in 195 matches for the club with an increasing number of media reports that he will return to his native Spain this summer.

It is said that Los Che boss Marcelino Garcia Toral greatly values the player’s versatility in attack and that is behind the latest wave of rumours.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not averse to him leaving but going to Leicester is symbolic of what a disastrous summer this has been so far. We should be competing with Leicester in the top 10 this season not losing one of our best players from the last 5 months to them.

I'd prefer it if he was going to Sevilla or Valencia but I think he has been priced out of that.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Panna King said:

He is crap. 30 million for someone who gets 5 goals a season xD

He scored 12 last season and 8 the season before in the league? 

It can't be addons if it's a release cause that is activated.

Either way it'll be in installments no doubt which means we'll get about £4m to replace him this summer based on past business decisions. 

When Mitrovic was sold and the board were asked where the money has gone they said it's installments and they haven't received it yet. Most normal clubs would get an operating loan out or buy players with installments themselves. Not add £1m to the transfer kitty a year for the next 27 years.

And people say Ashley is a great businessman.

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

It can't be addons if it's a release cause that is activated.

Either way it'll be in installments no doubt which means we'll get about £4m to replace him this summer based on past business decisions. 

When Mitrovic was sold and the board were asked where the money has gone they said it's installments and they haven't received it yet. Most normal clubs would get an operating loan out or buy players with installments themselves. Not add £1m to the transfer kitty a year for the next 27 years.

And people say Ashley is a great businessman.

Also Tottenham bought Sissoko for 30 million with 6 payments of 5 million. 

• Administrator
Just now, Panna King said:

Wow ok must be worth it.

xD

£30m isn't the worst deal in the world for a guy like him. He's hardly shit, either. Maybe playing with better players might bring more out of him as opposed to being in Newcastle's squad?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

xD

£30m isn't the worst deal in the world for a guy like him. He's hardly shit, either. Maybe playing with better players might bring more out of him as opposed to being in Newcastle's squad?

I have never rated him at all, he is far too inconsistent but lets see what he does at another club to judge him 100%. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I have never rated him at all, he is far too inconsistent but lets see what he does at another club to judge him 100%. 

That'd be fairer, yes.

Even if he got something like 12 goals next season and a few assists, that's beneficial for us - one of our main priorities this season is to get support for Vardy when it comes to scoring goals. Perez may provide that especially more so than a player like Gray who is the ultimate definition of inconsistency.

• The title was changed to Ayoze Perez Signs For Leicester

Archived